Home

Dp bait question

Posted By: coonman220

Dp bait question - 09/25/19 02:09 PM

Would spray lite with water, on the cheap Kat food an corn, small marshmellows an then sprinkle powder flavor jello mix on bait an let dry an then package , make jello mix stick better or no difference an don't wet bait when add the powder jello mix ?
Posted By: ridgeview72

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 03:46 PM

If you are looking to wet bait before adding jello a better choice would be to add a little molasses or favorite berry flavored syrup.

Personally I'd just mix seafood sensations cat food w/ molasses + jello if you want & forget the corn/small marshmallows all together.

Generally only use about 4-6 oz of liquid feed molasses to 4 or 5 gallons of cat food (Quality cat food like Seafood Sensations)....in the past I've also added a few drops of liquid smoke, along with a dusting of dry feed molasses and/or milk replacer per gallon. (I mix gallon at a time...mixes easier that way) Cat Food will absorb molasses over time becoming essentially a dry bait that works well in Dp Traps.

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 06:00 PM

I thinking molasses would be a gummy mess , an get stiff inside trap, I come up with idea of get a new spray bottle at Walmart for $1, an put in the juice I have been saving from can chicken breast. An spray litely on bait mix on cardboard,an sprinkle jello flavored powder over bait, lightly an let dry an package , does this sound like good idea? Or would the juice from chicken can breast, not dry good an make bait gummy ?
Posted By: Dan D

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 06:41 PM

You think way too much about coon bait. They will eat bout anything if ya put it in front of them.

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 07:18 PM

This is first time making dp bait, DPs almost have to be set on main trail where stumble across them an maybe only one chance at the coon, I don't leave DPs out long, an that it for them or that trail, done for season, like have most attractive bait
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 07:29 PM

That chicken juice may go rancid .

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 08:10 PM

Ya it may be bad idea, lite mist water to get powder jello to stick ?
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Would spray lite with water, on the cheap Kat food an corn, small marshmellows an then sprinkle powder flavor jello mix on bait an let dry an then package , make jello mix stick better or no difference an don't wet bait when add the powder jello mix ?

Think mite work.bad id to jellow pre. Mix. Mabe just put ne thing front coon. They eat lots stuff nut picky
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 09:12 PM

you have got to have ulcers the size of basketballs as much as ya worry.i used to be like that till i just started trying things and letting the chips fall where they may.good luck bud.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 09:41 PM

Just mix some dry cat food with cheap dog food and call it good.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 10:31 PM

I just use dried cheap cat food with anise flavored lard poured over it all and mixed up. I put a marshmallow on the trigger.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Dp bait question - 09/25/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dan D
You think way too much about coon bait. They will eat bout anything if ya put it in front of them.

Yep

Re: Dp bait question - 09/27/19 08:01 PM

I wonder if ok to make now or wait till closer to season ? As if using flavored jello powder mix, an use it weeks ahead time, that it loose some of its ordor? Even if stored fairly tight seal ?
Posted By: run

Re: Dp bait question - 09/27/19 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
you have got to have ulcers the size of basketballs as much as ya worry.i used to be like that till i just started trying things and letting the chips fall where they may.good luck bud.

X2
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Dp bait question - 09/27/19 08:48 PM

I use vanilla extract
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Dp bait question - 09/27/19 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

X2
+
X2
Posted By: decoys88

Re: Dp bait question - 09/27/19 10:42 PM

Last year I saved bacon grease from BLTs all summer. Poured it on cheap cat food. Worked fine. If after a day or two no catch....I would put a dab of lure on dp and that seemed to help. This was in a January. Good luck coonman.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: Dp bait question - 09/28/19 12:20 AM

Goetze's apple caramel creme candies.
Squeeze them around the trigger.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums