Home

Camo stock all sticky

Posted By: vermontster

Camo stock all sticky - 09/22/19 08:04 PM

I have a spare traditions muzzle loader with a composite camo stock. I let a friend use it last year and he cleaned it with hot soapy water. I took it out of my gun cabinet and the stock is sticky and seems like the camo might be coming off. Any ideas how to fix it or clean the stock.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 03:39 PM

I ha a stock like that. I sprayed a matte clear coat on it worked for about 3 yrs and had to do it again last fall. I just checked it a few days ago and still good.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 03:43 PM

I like the idea of putting a clear coat on it.

I had that happen with a shotgun I have. I think it got but spray with DEET on it. that spray caused mine to be sticky also.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 03:50 PM

DEET will ruin just about any surface it touches.

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 04:10 PM

1lessdog thanks for idea of clearcoat. Our muzzle loader season is in December and no need for bug spray usually below freezing temperatures. Thanks for the help
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 05:23 PM

If you go clear coat, make sure it's a FLAT finish, not shiny.

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 09:40 PM

Update I sent a email to Traditions muzzle loader and they have replied back to repair the sticky stock they said to use Rustoleum Top Coat matte finish 2-3 coats.
Posted By: greenetrapper

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 10:14 PM

Same problem with two of my browning shotguns. Duratouch breaking down . There is a class action lawsuit. Browning must repair all affected shotguns and rifles. I will have to part with gun for 6 months. Not what I expected for two 1500 dollar shotguns.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/23/19 11:58 PM

Have a model 70 win. that's doing the same thing...
Camo stock from factory

Donnie
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/24/19 01:11 AM

I agree 100 percent with what Delaware rob said. I have a Winchester super x2 that I turkey hunt with. That’s exactly what I think happened to it.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/24/19 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by greenetrapper
Same problem with two of my browning shotguns. Duratouch breaking down . There is a class action lawsuit. Browning must repair all affected shotguns and rifles. I will have to part with gun for 6 months. Not what I expected for two 1500 dollar shotguns.

They should have to immediately replace the whole shotgun. It's ridiculous that they won't do it.

Keith
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/24/19 09:49 AM

big buck did mine.
Posted By: cat4fish

Re: Camo stock all sticky - 09/24/19 01:50 PM

My never used BPS Duratouch is doing exactly that ! Is there a link for that ?
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums