Home

Prayers needed

Posted By: warrior

Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:01 PM

I'm not one to air dirty laundry but I'm at my wits end.

The wife has been struggling with alcohol this summer. Not sure why after twenty years of no problem all of a sudden she's gone full blown with the hiding, lying and dangerous behavior.

I got a call from my daughter just as church let out. Seems her mother decided to get drunk at work and drive off during the middle of her shift. Not the first time drunk at work, either.

She's been found and on her way home. I'll go get the car later.

The next few days we got choices to make. Brenda either enters treatment of her own free will or I will have to have her committed for her own good. But that's only a 72 hour hold.

A couple weeks ago I and my youngest girl (11) left and stayed the weekend with one of my grown daughters. That seemed to shock the wife into getting serious with AA but now this.

Somethings broken and I can't fix it.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:12 PM

Warrior I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for sure.
Something caused her to go into depression. Don't say it here but think if there's something tragic that recently happened or a bad memory came back. It won't be an easy road to recovery but you guys can overcome this. Notice I used "guys", I used it because everyone in the family will be involved in her recovery.
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:15 PM

Prayers sent for you and family.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:25 PM

You got 'em Dave.

No reason anyone should hang their head. Alcoholism is a problem, but it's a solvable problem if one chooses to solve it.

Mike
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:36 PM

Prayers for Brenda, you and all of your family. Hopefully everyone gets involved, showing that they all love and care for her.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 05:37 PM

Prayers from Va...

Donnie
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 06:10 PM

prayers sent and will continue to be sent. Grew up in a home like that but I can say it all worked out. God and patience were the key.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 06:17 PM

Prayers sent. Sounds like you are trying to help,but the key is she has got to want to quit.It is more than GREAT that she has a FAMILY that cares, Praying for the best for your Wife and FAMILY
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 06:19 PM

Sorry to hear this Warrior. You and Brenda; as well as the rest of your family are on our prayer list. Living with addiction is terrible. Your family's love for her and Christ will no doubt fix this.

Numbers 6:24-26....

' "The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace." '
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 06:56 PM

Will do
Posted By: rex123

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 07:39 PM

It is one of the hardest things to beat. But until she wants to quit all you can do is be there and try to help her through this. God bless.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 07:55 PM

Tough nut to crack warrior. I think all things gone wrong, has a starting point. I would try and back track to that if you can and work your way forward. My best to you and your family. I will pray for you all.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 10:13 PM

prayers sent
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 10:52 PM

Praying for you and your family warrior.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:03 PM

Praying for all involved. Best of luck for this trying time.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:21 PM

Prayers sent. Hang in there.

Charlie
Posted By: cpizzicharlie

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:26 PM

Prayers from here in southeast Pa.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:28 PM

Prayers said
Posted By: Finster

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:35 PM

Prayers sent. Get her into detox and maybe you'll have a chance to reason with her when she is sober.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Prayers needed - 09/15/19 11:39 PM

Prayers sent.

And a tip having grown up with parents who were alcoholics, You cannot black mail her into treatment, or threaten her, she may attend to appease you or show improvement for a period of time, however it will never last until SHE decides she wants to be helped.

Good Luck !
Posted By: Garryowen

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 01:20 AM

Prayers sent.

Garryowen
Posted By: SwampFox

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 02:03 AM

Prayers sent that she will want the help she needs. God bless, Swampfox
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 03:21 AM

Warrior
Sending prayers from the OBX to you and your family.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 04:07 AM

Warrior, I don't know you other than reading your posts, but from that I have the utmost respect for you. What I pray and earnestly hope is that your wife also has enough respect for you and family to slap herself in the cheek hard and realize she's putting everything in jeopardy.

I think people generally don't change behavior until they get a strong wake up call. Wishing you and your wife the best.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 04:11 AM

God Bless.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 10:57 AM

Prayer for you and her.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 11:01 AM

Prayers on the way
Posted By: charles

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 03:51 PM

You have my prayers also. My dad was an alcoholic as long as I knew him. That bottle come first in every decision. It is an illness with no logic. Just remember your is sick, she is not trying to harm the family.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 04:43 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: sotired

Re: Prayers needed - 09/16/19 06:04 PM

Praying that she comes to realize what she is about to lose, and makes the commitment to save it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums