Home

Food plots are working

Posted By: Flipper 56

Food plots are working - 09/18/19 02:42 PM

Was watching deer feeding on beans in food plots and used my ATN day/night scope to take a picture of this nice buck.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowy

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 03:23 PM

Bait plots are working. LOL So you can shoot the biggest deer while he has his head down eating a turnip. LOL You are desperate to kill the biggest and the best to have bragging rights while his head is in the feed bucket. WOW.

Happy hunting.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 03:24 PM

Yea he is kinda purty !

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
Bait plots are working. LOL So you can shoot the biggest deer while he has his head down eating a turnip. LOL You are desperate to kill the biggest and the best to have bragging rights while his head is in the feed bucket. WOW.

Happy hunting.

Sorry to disappoint, lots of years I don't even shoot one or I shoot one with a goofy rack or one that someone has crippled earlier in the season. Put my whole farm into wildlife habitat to help the critters out. I like to see the big ones make it to breed the does. This pic was out of the window in our house, notice the mowed yard? The wife and I enjoy seeing the wildlife. Snowy, I noticed you have trail cams so you can pattern the deer using water holes. Wow, do you think that is fair? Anyway, the food plots feed a lot of late winter deer after all the crops are harvested so I think they are a good thing. I am a waterfowl hunter at heart anyway and only take a deer when I need the meat. Peace!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 04:26 PM

LOL I hear that let the big ones breed the does. Ok if a 180 inch deer bred a doe when he was 1 1/2 old and scored 95 isn't the same genes passed on ? Yes of course. Letting them grow and breed does NOT better the genes. Of course the more years he lives the more does he breeds. But in reality 80 % of the breeding is done by the 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 year old bucks. The big boys cant be every where and they don't herd them up like elk.
Posted By: CornFedCoon

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 07:33 PM

Hey Flipper, nice buck. I hope you get him. Don't worry about the naysayers, there's nothing wrong with hunting a food plot.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 07:56 PM

Happy hunting.

Good thing we have you on here to keep reminding us that you are better than us.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 07:59 PM

That is a beautiful buck.
I don't plant food plots but I know where the apple trees, white oaks, and crop fields are and the trails the deer use to get to them and back to the bedding areas.
If there weren't lots of oaks and a couple old orchards on or around my land I might have to plant plots too.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 08:44 PM

Yeah snowy, you REALLY need to S.tH.U wink
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 09:02 PM

well,that escalated quickly.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 10:14 PM

Snowy
Maybe you need to go to another outdoor site, seems like we get on your perfect nerves..
Geeze.

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Yeah snowy, you REALLY need to S.tH.U wink

Why?
If you post a thread and if EVERYONE doesn't agree with you, you throw a fit and a tantrum like a 12 year old. By the way, I thought you maybe a teenager at one time the way you posted and act.

If you can't take another view on a subject, you need to stop posting, Sir. You have an anger disorder or mental problem I would say. It is your way or no way.

In fact you swore up and down last winter that a rancher killed all those deer at his hay yard. You had that rancher hung up before you even knew the other side of the story. Well, you were wrong again on that thread and have been on many others. LOL

So, if you don't like other opinions and views on a subject you are the one that should not speak or post. Youu might learn something if you learn to listen instead of a know everything type of person.

You have a great day and crack a Schlitz and mellow, please. LOL
Posted By: 080808

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 10:48 PM

You guys have to knock it off! At least allow me enough time to get more popcorn.

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 10:55 PM

LOL! The show is done for me. LOL I'm sure his side kick will come up from behind the bar or from around the corner and start sucker punching pretty soon. He will get the last word like usual and what he says goes and that is fine by me. LOL
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 11:22 PM

I love all you guys! MB, MT, or MN it doesn’t matter! grin
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Food plots are working - 09/18/19 11:51 PM

Why does it bother you so much about the bait plots snowy? For some reason every year when some one makes a post about food plots or corn piles. You jump them real hard about bait plots and yes they could be called that, but you try extremely hard to make them feel bad about the plots or corn piles. There has to be a good story for why you have such hatred for the baiting.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 12:18 AM

I don't view food plots the same as bait piles.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 12:52 AM

Snowy is probably just too lazy to put in the effort to establish and maintain a food plot, or he's jealous because he can't get one growing where he hunts.

But saying that without knowing him would be just as bad as him saying negative stuff about food plots without knowing anything about OP's situation. So I won't say anything like that.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 01:09 AM

Nice buck, I see your racks grow up like they do in southern Iowa, but up here they tend to grow wider.
Posted By: K9man

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 01:16 AM

Love me some food plots
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 01:26 AM

Nice buck flipper, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 01:30 AM

White oak acorn flats are the food plots I like. Nice buck Flipper.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 01:30 AM

What do you call that stuff ya put out to attract wild animals?
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 11:21 AM

Lure?
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 11:41 AM

So you can shoot the biggest deer while he has his head down eating a turnip.

That's my favorite time to shoot em !!! smile
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 11:56 AM

Nice buck for sure, but just an observation you need to put the cross hairs on the deer or you will miss, buck fever already?
Good luck, Hope you get him.

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 12:05 PM

[quote=bucksnbears]Yeah snowy, you REALLY need to S.tH.U wink

Why?
If you post a thread and if EVERYONE doesn't agree with you, you throw a fit and a tantrum like a 12 year old. By the way, I thought you maybe a teenager at one time the way you posted and act.

If you can't take another view on a subject, you need to stop posting, Sir. You have an anger disorder or mental problem I would say.

I don't even know how to respond to that one?

But keep on with the Lol' s in most every post. Makes you appear like a real fun guy.

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by NE Wildlife
Lure?

Sure, I'll start calling that pile of carci my "lure plot"

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 02:27 PM

Bait plot is what your wanting to hear castermound? I only planted a small bait plot this year, most every one around me has big ones. Maybe next year I will go big. This year i will just feed corn, that seems to keep them interested.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 02:52 PM

Castor and snowy must only use blind sets otherwise it’s not
Real trapping! Geeze wouldn’t want to catch a fisher putting his head into
A baited box
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 03:24 PM

I love when people open their mouths and remove all doubt about their stupidity

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by NE Wildlife
Castor and snowy must only use blind sets otherwise it’s not
Real trapping! Geeze wouldn’t want to catch a fisher putting his head into
A baited box

You really don't see the irony of what you just posted?

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 05:26 PM

We can kill 6 deer in our baited set up how many can you kill castermound?

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 06:48 PM

Some more pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 06:57 PM

Nice deer!
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 07:57 PM

I agree with Ted Nugent on our Michigan DNR/DEQ as to the feeding of deer on the ground.

Deer, sheep, cattle, goats, elk and even Moose will graze. They all put their muzzle to the ground and feed there.

So the CWD issue is just a ruse as far as I'm concerned.
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 08:55 PM

nice bucks
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Food plots are working - 09/19/19 10:07 PM

nice bucks thanks for sharing smile

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Matt28
We can kill 6 deer in our baited set up how many can you kill castermound?

none over bait.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 12:33 AM

Nice pics again flipper, they both look young, that 10 makes it another year or two, be a monster. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t shoot him though lol. Don’t know why people are all hung up on calling them bait plots? I hunt oak ridges and travelways to and from bedding and feeding areas(be it corn or alfalfa). Never hunted over a Food plot but I Would. I’m just trying to wrap my mind around what chaps ya so much about someone planting an area and hunting there?
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 12:41 AM

Hound hunters vs Trappers
Gun hunters vs Bow hunters
Bow hunters vs Cross bow Hunters
Muzzle Loader Hunters vs Rifle Hunters
Non- food plot Hunters vs Food plot Hunters................................... on and on it goes.

The antis don't have to wast time with "Divide and Conquer". We'v done half the work for them. All that's left is the "Conquer".

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 12:56 AM

Flipper. To bad some bunghole had to ruin your thread.
Those are neat pics. Hope you get him.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 01:06 AM

X2 I wasn't able to get a food plot in this year on my 160 wheat was on the 55 acres,had my turnups just didn't find the time to put in the 6 acres behind the house.Hope your able to get him,if not it's sure nice watching wildlife,it's not always about the harvest.Good luck,im planning on getting back to Montana again next year,i love hunting the bad land terrain out west for deer.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Flipper. To bad some bunghole had to ruin your thread.
Those are neat pics. Hope you get him.

Yeh have to agree, isn't there a PETA sight he can go visit?
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 01:03 PM

Looks like a beautiful food plot. Great looking deer.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 03:27 PM

Flipper, great pictures and thanks for sharing. It's too bad that some people don't understand the geographical differences in whitetail hunting. Western folks spot and stalk yet that doesn't work well in the East with smaller land parcels and heavy timber. Others in the South hunt deer by using dogs to chase them. The bottom line is that we are ALL outdoorsman and should be respectful of others and accept that we all do things differently and that it doesn't make us better or worse sportsmen.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Food plots are working - 09/20/19 04:26 PM

2X
© 2024 Trapperman Forums