Home

Poll: carry guns in public?

Posted By: arcman

Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/17/19 11:17 PM

www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/17/19 11:20 PM

93% say yes, so they will probably close it soon, or delete it
Posted By: imissed

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/17/19 11:30 PM

I voted YES!
Posted By: Finster

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/17/19 11:32 PM

LMAO! No way MSNBC will report on this one!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/17/19 11:39 PM

Voted.

According to the poll results; 553,000 (93%) of respondents voted: Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it.
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 12:22 AM

Have done so for 52 yrs here in NYS , Tut
Posted By: white17

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:03 AM

The page won't load !! Gee !! I wonder why ??
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:08 AM

Did for me, and I voted, for what it's worth.
Posted By: Jim H

Loaded for me. Still 93%!
Posted By: Sharon

Originally Posted by white17
The page won't load !! Gee !! I wonder why ??

Try it again....I just did and it worked.

Still at 93% voted yes on the 2nd .
Posted By: white17

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:16 AM

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:21 AM

Sorry I do not vote in any on line polls or votes, just do not really know who is on the other end and maybe used for something not intended. JMO
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Sorry I do not vote in any on line polls or votes, just do not really know who is on the other end and maybe used for something not intended. JMO

do you use facebook, google, youtube or pretty much any other website than this one or have a cellphone or a tv with a mic in it? if so you might as well go ahead and vote cause they already know everything anyway
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 04:36 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by white17
The page won't load !! Gee !!

Page loaded for me and I voted.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 10:29 AM

They're using it so that the dems can better tailor their campaign talking points.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 10:51 AM

Vote #683160 . still 93%
Posted By: adam m

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 12:28 PM

Wow incredible 697k votes and 93% in favor
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 01:05 PM

the people understand even if the politicians can't , that the only way to stop violence is a direct prompt response while it is happening.

I used to do facilities management for a music festival. yes I like folk and traditional music. guess who was everyone best buddy when it came time to move money around or make the bank run at the end of the night.

even the remaining 7 percent is split evenly between no and only for self defense.

read that as some people might think restrictions need to be applied but people should be allowed to carry for self defense.

if we add those in 93+3.5 it is 96.5% agree in personal defensive carry of a firearm.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
the people understand even if the politicians can't , that the only way to stop violence is a direct prompt response while it is happening.

I used to do facilities management for a music festival. yes I like folk and traditional music. guess who was everyone best buddy when it came time to move money around or make the bank run at the end of the night.

even the remaining 7 percent is split evenly between no and only for self defense.

read that as some people might think restrictions need to be applied but people should be allowed to carry for self defense.

if we add those in 93+3.5 it is 96.5% agree in personal defensive carry of a firearm.

What does "only for self defense" mean? How does a firearm provide self defense if you can't have it on your person?

Or does that mean only if you have a legitimate need?

Unreal.

Mike
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 03:19 PM

Carrying is way more realistic then background checks just what will background checks really do?
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 03:22 PM

Im in favor of Not only open carry. But education courses and what to do in case of an emergency situation of a firearm.

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

What does "only for self defense" mean? How does a firearm provide self defense if you can't have it on your person?

Or does that mean only if you have a legitimate need?

Unreal.

Mike

my definition or theirs.

my definition is that the people should have sufficient arms to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic. all that would seek to do them harm , including their own government. a free people should not only have the arms to defend themselves but should be disciplined and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as to render them independent of others for essential goods , particularly military supplies

Being a free person is need enough for me.

I also believe that a person has the right to carry personal arms on as they go about their daily business. if you would find a cop carrying it on their person or in their squad car then a citizen would have equal right to the same tools of defense on their person or in their car.

(yes I borrowed for my definition from Gorge Washington's first state of the union address.)
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 03:52 PM

93% won't mean anything to MSNBC. They will never make the results public, but it they did, they would put a spin on it that would compliment only their twisted left wing viewpoint. The only news more corrupt is CNN.

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Carrying is way more realistic then background checks just what will background checks really do?

since more than half of their "mass shooters" passed the background check , not much.

it is a "feel good" step , a pacification of an uneducated sector of the public while marching towards a Registry next time the system fails for the same complacency or neglect that has cause so many failures, then the registry is a step toward confiscation,

Canada did a registry after they spent a few billion dollars and about 20 years on it they gave up realized it had not solved a single crime and done nothing to effect their crime rate.

you simply can not make criminals behave by beating innocent citizens in the street it just doesn't work.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 07:12 PM

They don't enforce the background checks we have now. People lie on them now which is a felony and all they get is denied!!!

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
They don't enforce the background checks we have now. People lie on them now which is a felony and all they get is denied!!!

exactly if they are constantly allowed to test the fence with no repercussions then test the fence they will.

at minimum every deny needs to come with a fine if the person should not be a deny then a court date and get it fixed.

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 08:10 PM

MSNBC can turn 7% into 70% pretty quickly and the NYT will verify that BS pretty quick! LOL
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 08:11 PM

They'll probably spin it somehow to say that 93% of those surveyed are mentally unstable gun owners and that's why "we" need red flag laws.

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 08:17 PM

Their unnamed sources will be used for the numbers they make up!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 09:42 PM

Yes vote for me. I carry every day either a .38 S&W or a .45 vaquero...both of which state my message loud and clear.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 09:44 PM

I wasn't picking on you GCPete... Just wondering what respondents to the survey meant by "only for self defense."

Mike

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/18/19 11:06 PM

Spun like this:
In a recent MSNBC poll, of those polled, 53,000 people felt that it was to dangerous to carry a gun in public or one should only be carried for self defense.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/19/19 01:49 AM

Why else would you carry a gun in public? Just asking.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/19/19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

exactly if they are constantly allowed to test the fence with no repercussions then test the fence they will.

at minimum every deny needs to come with a fine if the person should not be a deny then a court date and get it fixed.

This brings to mind an old reference dad told me that old cow and sheep men used “the electric fence should be hot enough to put the animal on its knees and it will remember it for the rest of its life” we would do this and it worked. So moral of the story is enforce the laws and make them serve the hardest punishment and they’ll never forget.

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/19/19 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I wasn't picking on you GCPete... Just wondering what respondents to the survey meant by "only for self defense."

Mike

I wondered but I thought I would be overly clear any way.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/19/19 11:50 AM

open carry is trouble ,Just because you can doesn't mean you should . Why throw gas on the fire .I have seen some of you open carry chest all pumped and ready to Matt Dillon the first guy who looks bad . Now is not the time to stir the pot . Lets keep our 2nd amendment and be a little discreet while doing it!
Posted By: jtg

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/19/19 12:00 PM

It is very useful to open carry in an emergency, like flooding etc. Police open carry for a reason. Secret service concealed for a reason.

Originally Posted by Snowpa

open carry is trouble ,Just because you can doesn't mean you should . Why throw gas on the fire .I have seen some of you open carry chest all pumped and ready to Matt Dillon the first guy who looks bad . Now is not the time to stir the pot . Lets keep our 2nd amendment and be a little discreet while doing it!
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/20/19 03:15 AM

I didn't say no open carry ,I said "Just because you can ,Doesn't mean you should "
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/20/19 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
I didn't say no open carry ,I said "Just because you can ,Doesn't mean you should "

Reaching far lol. I for one have not seen let's keep will not be infringed discreet. I understand choosing which side of the fence to jump is, and can be difficult. grin
Posted By: BlueDuck

Re: Poll: carry guns in public? - 09/20/19 02:08 PM

The way it was written the question on "defensive carry" was odd to me. Whats the difference? How do you know when you are going to have a bad day?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums