What a tool. #notmygovernor
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy

He belongs to Muskrat.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:25 PM

The only thing transparent about Cadaver is his lily white skin.

Moosetrot
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:31 PM

Dem ?
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by tlguy

He belongs to Muskrat.

you're cute

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:48 PM

Evers had the guts (at the time of the election) to take on the RR crossing issue. Apparently a politician's trick to garner votes, since now my repeated emails to "Camp Tony" go unanswered regarding this issue.

Our republican governor at the time, Scott Walker, one of the Koch brothers' hopefuls who was bought and paid for, wouldn't help sportsmen and women gain access to thousands of acres of public lands and waters by simply signing a bill that would have allowed us to do so.

That bill, by the way, is coming back around again, via the Republican route from what I hear.

The Dirts of this world are about as useless as teats on a boar.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:49 PM

As far as Evers and this recent bill . . . he's a Democrat. What else is there to say?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat
As far as Evers and this recent bill . . . he's a Democrat. What else is there to say?

Not a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) thing!

Chris
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:05 PM

Evers had the guts (at the time of the election) to take on the RR crossing issue. Apparently a politician's trick to garner votes, since now my repeated emails to "Camp Tony" go unanswered regarding this issue.

Our republican governor at the time, Scott Walker, one of the Koch brothers' hopefuls who was bought and paid for, wouldn't help sportsmen and women gain access to thousands of acres of public lands and waters by simply signing a bill that would have allowed us to do so.

That bill, by the way, is coming back around again, via the Republican route from what I hear.

The Dirts of this world are about as useless as teats on a boar.

I would think the conflict is the safety of the RR. I know it sounds easy because sportsmen are just looking to do something legit. That said, opening it up opens it up to people that may wish to cause great harm. Turning a couple corn cars over isn’t a big deal but turning over some chemical cars could be a huge distraction tying up resources.

Perhaps some fenced in crossovers?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:12 PM

I blame the people that voted for him more than he himself.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:24 PM

" Some people who testified said they want other predator control programs to get started elsewhere in the state.

“I hope it works” in McGrath, said Dirt, a fishing guide and former hunting guide who lives in Skwentna. “And then you can move it over to our area.”

Echoing the complaints of McGrath residents, Dirt said moose have become hard to find around Skwentna. He blames wolves and bears, which prey on moose."

Maybe Dirt, is not as useless as teets on a boar.

A thousand new moose hunters probably appreciate his work unknowingly.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
I blame the people that voted for him more than he himself.

Spot on!

A vote for a democrat in today's world is a guaranteed vote for gun control. This ain't the '60s anymore.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:34 PM

" Some people who testified said they want other predator control programs to get started elsewhere in the state.

“I hope it works” in McGrath, said Dirt, a fishing guide and former hunting guide who lives in Skwentna. “And then you can move it over to our area.”

Echoing the complaints of McGrath residents, Dirt said moose have become hard to find around Skwentna. He blames wolves and bears, which prey on moose."

Maybe Dirt, is not as worthless as teets on a boar.

A thousand new moose hunters probably appreciate his work unknowingly.

Referring to yourself in the 3rd person?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:37 PM

r.

Its what they all do, some more than others. Most had good enough sense to figure he'd casthe the sportsmen issues to the side as soon a he got what he wanted.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:53 PM

Banning sportsmen and women from directly crossing the railroad tracks to gain access to public lands and waters that are otherwise off limits is about as effective in keeping drunks, the drug impaired, and suicidal persons from killing themselves on these RR tracks . . .

as . . .

introducing red flag bills and mandatory gun backs will be to keep criminals from shooting people.

Fortunately we have a Republican majority in the legislature. So this is a feel good event. More Democratic posturing.

Meanwhile, the threat of fines and/or jail time continues to loom over those of us who continue to walk directly across the tracks to access public lands and waters that we have accessed in this manner for most of our lives.

Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:56 PM

A big step back from a State that had a season of deer tied over the fenders of cars back in the day! frown

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 05:57 PM

Personally, I don't see the railroad deal ever passing regardless who your gov is.

Hard to take someone's property rights away. While your at taking the railroads away, make it for all right a ways, then you can road trap.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:02 PM

Banning sportsmen and women from directly crossing the railroad tracks to gain access to public lands and waters that are otherwise off limits is about as effective in keeping drunks, the drug impaired, and suicidal persons from killing themselves on these RR tracks . . .

as . . .

introducing red flag bills and mandatory gun backs will be to keep criminals from shooting people.

Fortunately we have a Republican majority in the legislature. So this it's a feel good event. More Democratic posturing.

Meanwhile, the threat of fines and/or jail time continues to loom over those of us who continue to walk directly across the tracks to access public lands and waters that we have accessed in this manner for most of our lives.

And in that, the railroad will want to have immunity from any litigation resulting from any kind of accident.there's more to these kind of issues than just allowing a trapped to cross your property.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by hippie

And in that, the railroad will want to have immunity from any litigation resulting from any kind of accident.there's more to these kind of issues than just allowing a trapped to cross your property.

Show me where to sign.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:07 PM

Lol, if it was only you, you'd probably have no problem. But...They have to consider all the other Yahoo's that will be stumbling all over their tracks.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:26 PM

Lol, if it was only you, you'd probably have no problem. But...They have to consider all the other Yahoo's that will be stumbling all over their tracks.

So you agree then that people don't need black rifles and high capacity magazine? We all know their are yahoo's with them and that take a ways or all the current laws hasn't stopped them..

Maybe Tony is just blowing smoke so he can stay in office and blame the other party for things that don't get signed.... Seems the way the wholes system works now.

Mac

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
[quote=hippie]Lol, if it was only you, you'd probably have no problem. But...They have to consider all the other Yahoo's that will be stumbling all over their tracks.

So you agree then that people don't need black rifles and high capacity magazine? We all know their are yahoo's with them and that take a ways or all the current laws hasn't stopped them..

Maybe Tony is just blowing smoke so he can stay in office and blame the other party for things that don't get signed.... Seems the way the wholes system works now.

Mac[/quote

No comment Mac, I know what side of the tracks your on and that my earlier post is probably the one your angry at.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver

Mac

Apples and oranges, nice try though. lol

No wait, what is it, oh yeah, “Swing and a miss.”

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 07:03 PM

No comment Mac, I know what side of the tracks your on and that my earlier post is probably the one your angry at.

No Idea my memory isn't that good any more LOL! Tracks? I'm like Muskrat locked out side..

Mac
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 08:05 PM

Reasons to vote Democrat!

There you are.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 10:57 PM

Regarding crossing rr tracks in WI. The restriction is ridiculous to begin with. The politcians state they're trying to protect us from being injured or killed by a train.

Here are the real facts.......no sportsman, or anyone engaged in outdoor activities that necessitates crossing the tracks, have ever been injured or killed. There are no records in WI of such.
As has been stated in previous threads on this subject, the people being injured or killed are drunk, on drugs or it's a suicide, case closed.
IF you act stupidly while on railroad tracks, you're probably going to die........and you can't fix stupid.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 11:12 PM

Just as a singular example, folks over here along the Mississippi River are cut off from over 6,000 acres of public land that we were previously able to access and trap and hunt. Designated crossings are not the answer, either.

Moosetrot
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 11:14 PM

Cross the tracks don't be a big cry baby.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav

But but Tony Bologna said he was going to fix this. Did you fall for this old trick too?

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 11:22 PM

I still do!

Moosetrot

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/19/19 11:36 PM

But but Tony Bologna said he was going to fix this. Did you fall for this old trick too?

Sort of like Mexico paying for the wall?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 01:43 AM

Those WI railroad police must be a tough bunch if people were willing to vote for the party which is wanting to prevent them from exercising their liberty.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 01:45 AM

The elimination of our ability to cross the tracks was signed by Democrat Gov. Doyle in 2006.

Moosetrot

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 01:46 AM

They won't need to cross the tracks once the dem. Gov takes their guns. Two birds with one stone.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 01:46 AM

But but Tony Bologna said he was going to fix this. Did you fall for this old trick too?[/quote]

[/quote]

Dang Muskrat you just figure out how to deal with that problem.. Get the Donald start laying track along the boarder..Should have thought of that sooner..LMAO!

Mac
Posted By: K9man

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 01:49 AM

I would support the idea
Posted By: waggler

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Dem ?

Do you really need to ask?

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 06:09 AM

Well back in those days a pick up was a very rare Item. Game wardens drove 49 ford cars.

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 06:12 AM

I never really worried about crossing the tracks. Just keep your mouth shut and do what you have to do.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 09:11 AM

To all the people that blame Walker for not doing enough for sportsmen and voted for Tony E thinking he would do us better must be a fool. They will take everything from us if they could. Stop crying about the RR and just go, I have had my share of confrontations with the RR hunting in Iowa and never been stopped for crossing the tracks.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 10:21 AM

They won't need to cross the tracks once the dem. Gov takes their guns. Two birds with one stone.

FWIW, more sportsmen likely cross the tracks to ice fish than hunt with firearms.
Posted By: PBS

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 10:35 AM

So I guess my argument is that I could kill just as many people just as quickly with a semi-automatic pistol as I could a semi-automatic "assault rifle". I can actually reload a pistol faster than I can an "assault rifle". So let's just say in the land of skittles and rainbows, they completely eliminate the possibility of anyone owning an "assault rifle".... and I decide to go on some shooting spree with a semi-automatic pistol. Are they then going to ban pistols? The answer is unequivocally YES. This is the argument that needs to be made publicly so gun owner's who are on the fence about this issue can see that that is what is down the road. Once the bans begin, its a landslide to Europe where buying kitchen knives is restricted...... kitchen knives people. It's a thing.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by PBS
So I guess my argument is that I could kill just as many people just as quickly with a semi-automatic pistol as I could a semi-automatic "assault rifle". I can actually reload a pistol faster than I can an "assault rifle". So let's just say in the land of skittles and rainbows, they completely eliminate the possibility of anyone owning an "assault rifle".... and I decide to go on some shooting spree with a semi-automatic pistol. Are they then going to ban pistols? The answer is unequivocally YES. This is the argument that needs to be made publicly so gun owner's who are on the fence about this issue can see that that is what is down the road. Once the bans begin, its a landslide to Europe where buying kitchen knives is restricted...... kitchen knives people. It's a thing.

Good post!

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 03:25 PM

No. That was totally unbelievable. You fell for a believable scenario.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 03:53 PM

Gun buybacks - a mandatory buyback of the governor's office might be in order.

Which is most restrictive, a railroad track or a state border?

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 10:02 PM

No. That was totally unbelievable. You fell for a believable scenario.

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 10:05 PM

Will he buy back any of my squirt guns?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Gov. Evers WI mandatory gun buybacks - 09/20/19 10:07 PM

Just watched the headlines on the local news and the lead story was Governor Evers and his cohorts promoting their red flag law(s) and gun buy back scheme! Unbelievable any outdoor minded person that believes in the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment could/would/did support this guy! UNBELIEVABLE!! eek

Chris
© 2024 Trapperman Forums