Home

More California Fun - $7m For Nutria

Posted By: DaYooper14

More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/26/19 01:37 PM

That didn't take long. Ban trapping. Pay someone else to do it. Love the logic. Requesting additional $7m on top of $8.5 already green lighted.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/feature...mp-rats-will-cost-millions-lawmaker-says
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/26/19 01:56 PM

Never ending stupid and they wonder why they are broke!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/26/19 02:43 PM

they should have kept trapping and made nutria fur coats , hats and mittens all the rage.

if they really felt bad they could buy the nutria and make fur coats for the homeless.
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/26/19 02:54 PM

sorry - doubled thread - remove when able.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/26/19 03:03 PM

Maybe PETA and HSUS will find homes for them and sanctuary marshes
Posted By: Actor

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 03:34 AM

A trapping Ban should a trapping ban for everyone including someone the state wants to permit and them to do it. If you don't want the animals open it to general population. If not live with the big rodents and keep you dam mouth shut. They are hypocrites and are like a worthless bunch of worthless children without a father.

Garry-
Posted By: tlguy

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 03:41 AM

Dont forget if they decide to shoot them they have to use expensive non-lead ammo hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Posted By: Scout1

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
they should have kept trapping and made nutria fur coats , hats and mittens all the rage.

if they really felt bad they could buy the nutria and make fur coats for the homeless.

As well as grinding up the nutria and feeding the homeless???
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 12:35 PM

True to form, they don't know how to get rid of them yet but they know its going to cost 7million extra bucks to do whatever needs done. Tax dollars at work. Crazy
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 03:13 PM

Some of you younger guys need to go to California and pitch a deal to them....you'll remove the Nutes at a rate of $75 cash each, plus .55 per mile mileage. At that price you will make a decent living AND save the taxpayers literally millions of dollars. Don't make any promises as to numbers removed or time-frame to remove them. Your welcome.
Posted By: Larry Bowden

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 09:09 PM

The inmates are for sure running the asylum there.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/27/19 09:47 PM

It will cost millions every year from now on, 7m is not going to take care of the problem.
Posted By: AJE

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/29/19 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
Some of you younger guys need to go to California and pitch a deal to them....you'll remove the Nutes at a rate of $75 cash each, plus .55 per mile mileage. At that price you will make a decent living AND save the taxpayers literally millions of dollars. Don't make any promises as to numbers removed or time-frame to remove them. Your welcome.

Never been to Cali, and don't foresee ever wanting to go.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/29/19 05:54 PM

I think we should just carpet bomb the whole state and start over. that would take care of the nutria and the rats(non rodent)
Posted By: trappinia

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/29/19 06:12 PM

Because the goverment throwing money at problems always works so well .

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/29/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by trapper20
I think we should just carpet bomb the whole state and start over. that would take care of the nutria and the rats(non rodent)

It's not the whole State the cancer is the lower part of the State!

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/29/19 07:52 PM

Isn't it amazing, the State will pay 7m for something that was done before for nothing.
Posted By: MJM

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Isn't it amazing, the State will pay 7m for something that was done before for nothing.

Were you going out from MI? No one is trapping enough nutria to make a difference for free. That's why they have a problem with them.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
Originally Posted by Getting There

Were you going out from MI? No one is trapping enough nutria to make a difference for free. That's why they have a problem with them.

I thought it was because of the fact they banned trapping and suck. Am I wrong?

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 03:58 AM

They could of done a bounty on them and controlled the cost but they will pay unqualified people big bucks to do a poor job and not solve anything and pay the same people more to get the same results. LOL It's what they do in Cali. crazy
Posted By: MJM

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
[I thought it was because of the fact they banned trapping and suck. Am I wrong?

The point was, if fur trapping was going to fix the problem, there would not be a problem. Has the fur trapping ban even gone into effect?
Posted By: tlguy

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 12:29 PM

The point is, as I see it, they banned trapping because it was a waste of money and they couldn't justify spending the money to pay the staffers to manage the 60 or so active trappers they had left after they banned bobcat trapping. That amount was around $300k if I remember right. So now they're going to use over 20x that money (not including the $8 mil already set aside for this) to do the same thing hunters and trappers could otherwise be doing.

I get what you're saying MJM, hunters and trappers were not doing enough to eradicate nutria. But the truth is, there is no way short of nuking the entire state that will eradicate them. Smame with wild hogs. It's an ongoing beef hunters and trappers have with the government paying people to compete with licensed hunters and trappers for the same resource, often with methods we're not allowed to use. It will be interesting what methods they come up with in CA to combat the nutria not using any traps and only using non-lead ammo.

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 12:37 PM

So it is my understanding there is not a good enough market to harvest the Nutria. The state put a ban on the sale of fur, outstanding. In my comment that it was free, they state was not paying anyone to trap them. The State of CA must stay up all night thing how to screw the tax payers and others. JMO
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: More California Fun - $7m For Nutria - 09/30/19 12:44 PM

They are very good at finding ways to waste the maximum amount of money. If trapping is bad, then logically they should just let nature have her way. I thought she was supposed to balance herself? That's what the vegans and bunny huggers always tell me. Morons.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums