Home

Are we serfs?

Posted By: trapperkeck

Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:04 PM

140 businesses have jumped on the "we have to do something about gun violence". Apparently, they do not care what anyone else thinks. This is a very scary time for our country!
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:10 PM

How about a nationwide gun owners strike to let these big businesses know what we think? Nearly 50% of this country owns guns and I have to think many think like we do. If half the country stayed home from work for a few days, maybe they would figure it out?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:25 PM

I think people are sheep rather than serfs......They get caught up in fads and ideals and do whats popular rather than thinking for themselves. Any intelligent person knows that outlawing guns isnt going to take guns away from criminals yet its still happening.
Posted By: RKG

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:26 PM

In a free market society, you vote everyday.

Every time you open your wallet, you're expressing your views, and casting your vote.

If we're really tired, as a society, of any business telling us what to do or how to think, we just have to stop putting "ballots" into their "ballot boxes".
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by RKG
In a free market society, you vote everyday.

Every time you open your wallet, you're expressing your views, and casting your vote.

If we're really tired, as a society, of any business telling us what to do or how to think, we just have to stop putting "ballots" into their "ballot boxes".

Exactly. I boycotted Wal-Mart years ago. Dicks and Nike don't get my business either. Levi's is out to.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:30 PM

I don't necessarily agree with a strike as that would affect folks that are doing the right thing. I think it would be better to distribute a comprehensive list of the ones that are running scared and let folks make their decisions on who to do business with based on facts and who is making these decisions especially the ones that are trying to avoid being exposed. Just my thoughts.

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:33 PM

We are slaves. Our currency is debt right from the get go. Borrowed from the Fed and given to us only to pay back plus interest.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:37 PM

Separation of States is coming I will not be ruled by city idiots!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 10:56 PM

Property taxes sure make us appear to be serfs. No one ever owns there home free and clear.

Keith
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Property taxes sure make us appear to be serfs. No one ever owns there home free and clear.

Keith

Hate to admit I enjoy good schools, decent roads, snow removal, sheriff, ambulance...

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

Keith

Hate to admit I enjoy good schools, decent roads, snow removal, sheriff, ambulance...

Taxes are an unfortunately a necessary part of life in our current system. I think past a certain age, maybe 60 or 65, property taxes should be waived. I hate seeing old people, especially widows lose their homes to property taxes.

Keith
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

How will that work Jerry??
Im all for it.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:23 PM

I really like the idea of all the gun owners of staying home and not going to work for a couple of days and not spending a dime. I think that would show how powerful a group we really are.

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

Keith

Unfortunately public schools are not that good and they are not allowed to teach several things that would really make a difference in people's lives. Government approved education is all it is.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:40 PM

The big city area's where they get the bulk of their income is ruled by the libturd (sic) snowflakes that started this crap. Both the actual crime and demanding solutions.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/12/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

How will that work Jerry??
Im all for it.

The only option I see to avoid civil war just let the fruit loops have their crazy woke ways and let us be heathens.
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 12:49 AM

Keithc, I agree a 100 percent! Property and school taxes should stop after age 65 or 30 years of payment on a home or farm! Also if the gun owners / working man went on strike for one day it would show Washington where the power comes from!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 02:38 AM

One year in an elder care facility and that will be 10-20 fold what annual taxes on a residential home for most elderly citizens. We harp at $3000 a year and forget about $9,000 per month.
Each of us can and should choose where we shop, so if 140 companies go against your principles than find suitable alternatives that fit your principles. When government(s) can't or won't lead and or act then the private sector will do so and that may well be how a democratic capitalistic nation should be run. Must be hard for many that can't stand government and now large chunks of the private sector as well.
Bryce
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 02:41 AM

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by cablejohn
Keithc, I agree a 100 percent! Property and school taxes should stop after age 65 or 30 years of payment on a home or farm! Also if the gun owners / working man went on strike for one day it would show Washington where the power comes from!

I went to a private high school, so why did my parents have to pay taxes for public school?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
We are slaves. Our currency is debt right from the get go. Borrowed from the Fed and given to us only to pay back plus interest.

That's exactly right, we have been serfs since 1913.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 04:22 PM

We've always been, nothing new.
Since day 1, we've been in debt and taxed to pay for it.

https://www.debt.org/blog/united-states-federal-debt-timeline/
Just a smaal paragraph that sums it up.
Look up why we had the whiskey rebellion and such in our early days.

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
Originally Posted by cablejohn

I went to a private high school, so why did my parents have to pay taxes for public school?

I went to a private high school too. It's in the public's best interest for all children to receive a very good education, so they can reach their full potential. The only way to insure this is with tax supported public schools. Unfortunately, do to a multitude of reasons, many children still get a poor education.

Keith
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/13/19 04:54 PM

I recall my grand father who died in the mid 1960s when I was just a child saying.. The only difference between US and Communist in Russia.
Communist Russia their Government tells the people Government owns everything, people own nothing. In the US the Government just lets the people think they own things..

Not sure much has changed since Grandpa's time growing up in early 1900s. Just the players changed.

I don't mind paying taxes for the services I receive and pooled resorces should make that cheaper for all like a co-op. I do wonder why I pay for now schools when parents supposedly paid for my schooling. My kids are now long out of school and their now paying and have no children. So one of life's many inequity's. The K-12 bill is bad enough part what burns me most is what goes to tec schools and collages..That is just business way of having us tax payers, pay for people they used to hire low wage as interns and apprentices or hired to, on the job training.
Now they only got to grab top students still pay low start wage and see if they fit their business style. Other take their degree and go flip burgers which they probably should have done to start.
Way it is.

We are and have been as said "Surfs all along." Only ones that really aren't are those just living on street begging and stealing form others.
Days of truly living of the land been long gone long time..

Mac
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 12:08 PM

http://www.lawfulrebellion.org/2011/08/17/the-story-of-your-enslavement/

A different take on the issue:
https://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-11-20/story-your-enslavement

http://alt-market.com/articles/2797-what-is-the-best-method-of-rebellion-against-tyranny
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 02:03 PM

Public school poor kid here. That being said, most everyone I went to school with was in the same boat. And we had/have a good school. Far from perfect but good nonetheless. It was and still is a country school which helps in many ways. Farmers pay the most property tax which funds the school. One old timer with lots of acres always voted for every school bill, every one, but his kids were done growed up on their own. I asked him about this, he looked at me as if I were an alien. He told me, these are your people, your neighbors, your community, friends and family and strangers but all of this place. Give ourselves the best opportunities we can. I understood he knew a time when kids didn’t finish school, but went to work, out of necessity. Our views on schools and education were far apart, until then. I was given a good one by men and women like him.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
140 businesses have jumped on the "we have to do something about gun violence". Apparently, they do not care what anyone else thinks. This is a very scary time for our country!

arm themselves
Posted By: Boco

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 04:45 PM

Evrybodys gone serfin-serfin USA.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:02 PM

"Only a Fool would allow his enemies to educate his children." ...MalcolmX.

That's it, in a nutshell.

and WE'RE the Fools!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin

and WE'RE the Fools!

I agree, you people are fools. I homeschooled my children.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:30 PM

I would like to know the names of those 140 business!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by white marlin

and WE'RE the Fools!

I agree, you people are fools. I homeschooled my children.

YOU did?
Posted By: RKG

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:36 PM

"I" homeschooled my children. Quit my managerial job and stayed home and taught them both. Both are in college now. Oldest graduating early with a double major and a minor.

To this day, everyone that knows I homeschooled my kids says the same thing: Too bad they never got an education. (while their kids flunk out first year college)

If you send your kids to Caesar for learning, don't be surprised when they return home as Romans.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/14/19 09:49 PM

I'll correct myself. The wife and I.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/15/19 02:13 PM

There's a chance that after the 2020 election, it will all be free in our new utopian world.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Are we serfs? - 09/15/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
I would like to know the names of those 140 business!
Here's the link to the NRA's anti-gunners:

NRA's Anti-gunners
© 2024 Trapperman Forums