Home

New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion

Posted By: Finster

New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 12:09 AM

Posted By: 52Carl

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 12:32 AM

Gun registration? Who puts up with letting that happen, even at the State level ?!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 04:59 PM

Not only does registration NOT prevent crime, it CREATES the crime of NON-REGISTRATION.
Posted By: rex123

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 08:20 PM

So you know longer have the right to defend your life or property. this whole thing is just sad. I would think considering what went on they would just let it go.
Posted By: James

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 08:36 PM

Let's hope a jury won't convict.

If this wasn't a good case for jury nullification, there is no such thing.

It may depend on which district of NY the case is brought.

Jim
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Not only does registration NOT prevent crime, it CREATES the crime of NON-REGISTRATION.

X2
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 08:43 PM

I’m glad the man was able to protect himself. But if your state says you must register your guns, then register your guns.
I don’t think he was being charged for murder. He’s being charged a felony for having an unregistered gun. If he registered it, he would still have the gun legally and would still have it to protect himself.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob

Anyone here ever consider that this by design is the whole point?
Posted By: white17

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 09:00 PM

"“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged
Posted By: Owen

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 09:27 PM

True, but I bet the jury never knows they have the right to overturn this law.
Posted By: Squash

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 09:43 PM

I live not far from where this took place. This is old news, all charges were dropped. In NY you have to register your handguns, not long guns.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New York Man Charged After Shooting Home Invasion - 09/16/19 10:04 PM

A jury can not overturn a law. They can only turn loose somebody guilty of an unjust law. Like gun registration. When those registration laws first passed every gun owner in the state of NY should have went to Albany, armed, and said NO
© 2024 Trapperman Forums