Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/15/19 09:01 PM

OMG that was good!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/15/19 09:03 PM

Sure looks good!
Posted By: pappy t

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/15/19 10:42 PM

I've done pizza on the smoker. That's about the only way the wife likes it now. Smoked or grilled is awesome!
Posted By: Walleyemike

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/15/19 10:44 PM

Any particular wood ya prefer?? Looks tasty!!

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/15/19 10:50 PM

I use apple or mesquite in the grill. Just toss a couple chunks of wet wood in my custom made wood chip tray when I put the pizza on.
Posted By: squacks

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 12:04 AM

I strip the outer bark of a shagbark hickory and break into small pieces. This does not hurt the tree at all. I add a little in the charcoal grill to make a little smoke when cooking.
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 12:46 AM

We buy chef boy RD pizza mix put it in a ceramic pizza dish then on the grill. Um um good!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 12:49 AM

Cheese needs to be done a bit more but....
Yep, been doing pies on the grill for years. I use a piece of oak.
Looks good.

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 01:10 AM

I made everything from scratch. I used the recipe below for the crust (will make 3 crusts). I make three thin 12" crusts ahead of time and freeze them. I found it necessary to poke holes in the crust prior to baking or they tend to warp. My pizza sauce is just a 15 oz can of Hunts tomato sauce, 1 can of tomato paste, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1 TBSP Italian seasoning, 1 tsp dried basil and a pinch of sugar. I do not use any salt because any meat toppings and cheese will have all the salt you need.
[Linked Image]

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 01:15 AM

I also sprinkle dough with corn meal when I roll it out. It makes a tasty crust and keeps the dough from sticking to the rolling pin and the pizza stone when baking the final product. My recipe above has a second page. The final two steps are to roll out the dough, place in a greased pizza pan or baking sheet and bake 4-5 minutes at 450. Remove from oven and allow to cool before making pizza or freezing.

You want your stone to preheat on the grill for 45-60 minutes. Get it hot, like 500 degrees. Once you put your pizza together, bake for about 9 minutes on the stone/grill. If you do a second pizza, it will take a couple minutes longer because of the heat loss from cooking the first pizza.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 01:32 AM

I’ve been watching what I eat for a week and a half. Your killing me. I’m going to ask Paul for a ban on food threads. Lol looks great
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 03:42 PM

^
Posted By: run

Re: Grilled Pizza! - 09/16/19 04:55 PM

Thanks, trapper Keck for the food thread.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums