Home

Coolers

Posted By: story

Coolers - 09/14/19 03:31 PM

Am looking to buy a new cooler. My current one doesn't hold ice very long. Not interested in purchasing a Yetti . Remember reading a post on here a year or so ago about coolers but I do good to remember what I done last week let alone what I read a year ago. Any comments or ideals would be welcomed.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 03:47 PM

I really like my rtic cooler but even walmart has the same style coolers these days.

Rtic has been running a pretty good sale
Posted By: waggler

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 03:55 PM

^^^^^^
Ditto, Rtic coolers are a good value and work well.
Posted By: hillbillyjake

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 04:21 PM

Rtic
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 04:28 PM

Rtic!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 09:16 PM

Get a Marine grade cooler, they have extra insulation, thicker lids, and UV degrade inhibiters in the plastic. My Igloo 50 is claimed to hold ice for 5 days @ 90 degrees and it does.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 09:56 PM

Coleman Marine Extreme
Posted By: warrior

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 09:59 PM

The Walmart Ozark Trail is a solid deal. I'm pleased with mine.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 10:22 PM

Get a 70’s vintage Coleman....on ebay
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 10:27 PM

The Rtics are nice, after comparing them side by side to a Pelican cooler on a float trip in 100 degree misery, I went with the pelican. It has a commercial grade freezer seal and has really impressed me with ice retention when compared to the POS red Walmart specials that I have always had, a fish measuring scale on top, 4 molded cup holders in the top, a built in bottle opener, made in the USA and a lifetime warranty. I also preferred the pelican style latches compared to the Rtic rubber t-handle latches. Also you can secure it to a truck bed with a cable lock and still be able to open it to grab a cold one.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Coolers - 09/14/19 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Coleman Marine Extreme

I've had mine for about ten years. They're affordable, durable and in head to head tests hold ice as well as coolers costing twice as much or more. And they are not anti 2A like Yeti.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coolers - 09/15/19 01:19 AM

Yeti isn't anti 2A. I don't own one, but should buy one just to protest the NRA being a drama queen over nothing. Not kissing the butt of the NRA does not make a company Anti 2A.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Coolers - 09/15/19 01:27 AM

Just got a 77 quart Lifetime for hunting trips last evening. My 28 quart Lifetime has been good for a work cooler all summer. Not inexpensive but built well and keeps stuff cold.

Re: Coolers - 09/15/19 01:34 AM

Yeti discontinued it's discount program with the NRA when it became politically-correct to do so and to appease the left in the wake of the Parkland, Fla., shooting at Marjory Douglas High School. When the backlash was more than they expected Yeti tried to back-peddle and say it was all a mistake.

Posted By: DWC

Re: Coolers - 09/15/19 04:35 AM

I was gifted a small Yeti that sells for 200. Not impressed with its ability to keep ice for what that thing costs. Stick with the knockoffs- they cant be any worse.
Posted By: story

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. going to read some reviews on each one and try not to break the bank or make the better half too mad. Everyone have a great day and stay safe.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Yeti discontinued it's discount program with the NRA when it became politically-correct to do so and to appease the left in the wake of the Parkland, Fla., shooting at Marjory Douglas High School. When the backlash was more than they expected Yeti tried to back-peddle and say it was all a mistake.

Actually they quit the discount program when it ran its course and no longer made business sense for them to do so! If Yeti was back peddling and said it was all a mistake then why didn't they
put the discount program back on with the NRA? Because it doesn't fit your take and narrative on it. Some people get things in their heads and make stuff up!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 09:02 PM

Cabelas Polar Cap cooler.Got back from camp and 8 days later still retaining ice.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 09:09 PM

Coleman extreme 50 dollars for a 70 quart and in an independent test held ice same as Yeti
Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 09:27 PM

We run grizzly, that sits on top of our 2800 gallons of tack at 180 degrees on our spray paver at work... between the temp of our oil tank and the 290 degree material that runs through our paver.. the grizzly has worked well... only problem is that the lid likes to vacuum to the cooler so tight that you got to pry it open with something... probably because it’s hot

Re: Coolers - 09/16/19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Actually they quit the discount program when it ran its course and no longer made business sense for them to do so! If Yeti was back peddling and said it was all a mistake then why didn't they
put the discount program back on with the NRA? Because it doesn't fit your take and narrative on it. Some people get things in their heads and make stuff up!

I choose to believe the NRA's version of events. You are free to believe Yeti's version.
Posted By: jk

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 12:26 AM

Take an old blanket, wool shirt thick rug and place over the ice to decfrease the air flow around your ice. Makes any cooler better......jk
Posted By: 160user

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 12:29 AM

I got a “cold bass turd” brand. Sorry Paul, not try to break the rules but that is he brand. I LOVE it. Far lighter than a yheti and about 1/2 the cost. Extremely well built and holds ice incredibly.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 01:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OfTrpg3ZZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQhpwtqERgE
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 01:07 PM

Coleman marine extreme. Works great

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Coleman extreme 50 dollars for a 70 quart and in an independent test held ice same as Yeti

That’s the one I got. I’ve seen the test where they put it up against yeti and some other high-end coolers. I was very pleased to see that it held ice as well as coolers costing two and three times as much.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 02:52 PM

i got a orca that i use for lunch box it gets beat around in back of truck.. had it cpl years so far so good...got a 120 qt pelican at pawn shop for 100 bucks but dont use it much
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Coolers - 09/17/19 03:01 PM

I also have a lifetime cooler from Wal-Mart it's not to bad I add a closed cell piece of foam over the contents to help keep things cold. If I have to store it outside in direct sunlight I first lay out a trap then a packing blanket then the cooler wrapping it up and it's really does well then. It will help normal coolers also in a pinch.

Allan
© 2024 Trapperman Forums