Home

Saudi Oil Refinery attacked

Posted By: Green Bay

Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/14/19 10:19 PM

Sounds like 5% of the world supply will be cut. I'm sure prices will go up already tomorrow.

Brian
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/14/19 10:22 PM

How convenient lol.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/14/19 10:54 PM

Drones, now any nation can bomb any other nation. You don't need missiles, rockets or nukes. With the modern warfare progressing more and more to terrorist type small actions and now major front etc. these types of attacks will become much more common and there are a whole host of groups wanting to take credit for these as well. We just never seem to grasp how much animosity and hatred many groups have against each other and how willing they are to kill and die for their beliefs. Here we use our politics to manipulate our divisions and then we can complain about each other as a way to garner funds to increase our manipulation.

Bryce
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/14/19 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Green Bay
Sounds like 5% of the world supply will be cut. I'm sure prices will go up already tomorrow.

Brian

I read the Saudis are saying it won't greatly effect their oil output. But you're right.....someone sneezes the wring way over there and prices increase 20%
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/14/19 11:29 PM

I hope in response, someone goes in and takes out Iran's production...that would hit them hsrd
Posted By: Finster

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 12:31 AM

I hope they all wipe each other out. The world would be a better place.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 12:41 AM

Gas is gonna get a little spendy.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 01:37 AM

A few hundred drones with dirty bombs launched all at once could wreak a lot of havoc.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 01:44 AM

I thought we were energy sufficient, why would this bother us?
Posted By: white17

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 01:59 AM

Saudis said they will be back to normal by Monday morning
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:01 AM

I doubt it will change anything more than a couple cents. Then again, I own more than 5,000 shares of oil/gas stocks, so I might be OK with a lil uptick.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
I hope they all wipe each other out. The world would be a better place.

YUP!

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:02 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one !! Prayers sent if you've owned them long term

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:12 AM

I've owned BP for 5 years or so. Great dividend and stock price has been pretty steady. Also own Valero, bought a few years ago, should have, maybe, sold last year. Not a great dividend. Bought at a bit over $80, went up to about $100, now around $80. Could have done better elsewhere, but I haven't lost anything.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:18 AM

Well that's a good thing. Valero has had a rough few months. I gave up on oil investing a couple years ago. The world is just awash in oil at the moment. I just don't see the catalyst for it to come back...........other than a major war

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Well that's a good thing. Valero has had a rough few months. I gave up on oil investing a couple years ago. The world is just awash in oil at the moment. I just don't see the catalyst for it to come back...........other than a major war

This, certainly, isn't my life savings. More of a "holy crap, did that really happen" portfolio. It's almost as volotile as an internet stock, anymore.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:26 AM

I'd be looking for somewhere else to park those dollars I believe ))
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:33 AM

Well if it is straight math then 5% reduction in total supply would take our current $2.50 per gallon to about $2.63, but then with many things it is seldom straight math with all he emotion, politics etc. that come into play.

Bryce

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by white17
I'd be looking for somewhere else to park those dollars I believe ))

I like a little diversification, even if it seems, totally, wrong today.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 03:00 AM

I hear ya !
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 07:07 AM

It will be interesting to see if news puts springs on the longs feet. Wed. oil had good volume with 4,130 contracts being liquidated and Thurs had good volume and 15,852 contracts added. A theory is when you have good vol. and an increase in contracts as in crude Thurs. then it means the shorts enjoyed a short ride and not only took profits but also reversed their positions, in other words if a guy was short 20 contracts he would buy 40. That gives him more power than just buying back his shorts and keeps up the total even on good vol. And Fri they added close to 22,700 contracts according to the preliminary report on much lower vol. It will be interesting to see if someone has built themselves a spring board.
My understanding is all just theory, but just to be on the safe side maybe Coonman needs to fill that mower completely up, lol. Whatever happens as always 50% of the market is on the losing side, short term anyway.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
I've owned BP for 5 years or so. Great dividend and stock price has been pretty steady. Also own Valero, bought a few years ago, should have, maybe, sold last year. Not a great dividend. Bought at a bit over $80, went up to about $100, now around $80. Could have done better elsewhere, but I haven't lost anything.

I bought VLO back in June after the refinery fire here. It's up 4.7% since and pays nearly over 4% dividend. It's they only oil comp I own now and I hang on to it for a little while longer.

I hope we don't use this as an excuse to go into Iran.... Why is it that we don't believe the Yemen rebels when they claim responsibility for this?-NOT trying to start a big political argument here.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 01:44 PM

I heard on the news that oil prices actually went down after the attack.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 02:04 PM

Local news said to expect 10-25cent increase in next week or so.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 04:38 PM

Up .20 here now.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 04:41 PM

Cause the Yemeni Hooti rebels are an Iran proxy.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
Originally Posted by trapperkeck

I bought VLO back in June after the refinery fire here. It's up 4.7% since and pays nearly over 4% dividend. It's they only oil comp I own now and I hang on to it for a little while longer.

I hope we don't use this as an excuse to go into Iran.... Why is it that we don't believe the Yemen rebels when they claim responsibility for this?-[b]NOT trying to start a big political argument here.

[/b]

I think it's possible that the Houthis actually did the act but it's pretty clear that they are Iran's proxy. Iran has every reason, both political and economic to damage Saudi. The problem is a tough one. No response will lead to more attacks and a strong response will drive oil prices up.

Personally I think this is Iran's last desperate attempt to get the sanctions lifted......very much like the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. Let's hope not.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 10:25 PM

Looks like they got springs on their feet, now something to look at is whether since its a power up gap if it will ever retrace.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/15/19 10:36 PM

CRUDE SPIKES SO GOOD OL "TRUMP" releases strategic oil reserves. Guess which way gas prices r gonna go now u libtards!!!!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 01:44 AM

Apparently we are locked and loaded.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 02:50 AM

For every $1.00 increase in the price of a barrel of Crude Oil, is it 5 Cents ; or 10 Cents increase in the price at the pump ?

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 12:28 PM

OUR presidents words:
Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked. There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!

Ain't this great?

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 12:59 PM

They're having hard time keeping above $60/bbl right now!!!

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 01:01 PM

Make sure Saudi's didn't do it themselves to try to boost prices???

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 08:47 PM

How much have prices gone up around the country today?
Posted By: K52

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 09:27 PM

Same price as last week here.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 09:41 PM

Did thy not see any comeing in?They must have zero defense system.

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/16/19 11:25 PM

Inside job to raise prices is my guess.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/17/19 12:27 AM

An eye for an eye.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/17/19 12:39 AM

Saw where Iran's oil sales have dropped to a third of what they were last year because of the sanctions. So I am sure they want to strike out at the US but my question is we have sold the Saudis the latest in weapons and fighter jets so why don't they take care of business? Why can't we just stand by and let them go?
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Saudi Oil Refinery attacked - 09/17/19 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Saw where Iran's oil sales have dropped to a third of what they were last year because of the sanctions. So I am sure they want to strike out at the US but my question is we have sold the Saudis the latest in weapons and fighter jets so why don't they take care of business? Why can't we just stand by and let them go?

Exactly, let them handle it themselves. If they were actually attacked. Kinda sounds like it was planned. U,S should try and stay out if all possible. Sarge
© 2024 Trapperman Forums