Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:40 AM

I hope that’s fake news.
Posted By: keets

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:41 AM

nope crazy
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:43 AM

Its getting bad here too. We are already thinking private school or home school for ours starting next year. Biggest road blocks for us in the decision making process is private school is expensive and we are not sure we have the patience to home school a 10 and a 14 year old.
Posted By: charles

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:44 AM

What school system sent that home? Surely not one that receives state or federal dollars!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:57 AM

Glad we pulled our kids -- they don't teach what needs to be taught anymore -- all political / liberal crap.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:00 AM

Wow. That's called indoctrination.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:00 AM

Welcome to public schools now a days run by the federal government. I got a great public school education. Now all they are is indoctrination camps for the libtards so they can dumb down society making it easier to take over. It isn't the schools or the teacher's faults either. It is mandated from the fed and if they don't comply they cut their funding and the state takes over the school.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:07 AM

Keets Medford, Prentice or other?

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:12 AM

Medford

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:14 AM

I'm in Gilman that is scary stuff right there! Not doing that here. Yikes

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:14 AM

I don't even know how to tackle it.....not the first time I've dealt with it at home either

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:18 AM

What class is that in and grade level?

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:22 AM

US GOVT 10TH GRADE
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:31 AM

Chuckles if you need some more info -- pm me -- best move we ever made. Not as expensive as you might think and the right program your kids have the abillity to graduate H.S. with basically a transfer degree to cc or state college. but they have to be motivated and supervised. Check into charter schools if available in your state.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:37 AM

What is the actual question?

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:53 AM

Select the statements that reflect the tyranny of the majority
Posted By: amspoker

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by keets

"The educational system is warping the minds of our children"
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 02:18 AM

I used to wonder why the terrorists wanted to kill us so badly. I get it now.
Posted By: adam m

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 02:58 AM

That's terrible
Posted By: James

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Yeah, Keets, it would help if you explained the context of this excerpt.

Jim
Posted By: Catch22

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

Good grief, really?
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 03:31 AM

That’s everywhere! I told my kids to homeschool or send them to private school! If you think that’s bad, see what they teach in college!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 11:47 AM

US GOVT 10TH GRADE

What a crying shame... unreal stuff
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:18 PM

What state? What school? What class? Is there any proof that this is even real? Looks like fake news meant to stir the crap.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 12:25 PM

And who shows up to support this crap!?
Posted By: Teacher

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:08 PM

I’m not sure what all the concern is about. These statements are from news articles I read every day in local and national newspapers. Without understanding the context of the question, the part we’re not seeing is more important than what Keets is showing us.
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
What state? What school? What class? Is there any proof that this is even real? Looks like fake news meant to stir the crap.

Talk about stirring the pot. Do you know how to read? All your questions are answered earlier in this post!

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 01:56 PM

If this was not fake news, we'd get to see the rest of the page and know more about the context.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 02:17 PM

I think grackel is happy they want to turn american children in to liberal retards.

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 02:56 PM

Why matt? For my questioning of what is almost certainly boooogus bs.
If the parenting is so poor that said parent must worry that little Johnny or Janie are going to brainwashed by a school that the kid is exposed to for so little time compared to the time the kid should spend with the family, they have failed miserably.
These same "concerned" parents probably let the kid spend hours on the internet and playing violent video games.

We should be told what happened when these questions were brought to the attention of the school board.

There is something about the Original post that should raise questions for anyone who does not automatically buy into whatever he is shown by folks he believes are like minded.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 03:15 PM

Considering we're trappings and strong 2A supporters that questions seems very important.

Face it...we're a small minority that is constantly facing the tyranny of the majority.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 10:28 PM

Most of you are clueless when it comes to what's happened to public school curriculum "these days."

You should see what's happened to most history courses.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/13/19 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat
Most of you are clueless when it comes to what's happened to public school curriculum "these days." This is the tip of the iceberg.

You should see what's happened to most history courses.

Don't have to see much...history majors in top schools these days don't even have to take a class in US history! It's an elective.

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/14/19 01:03 AM

Well, grekkle....I can assure you that is real homework,screenshotted off a school laptop, and that crap us there on a daily basis...your comments are idiotic

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/14/19 09:41 PM

Show us the rest of the page.

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/15/19 01:19 AM

When I get time I (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) will
Posted By: black and tan

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/15/19 01:27 PM

I overheard some parents this weekend talking that their kids have to take a band class. I don't understand how this helps out in real.

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/15/19 07:42 PM

Most good public schools have the middle school kids take a half semester or so of the elective classes they will be offered at the high school level. They usually include courses like Music(vocal and band), art. a hands on tech ed(shop class) and at least one other STEM class, Family and consumer science(kinda like home economics from the old days). The classes serve an an introduction to some options that a kid may not otherwise be exposed to. That is a good thing.

One thing this does is get some of the brighter kids to think about taking classes that prepare them for going into the trades. It's a lot harder to get a bright kids parents to believe going into a trade is sometimes a better option than college for the kid.
It also gives the kid a chance to see that he may have some talent in one of the fine arts.
Posted By: Walleyemike

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/15/19 11:38 PM

Tyranny of the majority!!!!!??? Tyranny of the minority through major media, public education.... indoctrination of the highest order. I spend a half hour truck ride home with my 13 and 12 year olds a lot of days hearing about what some bone head opinionated outspoken teacher said in class, typically a opinion that had nothing to do with that classes subject, and giving these two facts and common sense rebuttal. It’s a charter school and for the most part it blows the doors off our local public school but the last few years (after a republican got the whitehouse) the true colors have come out in a bold way. Just give kids the facts and true history... it shouldn’t be this tuff.

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/16/19 02:58 AM

grin
Posted By: Kart29

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/16/19 11:46 AM

Well that makes more sense then. A true democracy is "tyranny of the majority" and can be worse than the tyranny of a despotic dictator. We would definitely want to teach kids about the evils of the tyranny of the majority and explain to them why we are a constitutional, democratic republic and not a pure democracy. We need to teach them about how the constitution and bill of rights are meant to protect the basic human freedoms of the minority populations.

In this case, I would say that the last two sentences are examples of tyranny of the majority and the first three are not. The last two seem to indicate that the majority would vote to institute laws, regulations, or ordinances that would violate the basic civil rights of a minority population. That's the kind of crap that goes on in China.

Really, how far is the US from seeing Christian churches being taxed and regulated by a majority non-Christian population? I hope our kids learn that this is wrong before it is too late.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: HOMEWORK the kids get - 09/16/19 11:49 AM

Really, it seems like there may be some here who would have benefitted from learning the concept of "tyranny of the majority" while they were in school.

We conservative will not at all enjoy experiencing the tyranny of the majority once we are in the minority! It seems to be coming very soon.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums