Home

Need Lots of rain

Posted By: traphound

Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 02:12 PM

Rats need a lot of rain,days of it. Most swamps are drying up. been doing a lot of scouting,not looking very good.
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 02:26 PM

I would send some if I could. We have had 8.25" since Sunday. We will break our rainfall record mark sometime in September with three months left in the year.

Feast or famine I guess.

Brian
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 02:51 PM

Most we have ever had here since I got to SD it just keeps coming!
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 02:54 PM

Just had 4"-6" of rain the last couple of days.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 04:09 PM

6.5 inches here in the last week. Supposed to be more next week. Please take it!!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/14/19 05:04 PM

We are super dry here too. There are cracks in the ground, I could plant a fair size tree in. Many of the trees have lost most and in some cases all of their leaves. I got my very small, second cutting of hay, cut today. I hope it stays dry for 4 days and then starts raining, with some breaks, so I can put manure on my fields.

Keith
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 03:57 PM

We had over 5 inches last week. Take some of ours.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 04:27 PM

Dry as a church party here. I’ll try a field of beans this week.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 04:34 PM

Pretty dry up here and for the next week.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 05:53 PM

Soil is saturated and in most places too wet to do any real field type work. We were on average 5 weeks lat in our average spring planting date and are now 3 weeks behind in harvest or maturity. We have gained two weeks due to a hot July but still need dry weather to harvest and warmer than normal or more sun if we can get it to move the heat unit crops like corn along. The soybeans are just starting to turn. Some farmers don't have their oats off due to late planting, wet fields and now many are broken down and sprouting in the mud.

Bryce
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 05:53 PM

Soil is saturated and in most places too wet to do any real field type work. We were on average 5 weeks lat in our average spring planting date and are now 3 weeks behind in harvest or maturity. We have gained two weeks due to a hot July but still need dry weather to harvest and warmer than normal or more sun if we can get it to move the heat unit crops like corn along. The soybeans are just starting to turn. Some farmers don't have their oats off due to late planting, wet fields and now many are broken down and sprouting in the mud.

Bryce
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 06:27 PM

WAY too much rain lately here. All in big bunches in a short period of time.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 07:30 PM

Kinda dry here too. Traphound, you missed a good show at Newville.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 08:40 PM

I baled my hay today. I got 219 bales in the first cutting. On the same ground, I got 26 bales today, in the second cutting. Typically I get 120 some to 140 some bales in the second cutting and around 80 if I get a third cutting. I don't think I can get a third cutting this late in the year. We could really use some rain.

Keith
Posted By: traphound

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/16/19 10:42 PM

Jim,wanted to make newville but work keeps getting in the way. Only 1 more year to go
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/18/19 12:58 PM

the rats are flooded out here. i had a 5 gal bucket that filled up in the last week
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/18/19 01:10 PM

I heard only 10% of silage has been cut in our state. At this time last year over 60% had been cut. Everything is too wet from all the rain. I wish there was a way to re-direct it to some of you who need it.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/18/19 01:23 PM

It has rained 11 of the past 14 days here. Don't know how much that is in inches, but it just keeps coming.
Posted By: 2ndjoborfun

Re: Need Lots of rain - 09/18/19 09:16 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums