Home

The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End

Posted By: Trapper7

The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 06:56 PM

On Sept. 16, 2013, the Washington DC Navy Yard was under attack by a shooter. 12 people were killed. Jennifer Bennett was shot point blank with a shotgun and was the only survivor of those who were shot. This is a condensed version of a discussion she had about ending mass shootings.

What causes mass shootings? Many are talking about the gun, the size of the magazine, and background checks. Although mass shootings by definition require a gun, it's not the gun's fault. It never has been and never will be. It's the culture America has created that allows mass shootings.

Americans have always had access to firearms. In the 1960s we still had guns, but we didn't have the culture of mass shootings that we have today. If we want to end mass shooting, we must change the culture that facilitates mass shootings.

American culture was founded on Christian principles that are literally enshrined in our founding documents. Today, our culture has eliminated any reference of Christianity. In some cases, personal religious beliefs actually land the faithful afoul of the law. The last few decades have witnessed an increased hostility toward Christians. When government can punish an individual for not baking a cake, or selling flowers, then the culture has shifted away from religious freedom to something else.

Our culture no longer allows our children to fail, or to face the consequences of their actions. Today, if a child doesn't pass a class, it's the teacher's fault. Everyone who tries out for the cheerleading squad makes it, and at the end of the season, everyone gets a trophy.

So, when that child grows into adulthood having never failed at anything, it no wonder life's ordinary challenges can turn huge events that these adults are simply not prepared to handle. And when there's no God to answer to and no value for human life, it's not too implausible to think this adult just might go out and buy a gun to punish the person (s) who made him fail.

When our children grow up in a culture that rewards hard work, achievement and excellence, then mass shootings will end. And when our culture again embraces a higher authority, then mass shootings will end.
Posted By: 160user

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 07:00 PM

AMEN!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 07:24 PM

Its about right. Alas we are way past the point of no return.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

I'm afraid so too.
frown
Posted By: greenetrapper

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 08:03 PM

That was the most intelligent thing I have heard about that subject in a long time .
Posted By: tlguy

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 08:36 PM

I think social media and the attention the shooters get are a big part of that cultural change in the last 10-15 years. Some of the shootings are certainly a cry for attention, and they know they will get it. But there's no way the media will stop reporting them, because they get clicks and help advance their liberal agenda.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:00 PM

I don't go for it, but it's as good an excuse as anything ! People grew up with guns for years and not religion and still did not go out and mass kill.

There's a mental problem that allows people to bring less value to life and a quicker end to it without thought. I'd like to believe that religion might be able to stave this off, however I can't wrap my head around something that has for even longer caused much more senseless loss of life, before guns were even thought of !
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:17 PM

“Sometimes the only proof of God you can show someone is that you haven’t killed them yet.”
Posted By: James

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:29 PM

What a simple solution: change the culture.

How realistic is that approach?

Jim

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:33 PM

Use to be automatic through assimilation. How long has it taken to become separated?

Going to take at least twice that long to get back.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

Progressive morality began in the 1960's. Mass shootings became more common in the 1990's. Now in 2019 we have what we have now. So if we begin now,and the timeline is similar, by 2050 things should start to normalize which would be good for our children and grandchildren.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Use to be automatic through assimilation. How long has it taken to become separated?

As a Christian Hobbie, you know that change for the individual can be instant.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

As a Christian Hobbie, you know that change for the individual can be instant.

smile
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 10:39 PM

Agree. It is only going to get worse as the Progressives continue to take over our country. We are imploding and people especially the liberal left don’t see it until the country eventually collapses under their control.
Posted By: Finster

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
On Sept. 16, 2013, the Washington DC Navy Yard was under attack by a shooter. 12 people were killed. Jennifer Bennett was shot point blank with a shotgun and was the only survivor of those who were shot. This is a condensed version of a discussion she had about ending mass shootings.

What causes mass shootings? Many are talking about the gun, the size of the magazine, and background checks. Although mass shootings by definition require a gun, it's not the gun's fault. It never has been and never will be. It's the culture America has created that allows mass shootings.

Americans have always had access to firearms. In the 1960s we still had guns, but we didn't have the culture of mass shootings that we have today. If we want to end mass shooting, we must change the culture that facilitates mass shootings.

American culture was founded on Christian principles that are literally enshrined in our founding documents. Today, our culture has eliminated any reference of Christianity. In some cases, personal religious beliefs actually land the faithful afoul of the law. The last few decades have witnessed an increased hostility toward Christians. When government can punish an individual for not baking a cake, or selling flowers, then the culture has shifted away from religious freedom to something else.

Our culture no longer allows our children to fail, or to face the consequences of their actions. Today, if a child doesn't pass a class, it's the teacher's fault. Everyone who tries out for the cheerleading squad makes it, and at the end of the season, everyone gets a trophy.

So, when that child grows into adulthood having never failed at anything, it no wonder life's ordinary challenges can turn huge events that these adults are simply not prepared to handle. And when there's no God to answer to and no value for human life, it's not too implausible to think this adult just might go out and buy a gun to punish the person (s) who made him fail.

When our children grow up in a culture that rewards hard work, achievement and excellence, then mass shootings will end. And when our culture again embraces a higher authority, then mass shootings will end.

Been saying the same thing for years.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/17/19 11:07 PM

Jim
It must be realistic, it seems to have happened. A lot of kids in my class took guns to school, to go hunting afterwards. Nobody though of shooting the place up, that wasn't the culture at the time.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 01:47 AM

Here is the only way out that I can see for the future, and how real change will come about.
In my opinion, before too long, jihadists will be the new "mass shooters". They are already in place waiting for their orders. They now have Congressional representation!
Once they attack, the Sleeping Tiger will be awoken. All of us civil and polite citizens who care about this Representative Republic will be there to quash it were it stands.
I am never far from a handgun or a shotgun, but I can't help but think that maybe I should make myself closer to my AR. THAT'S why we need high capacity arms.
If the citizenry is aptly armed and everyone is aware of that fact, then the current crazy, cowardly safe zone assassins will have nowhere to pull off their sick plans.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 02:27 AM

The only thing that will stop shootings is the victims shooting back. You can try to pray it away all you like but it hasnt stopped anything yet. My plan is to be armed at all possible times and try my best to stay away from gun free zones. But until everyone else starts carrying these things will just continue.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 03:25 AM

“Sometimes the only proof of God you can show someone is that you haven’t killed them yet.”

Interesting perspective. Who are you quoting?
Posted By: Saskayote

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 04:41 AM

I don’t disagree at all with the opening thread, I think it is bang on, but how do you explain the lack of mass shootings in other countries, countries like Canada, which is far, far, far less openly Christian than the USA? We too were built on Christian principles, by Christians and yet mass shootings are rare as a 100 dollar South Carolina coyote.

Population alone? Higher ratio of nuts? We should be having mass shootings galore based on our extreme hatred of anything Christian and our liberal laws regarding morality.

Same for France, Germany, etc., and other places that have forgotten, nay, pushed out God?
Posted By: James

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 04:52 AM

Then there is Japan, which has almost no Christian tradition at all.

Jim

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Saskayote
I don’t disagree at all with the opening thread, I think it is bang on, but how do you explain the lack of mass shootings in other countries, countries like Canada, which is far, far, far less openly Christian than the USA? We too were built on Christian principles, by Christians and yet mass shootings are rare as a 100 dollar South Carolina coyote.

Population alone? Higher ratio of nuts? We should be having mass shootings galore based on our extreme hatred of anything Christian and our liberal laws regarding morality.

Same for France, Germany, etc., and other places that have forgotten, nay, pushed out God?

Jim

How many Christians are required to be in a nation for God to bless it?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 09:13 AM

superstition has no bearing on this problem. focusing on fairy tales doesn't solve problems.

kids took guns to school when I was a kid too. we had just as many nut cases then. nut cases knew people would fight back if they did something horrible.

it wasn't a crime for a kid being bullied to waylay the bully and put a stop to it. kids today are taught by the school administrators to be victims.

I would get fired if I was a deputy. its hard for me to believe they have found people to write kids a ticket for tobacco and arrest them for fighting.

what kind of principal kicks a kid out of school for showing up with the pocket knife he skins coons with?

superstition has NOTHING to do with the frustration kids are dealing with at school.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 09:13 AM

Jim

True but it still has a religious foundation that promotes a set of moral beliefs and proper behavior associated with it, and if you have ever been there during a religious holiday and seen the number of people that crowd into the shrines and temples you would know that even though they might profess to be Unreligious there is a heavy exposure to the principles and beliefs it provides

And then again it is a completely different culture being one that promotes collective and not a individual beliefs

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Saskayote

I believe it to be population. Canada has 54 cities with a population of 100,000 or more, while the U.S. has 349. The majority of what are considered mass shootings are gang related. Since gangs are most common in urban centers, it leads me to this conclusion.
As for Christianity, if it's principles were followed by all (thou shall not murder), there would be no mass shootings. As population centers grow and religious principles are swept away, it will only lead to more carnage. IMO.
Posted By: EdP

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 11:56 AM

Possum Man said
The only thing that will stop shootings is the victims shooting back. You can try to pray it away all you like but it hasnt stopped anything yet. My plan is to be armed at all possible times and try my best to stay away from gun free zones. But until everyone else starts carrying these things will just continue.

I agree with that even though the shooter in Dayton Ohio shot 17 killing 9 before being killed himself by police a mere 32 seconds after the first shot was fired. Shooters are sociopaths or psychopaths and have no sense of value for the lives of others. We have to create a situation where what they do value is threatened in the event they attempt to harm others. I think the others being armed and capable of shooting back goes a long way towards that goal.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 02:55 PM

It is a complicated thing that some dope like me can not wrap his mind around at all. One thing is the coddling we do to all the so-called victims out there. My Bride is watching NBC right this moment, and they just, moments ago, had on a segment about the proper way of "counseling" today's children to deal with their feelings concerning Climate Change! I absolutely sh** you not!

We are all doomed.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:03 PM

If you are trying to guage the influence of Christianity based solely off the # of mass shootings in a country your not looking at the big picture. As a country we started to move away from God and a lot of negative things started to increase. We are starting to make things that are bad legal and things that are good illegal. I'm pretty simple but I can see the connection. Some people have chosen not to see the connection because of personal reasons but the connection is still there. Hard to compare this country to other countries because I dont believe there's another country that's founded on individual freedoms such as this country. I believe some of our founders warned that when we lose are moral way we will not be able to keep our freedoms.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:07 PM

satan doesn’t need to work as hard in 3rd world countries, they’re already circling the bowl. lol

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:08 PM

Jim

It is realistic since the culture changed from what it used to be in my day.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:23 PM

satan doesn’t need to work as hard in 3rd world countries, they’re already circling the bowl. lol

A lot of truth there

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
If you are trying to guage the influence of Christianity based solely off the # of mass shootings in a country your not looking at the big picture. As a country we started to move away from God and a lot of negative things started to increase. We are starting to make things that are bad legal and things that are good illegal. I'm pretty simple but I can see the connection. Some people have chosen not to see the connection because of personal reasons but the connection is still there. Hard to compare this country to other countries because I dont believe there's another country that's founded on individual freedoms such as this country. I believe some of our founders warned that when we lose are moral way we will not be able to keep our freedoms.

I believe your last sentence is right on, brother.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:29 PM

It has taken us many years to get to this point, it will take many more years to get this country turned around if it is possible. JMO
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:39 PM

Jim

True. But personal accountability is almost a religion unto itself over there.

Mike

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
Possum Man said

I agree with that even though the shooter in Dayton Ohio shot 17 killing 9 before being killed himself by police a mere 32 seconds after the first shot was fired. Shooters are sociopaths or psychopaths and have no sense of value for the lives of others. We have to create a situation where what they do value is threatened in the event they attempt to harm others. I think the others being armed and capable of shooting back goes a long way towards that goal.

The key thing there being THE POLICE killed him. They were very lucky the police were so close by. The videos i saw of it were all the people running scared away from the idiot shooting people. Now think if just HALF the crowd that got fired on immediately drew and returned fire within say 3 seconds that would have changed the outcome of that scenario drastically.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 07:24 PM

Why dont we simplify this and just say the concept of heaven and (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) .the concept of eternal damnation has been a part of most all religions.and all religions are under attack by an increasingly secular society . I think it is a contributing factor but not the root . There have always been athiest and there have semi automatic guns for many decades. Very few of USA's mass killings are Jihadists.

I think it has more to do with the fact these people can socialize with other people that think it would be cool to kill a bunch of pepole in neer anonymity .then they can practice shooting people as many hours a day as they can stay awake.The games even train them how to use these weapons and select which guns work best in which situations . Which body armor would work best for the return fire they might encounter .These games can be highly technical training programs for mass shootings . I find it hard to beleive that most of these guys could go from a no shooting background to deciding on a weapon and accuiring a weapon learning how to use it , picking out their tactical gear learning how to use it without sombody saying hay this guys up to no good maybe i should call the authorities. If you know exactly what you want when you go to buy a weapon nobodies going to question you.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 07:27 PM

Many of these people arnt the bullied type outcast they are the bullying type outcast

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 07:39 PM

How come none of us that used to shoot each other with BB guns or choke each other out haven’t participated in a mass shooting or doesn’t that qualify because it wasn’t on a television screen?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 07:57 PM

Jim

Are you advocating for Japanese gun laws?
Posted By: Marty

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 08:21 PM

Japans non Christian history was very evident in the brutality they used until we nuked them into submission.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 08:30 PM

There would be less child drownings if we did away with swimming pools but we accept the risk for the enjoyment they bring. Personally I will accept the risk of gun violence for the ability to defend my rights and freedoms.
Posted By: EdP

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 08:57 PM

Possumman, we are in agreement.

In researching the Dayton shooting I noted that 2 of the 17 that were shot by the gunman were shot a 2nd time by the police. The Wikipedia article did not say if any of those shot by police were among the 9 killed. In a mob scene of the sort that occurred outside the Ned Peppers bar in Dayton even trained LE cannot avoid causing collateral damage. Armed civilians with less training would have a more difficult time and could be at risk of legal action. I personally would take that chance and hope that others would also.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 09:38 PM

If more children would hunt, as they did in the past, there would be very few mass shootings. Video games do not give you the "real" knowledge of the finality of death as hunting does.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 09:59 PM

I also believe that if that mass majority of people carried and everyone KNEW it, then these mass shootings would stop immediately also. None of these mas shooters were looking for a fight, they were looking for victims.

I know lots of people that support the second, but i know VERY few that always carry. Of course we do feel a bit safer down here in nowhere Alabama.

Remember it only counts if its LOADED AND ON YOU!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 11:07 PM

[Linked Image]

I usually carry a bow when I'm in Alabama to protect my virginity.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 11:34 PM

Well dont be a tresspassing there Dirt and we wont have to eat you....lol!

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/18/19 11:38 PM

But for the record that movie takes place in north georgia. South alabama we just eat yankees, Thats the rumor im starting anyway so they wont move in next door. One of my neighbors is already an escapee from PA. He is good people though.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 12:38 AM

Atheists don't require a mythological being in order to know right from wrong, but religion can cause good (but gullible) people to do bad things.

Carry all the weapons you want, if a man is spraying a concert from 400 yards and 32 floors up it ain't gonna help.
Posted By: K9man

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 01:26 AM

Na, it’s a fad, eventually these types of people will move on to something else
Posted By: Mark K

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 02:24 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
But for the record that movie takes place in north georgia. South alabama we just eat yankees, Thats the rumor im starting anyway so they wont move in next door. One of my neighbors is already an escapee from PA. He is good people though.

He's still weird though, I'll bet.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by The Possum Man

He's still weird though, I'll bet.

haha yeah he has some quirks.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by CGilliam
Atheists don't require a mythological being in order to know right from wrong, but religion can cause good (but gullible) people to do bad things.

Carry all the weapons you want, if a man is spraying a concert from 400 yards and 32 floors up it ain't gonna help.

Of course they don’t, it’s written on everybody’s heart. lol

As for the hotel coward, certainly carriers in the rooms around the shooter could have made a difference.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 11:21 AM

Poor parenting, kids raising themselves by what they learn on the internet, asking the schools to feed their kids, constantly asking schools to do more of what parents will not do, blaming the schools when their kids grows up to be amoral, getting kids labeled to excuse their misbehavior and slothfulness.
And parents who do raise good, productive citizens will watch the offspring of these deadbeat parents become leeches that suck blood from their kids labors. In addition to worrying about the wacky kid getting his hands on a semi-auto and a couple 100 round magazines.

Look no further than the breakdown of the American family. Baby-mammas and baby-daddies are a blight on this country.

Re: The Only Way Mass Shootings Will End - 09/19/19 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
Poor parenting, kids raising themselves by what they learn on the internet, asking the schools to feed their kids, constantly asking schools to do more of what parents will not do, blaming the schools when their kids grows up to be amoral, getting kids labeled to excuse their misbehavior and slothfulness.
And parents who do raise good, productive citizens will watch the offspring of these deadbeat parents become leeches that suck blood from their kids labors. In addition to worrying about the wacky kid getting his hands on a semi-auto and a couple 100 round magazines.

Look no further than the breakdown of the American family. Baby-mammas and baby-daddies are a blight on this country.

shocked ........... laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums