Home

Bucksnbull

Posted By: jbyrd63

Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 03:52 PM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6393578/3

Here's your thread.

Now where was my lie ?

Pass on 40-60 bucks a year ??// must have a great hunting area......

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 03:57 PM

Oh yea page 3 for quick reference
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 04:18 PM

I have no dog in this fight, but your link supports Bucksnbear's point that he did not say the word "over".

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
I'm a confessed " Trophy Hunter". That being said, I'm that way because I Can! Have shot truckloads of deer, probably pushing 400. Shooting a deer is quite easy where I hunt. I routinely pass up 30-60 bucks a year while archery hunting. I choose to wait for older age class deer but to restrict those that are happy just to be out there and shooting a buck sucks! Most don't have the time/ properties as " trophy hunters" .
As for the genetic thing..., Your NOT gonna shoot genetics out of free ranging deer!
Does have just as much to do with genetics as do bucks.
Do I like antler restrictions?, No!
I will shake hands and help drag anyone that shoots a small buck.

Thier tag.

So unless you can find where he says "over" in reference to 400 deer, you should pay the Trapperman Defense Fund.

Keith
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 04:21 PM

" pushing" 400 ain't " over" 400 wink
"I ran away so fast" laugh
An older gentleman, seems it was YOU who did the avearge smile laugh

How deep of a hole you digging for yourself crazy

Do you need a backhoe?

And yeah, I hunt VERY good areas cool

Oh, and thanks too the member who found that tread. cool

Dang, one more edit.
Since you thought I should pay that bet, does that mean YOU accepted the bet? smile

Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 06:00 PM

I would venture to guess that I live within 30 miles of BnB and I'd venture to guess I routinely pass up 30 bucks a year during rifle and muzzloader season. That's different bucks, if we are counting multiple sightings of the same ones than higher. Yes we have good deer hunting. If Dave hunts by where he lives it's really good. I know of one that was shot east of him about 10 miles that scored well over 200 nontypical several years ago.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 06:34 PM

Heck Steve, I heard of and seen pics of one last year about 1 1/2 miles away that looked to be that big.
I " think" I seen him a few nights before rifle season.
Oh , and JByrd, I'd REALLY like you or anyone else the thread about the 200 inch bucks I got on cams smile
Posted By: Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I would venture to guess that I live within 30 miles of BnB and I'd venture to guess I routinely pass up 30 bucks a year during rifle and muzzloader season. That's different bucks, if we are counting multiple sightings of the same ones than higher. Yes we have good deer hunting. If Dave hunts by where he lives it's really good. I know of one that was shot east of him about 10 miles that scored well over 200 nontypical several years ago.

Boy you nailed that one 9r. For all the hunting, fishing, and business he and I have done I have not been on the invite list for a whitetail hunt. I have been in that country and the country down there where he owns land to the west and I am very envious of the quantity and quality of deer. My area would be considered the deer barrens in contrast.
I do not know anyone else who spends as much time as Bucks does outdoors watching learning and figuring out why critters do what they do and when. You may not like the way he prints it or says it but if he makes a remark it’s from first hand experience and knowledge. I’ve never known him to lie or embellish, he doesn’t need to.
A year ago I stood shoulder to shoulder with him one night in front of an up and wounded wicked bear, he didn’t flinch and the bear was taken care of, less than 10 feet with a pistol. He’s got sand.
He can roll west and in 5-6 days be back with DOZENS of called coyotes. Take it from someone who has spent better than 40 years in the west shooting control work, that’s pretty impressive.
Speaking of impressive one guy seems to be coming out on this, two others not so much. Sure is a good cause that would be the real winner, just saying.

Osky
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:05 PM

Number's could be right it doesn't really matter Dave never said all buck deer,i know since 1983 between Mn and living in Mt for 9 years I've killed 225 plus deer.How can a person reach these number's hunting lot of out of states,owning more than 80 acres in Mn pature /ag land give you another doe tag,deperation on soybeans back a few years ago you could shoot 10 per field then if you needed more the DNRwould issue more.For many years I myself was aloud 9 deer 1 buck per season,not counting being a farmers choice shooter for the beans damage one,Mn allows party hunting our party used to be 20 plus hunters,Mt they had A and B tags so you could shoot extra deer/does out there.Between Mt.Mn hunting sport hunting and damaged permit hunting and party hunting there were many years I shot 15 to 20 deer,when the DNR first started the damage deer permits you were not allowed to keep any of the meat,i think it was the 3rd year of the damaged hunting they did allow you to take the meat.So in my 35 years of hunting 11 years in MT. and 35 years in Mn,if I averaged 7 per year that's 245 so 300 plus could be done i'm not sure how many hunting season Dave has under his belt,but i'm guessing it 40 plus so had a 9 deer average that's 360 and if he was part of the DNR REDUCE THE NUMBERS in the soybeans plus a property owner and a few out of states hunt anything is possible.I'm not sure why some sportmans ,hunters,trapper etc have to get in each other facecs so much we love to spend time out in the great outdoors,the anti's are bad enough then as being sportsmens we are fighting about stupid little thing,join together not against each other.Rant over hope this helps about how some number can be meet.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:10 PM

Osky, when it comes to big deer the area that Bucks lives in is special.for northwestern MN one has to know the circumstances of the area to appreciate it.

Bucks I saw pictures of an impressive deer shot right at the last days of bow season not too far from you, big typical. Colder than a witches tit when the guy shot it. Same one?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:11 PM

Rick the reason why is because if someone can't imagine it, than no one else can do it.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:15 PM

Heck Steve, I heard of and seen pics of one last year about 1 1/2 miles away that looked to be that big.
I " think" I seen him a few nights before rifle season.
Oh , and JByrd, I'd REALLY like you or anyone else the thread about the 200 inch bucks I got on cams smile

LOL it wasn't on cam . Duh how could the guys foot look so long posing with it if it was on cam. I t was a pic. Guess now you want me to find it. LOL wasted enough time proving you are FOS so good luck......

You did say you had killed " pushing 400 to quote you . I'll admit but to call me a liar based on the fact you were bragging about 400 deer dying is ludicrous . I'm done with this . I posted the thread , thanks to someone else finding it. So twist it as you like. . Just sad you are jealous as a proclaimed "TROPHY" hunter. Oh yea where they ALL mature trophies since you proclaim thats all you shoot LOL LOL "pushing 400" mature white tails . Great job oh great whit hunter !!! Bucks nbull crap
How many B&C deer you killed? ...... or P&Y

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:15 PM

Also Osky, I had a guy in central MN tell me a couple years ago they had a lot of deer, I told him he doesn't know what a lot of deer is. Don't get me wrong his area has a healthy population but when he told me he could take me out in an evening and show me 40 50 deer(this was winter) I said I'll show you 300 and not go very far. I don't know what our deer per square mile is but I'm sure on a conservative estimate it's north of 15 and probably over 20. It would be higher but our habitat is turning to black fields.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:17 PM

Aw geez Osky blush.
Rick, nope, never was part of any culling operation but since party hunting is legal and I hunted with big groups years ago( both gun and bow), I was a shooting S.o.b grin
Sad thing is, I never post #, s to brag.,
More so, it so people who need help can look to me and know if I say something, it ( probably) comes from experience wink

Looks like JByrd did a Hit n Run laugh

Sure is a beauty of a day in the woods!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6393578/3

Here's your thread.

Now where was my lie ?

Pass on 40-60 bucks a year ??// must have a great hunting area......

Well?????????

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:24 PM

Also most on this forum don't know but the country bucks lives in has a very healthy population of wolves and is a steady producer of coyotes. No telling how many deer would be there and the quality if not for them 4 legged predator
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:26 PM

Dave,agree not bragging about number's but most people don't think those kind of number could be true,i'm trying to turn the light on and say those number could and have been done,party hunting and culling soybean deer you can rack up the numbers,then if you throw in the CWD shooting a person could easily bypass those number's.Agree it's a nice day up here on the shores of the lake,just finishing up the last of my trap dyeing.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:26 PM

Also Osky, I had a guy in central MN tell me a couple years ago they had a lot of deer, I told him he doesn't know what a lot of deer is. Don't get me wrong his area has a healthy population but when he told me he could take me out in an evening and show me 40 50 deer(this was winter) I said I'll show you 300 and not go very far. I don't know what our deer per square mile is but I'm sure on a conservative estimate it's north of 15 and probably over 20. It would be higher but our habitat is turning to black fields.

Don't doubt there are tons of deer in that area . BUT KILLING THEM LEGAL is the issue. If I could shoot all the deer I see in a season and wanted to buy the shells it would be 50- 60 a year. The head count comes into question when its done by the bag limits. No one would question it if people weren't , what word can I use and not get into trouble.... dinks lol

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:29 PM

Aw geez Osky blush.
Rick, nope, never was part of any culling operation but since party hunting is legal and I hunted with big groups years ago( both gun and bow), I was a shooting S.o.b grin
Sad thing is, I never post #, s to brag.,
More so, it so people who need help can look to me and know if I say something, it ( probably) comes from experience wink

Looks like JByrd did a Hit n Run laugh

Sure is a beauty of a day in the woods!

Hit and run . Got things to do . Hit the nail on the head with being able to show the post . Just admit it I was right about you bragging . SO IT Wasn't a lie as you so adimitly called me.

Oh yes
whistle

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:38 PM

One last thing buck where did I come up with that number 400? Did I pull it out of the air like you claimed while calling me a liar ? NO it came out of you mouth !

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 07:41 PM

Good grief man.....

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 08:20 PM

Whew, that last treestands kicked my tail.
Ok JByrd, I ain't got time to play right now but will later smile.
I'll try to type slower when I do.
Be prepared to be extremely " dumbed down"
wink

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Good grief man.....

X2.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 08:34 PM

Don't doubt there are tons of deer in that area . BUT KILLING THEM LEGAL is the issue. If I could shoot all the deer I see in a season and wanted to buy the shells it would be 50- 60 a year. The head count comes into question when its done by the bag limits. No one would question it if people weren't , what word can I use and not get into trouble.... dinks lol

I and Rick just spelled it out to you how it can be done legal you just felt to ignore it.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/27/19 08:38 PM

Exactly, when wrong, instead of making it right make (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) up.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:43 AM

Had a few beers after hanging stands today. I'm Pooped!
Will proceed in the morning as I don't play well after a few laugh
Catch 22, thanks for the explanation, you had me wondering wink

Oh, and thanks Boss Paul for letting us air this out cool

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 01:04 AM

Osky, when it comes to big deer the area that Bucks lives in is special.for northwestern MN one has to know the circumstances of the area to appreciate it.

Bucks I saw pictures of an impressive deer shot right at the last days of bow season not too far from you, big typical. Colder than a witches tit when the guy shot it. Same one?

Yep, watched that deer for a few nights with binos. He was as predictable as a big buck gets.
Good guy that got him also wink

Still wondering where Snowy went since he claimed I said I've shot 500 deer.
I've tried sending him a private message to chime it but he " removes" himself from the conversation whistle
Never seen him do so from anyone from MN laugh
Posted By: James

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 01:27 AM

The near-400 deer figure seems to have credibility after all. I guess you could also shoot that many deer by hunting multiple states.

Last time I lived in the Lower 48, I never heard of a state that allowed more than one deer per year. I used to brag to friends that we could bag four deer (Sitka blacktails) per year on Kodiak Island.

So Bucks, given your experience I have to ask: where would you go to hunt big whitetail bucks? I've never shot a big one. I'm not after your secret hunting grounds, man, just the state and general area.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 01:30 AM

Iowa

Osky
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 01:45 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if bucksnbears killed more than 400.

I'll trust the judgement of those who know him in real life.

That speaks volumes over some blowhard on the internet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by James
The near-400 deer figure seems to have credibility after all. I guess you could also shoot that many deer by hunting multiple states.

Last time I lived in the Lower 48, I never heard of a state that allowed more than one deer per year. I used to brag to friends that we could bag four deer (Sitka blacktails) per year on Kodiak Island.

So Bucks, given your experience I have to ask: where would you go to hunt big whitetail bucks? I've never shot a big one. I'm not after your secret hunting grounds, man, just the state and general area.

Jim

4 deer a year down here legally without extra doe tags issued. Would take 40 years to take 400 with just basic tags. 80 years if only taking bucks. I think in TN you can kill a deer a day if I'm not mistaken. Rest assured, I want kill 400 deer in my lifetime.... I'm not that mad at them.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:18 AM

Gonna hit the sack in a bit but thought I'd check in.
James, I don't follow things like I used to but with more people in different states doing the deer management thingy, I don't think you could go wrong in any Midwestern state.
James, in your opinion, did he not take the bet I offered?
I know he didn't actually say he would but he thought he " had me" and wanted me to pay it.
Not a legal binding of course, just your opinion.?
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:31 AM

I'd say duke it out at the playground...that's what young boys do to settle their differences, and make up at the lunchroom table...
Posted By: DHH

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:39 AM

The older I get the smaller the circle of friends I keep . Alot of that has to do with trust , honesty and knowing your buddy will be there for you if you need anything . With that said I consider Bucks a friend . He calls it the way it is . Some don't care for that but that's the way it is . I've never known Bucks to exagagerate . Just tell it the way it is . That's all

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:42 AM

Bucks, I didn't see the thread where the bet was discussed or made.

But how do you prove you took near 400?

Jim
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:45 AM

Jbyrd was mistaken and lost a bet. If he don't pay up I'll pay the man's debt. Just tell me how. Its for a good cause.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:53 AM

Yep, watched that deer for a few nights with binos. He was as predictable as a big buck gets.
Good guy that got him also wink

That was a big deer by anybody's standards
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:58 AM

Jim

Aw heck....here in Wisconsin you can kill as many as you want depending on where you are. Some counties give you 4 doe tags and $2 a pop for extras and a buck tag for each season (gun v archery)

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 02:58 AM

What were the terms of the bet, were they unambiguous, and did both parties assent to those terms?

Speaking from experience, contact wheeler for paying bet proceeds to the Trapperman Defense Fund.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:13 PM

Well, this whole thing got outta hand.
Here's the nuts n bolts of it James.
I said , as you've seen quoted, that I've shot " pushing 400" deer.
JByrd claimed I said " over 400"
the Mn hater Snowy says I claimed to have shot 500.
I made them a bet, 50$ for each of them if I ever said " over" 400.
Snowy never responded to the post or a p.m. I sent him ( smarter than JByrd), so he owes nothing.
No, JByrd never did formally take the bet after repeated attempts from me to get him to do so.
He avoiding that topic.
Then, he " thought" he had me after finding an old post of mine and said now I was to pay the bet.
But, the dolt was wrong!!, It clearly said " pushing), not " over).
So, from my thinking and looks like other think the same, even though he did not take the bet, once he " had" me, he insisted I pay up, that yes, he took the bet.
What say you James.
And yep, you know Wheeler's smile
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Jim

4 deer a year down here legally without extra doe tags issued. Would take 40 years to take 400 with just basic tags. 80 years if only taking bucks. I think in TN you can kill a deer a day if I'm not mistaken. Rest assured, I want kill 400 deer in my lifetime.... I'm not that mad at them.

In my home WMU (southeastern PA) doe tags are sold over the counter at the courthouse after a certain date and a hunter can buy an unlimited amount. So, theoretically I could purchase fifty tags a year and reach four hundred deer in four years. We are polluted with deer in this area, hence the huge amount of tags available.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:32 PM

no deer here. whistle

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:35 PM

Nope, that's why I only get two doe tags for up there. wink

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:43 PM

Lugnut my math skills were way off it would actually take 100 years to kill 400 with just standard tags. Now the Game and Fish will issue extra tags for doe culling and also for depredation.
Not doubting bucksnbears claim. If one is blessed with the wealth and/or job to take the necessary time off to deer hunt daily, combined with the proper tags and numbers it could be done.
Like I said for me personally I'm not that mad at them. I would rather be trapping anyway.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 12:53 PM

I only kill what my family can eat J Staton which is usually three deer a year.

I was just pointing out that in certain areas (like mine) it would be theoretically possible to kill a great number of deer in a relatively short period of time.

I don't doubt Bucksnbears claims either. Especially after hearing from folks that know him.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 01:03 PM

These threads have been awesome, no joking. I have no idea how many deer I’ve shot, or will ever shoot in my life, might have to sit down one day and figure it out.....naaahhh, just fill tags I got and help friends and neighbors fill theirs. Best of luck to anyone out their enjoying nature and putting some food on the table.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 04:07 PM

i've killed WAY over 400 possums.look that one up.
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 06:08 PM

^^^Lmao!! Possum County Redneck2
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 06:30 PM

Hey Lug nut: I copied this check the math,you stated, (So, theoretically I could purchase fifty tags a year and reach four hundred deer in four years.)
Now I am not sure but 50 tags x 4 years is 200 deer? LOL

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/28/19 06:55 PM

Whoops! blush

I musta been using fuzzy math!

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 12:42 AM

JBYRD. Did you not say that I said I've shot (over )400 deer? Yes or no?
Now, did I say I've shot ( over) 400 deer, yes or no?

I've proved you ( and Snowy ) a liar!
Have you proved me a liar?
Yes or no?

This is so easy to prove yet you keep digging yourself deeper
wink

Also, thanks to the good folks willing to donate to the fund on their behalf since they both whistle

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 05:55 AM

Pics are worth a thousand words...so let's see them..

Round it down to 380 deer, or a truck load of deer as you claimed you have shot..

Pics of passing up all these bucks..

Pics of all these trophy bucks you've shot..

Every post you litter if snowy and jbyrd63 replied or start..

if your the bad (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) killer you say you are let's see the proof ..or go back to your playground and be quiet...

You've proven you wear your balls on a necklace around your neck...what more do we need to hear..

Your the best killing deer machine that ever existed and a couple members here are off by a couple deer you have claimed to shoot...I'm sure if you made proof of all the kills via pics this would end..so let's see them 380 deer you killed...

You prove it I'll give 75$ to the trappers defense fund...Also donate 6 1 1/2 Bridger coils to any youth that is in need of traps...

Let's see it..
Posted By: DaveP

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:26 AM

Know a guy who cracked 100 before he could legally buy a beer.
Had no limit on does here, and he'd take 20-30 some years.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DaveP

I made mention of shooting control on a large spread down on the Texas border where they had well over 100 cull tags per year were filled. The meat was taken immediately to the nearest border town and there distributed to poorer people on both sides of the border. Sounds like a lot and was in that Texas sun but they had a walk in cooler primarily for the people to use who had leased out spots there for trophy deer. We cut them in there and took them to town.
One does not take pictures of that anymore than many carcasses of a good trapping harvest.
The son of that ranch owner who does most of that culling each year and the ranch manager have each got to be near or in the 4 digit range of deer taken.
In a lot of ways I think big whitetail numbers are achieved as many others have posted as well. Particularly after 40-50 years of shooting.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ambush32
Pics are worth a thousand words...so let's see them..

Round it down to 380 deer, or a truck load of deer as you claimed you have shot..

Pics of passing up all these bucks..

Pics of all these trophy bucks you've shot..

Every post you litter if snowy and jbyrd63 replied or start..

if your the bad (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) killer you say you are let's see the proof ..or go back to your playground and be quiet...

You've proven you wear your balls on a necklace around your neck...what more do we need to hear..

Your the best killing deer machine that ever existed and a couple members here are off by a couple deer you have claimed to shoot...I'm sure if you made proof of all the kills via pics this would end..so let's see them 380 deer you killed...

You prove it I'll give 75$ to the trappers defense fund...Also donate 6 1 1/2 Bridger coils to any youth that is in need of traps...

Let's see it..

Crickets LOL LOL

just looked on my phone so check back tomorrow

No 15-20 would do not want to break the internet with all the carnage .
I love the one were he says he killed number 189 3 days ago . BUT when I said wait I thought you were at 400 ??? Number 189 was with his bow ..........

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 06:48 PM

Sorry Ambush. I do not have pics of all the deer.

JBYRD,, yes or no?
Or did you miss the post about 5 back?
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 07:11 PM

What is interesting in this post is we have coyotes here and wolves passing through, and the fawn crop gets slaughtered by the predators. Our deer are never standing around as they are spooked by the canines and the cats. That is what makes the large numbers odd, as I used to hunt a great deal in the Black Hills, when their population was very high in deer, and we never saw 400 bucks in the entire hills. With the lions, wolves and coyotes working things over, it is rare to see deer driving around enjoying the scenery anymore.

I am just trying to figure out the secret the Minnesota DNR has, as with all those deer to eat, why are the wolves and coyotes always pushing out to western Minnesota and the Dakotas looking for things to eat where the numbers are suffering in having too many predators pressing into the region.
In my habitat here in this 36 section township, I know every trophy buck to every spike, and there are not 400 deer total. I would that all of us had these DNR numbers as we keep getting metro hunters out here, and no one cares for it.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 07:16 PM

I saw a pic of jbyrd with five raccoons once.

By some of the logic being used on here, I guess that means that's the grand total of all the animals he has killed in his lifetime.

In fact, I've seen more pics of his lawn, than animals he's killed.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 07:23 PM

I think it is time for Wheelers to step in and make a decision, that both parties agree to honor.

Keith

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by star flakes
What is interesting in this post is we have coyotes here and wolves passing through, and the fawn crop gets slaughtered by the predators. Our deer are never standing around as they are spooked by the canines and the cats. That is what makes the large numbers odd, as I used to hunt a great deal in the Black Hills, when their population was very high in deer, and we never saw 400 bucks in the entire hills. With the lions, wolves and coyotes working things over, it is rare to see deer driving around enjoying the scenery anymore.

I am just trying to figure out the secret the Minnesota DNR has, as with all those deer to eat, why are the wolves and coyotes always pushing out to western Minnesota and the Dakotas looking for things to eat where the numbers are suffering in having too many predators pressing into the region.
In my habitat here in this 36 section township, I know every trophy buck to every spike, and there are not 400 deer total. I would that all of us had these DNR numbers as we keep getting metro hunters out here, and no one cares for it.

The wolves arent expanding out because they are running out of food, they are dispersing, there is a difference. You may not have 400 deer in your township but we do. That's only 11 per square mile, maybe our habitat is better.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by DaveP

I made mention of shooting control on a large spread down on the Texas border where they had well over 100 cull tags per year were filled. The meat was taken immediately to the nearest border town and there distributed to poorer people on both sides of the border. Sounds like a lot and was in that Texas sun but they had a walk in cooler primarily for the people to use who had leased out spots there for trophy deer. We cut them in there and took them to town.
One does not take pictures of that anymore than many carcasses of a good trapping harvest.
The son of that ranch owner who does most of that culling each year and the ranch manager have each got to be near or in the 4 digit range of deer taken.
In a lot of ways I think big whitetail numbers are achieved as many others have posted as well. Particularly after 40-50 years of shooting.

Osky

Ha ain't in Texas LOL

yes buying extra tags make it possible but at what price ???? Still waiting on how many deer can be legally killed in the district/ county where you live bucksnbull ????

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 08:20 PM

all of em.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 08:22 PM

But this is my last post on this for good. Meant every word bucks when I wished you luck and admitted you are a killer above all others. So post some monsters or dinks you harvest this year . Can't wait to see them !!!!!!!

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 09:22 PM

Well I see this has ran it's course.
You are and always will be a loser/ liar in my eyes.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by amspoker
I saw a pic of jbyrd with five raccoons once.

By some of the logic being used on here, I guess that means that's the grand total of all the animals he has killed in his lifetime.

In fact, I've seen more pics of his lawn, than animals he's killed.

*crickets*

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I think it is time for Wheelers to step in and make a decision, that both parties agree to honor.

Keith

If I were Wheeler, I wouldn't know what to say. I don't understand the terms of the bet.

Was the bet over whether Bucks actually killed almost 400 deer? Then they should have settled as part of the bet what sort of proof would be necessary. Bucks's word is evidence. So would be 400 photographs that don't show the same deer twice. Witness testimony? Just how much and what kind of proof could Bucks offer to win the bet? (If there's no way one party can win, it's not a real bet; it's a con.)

Was the bet over whether Bucks said he killed 400 deer? Now, that bet could be settled by resort to post history, providing the posts weren't deleted.

So which bet are we talking about?

Jim
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 09:52 PM

James .

You are Minka again ! Very nice cool

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 09:53 PM

Well, this whole thing got outta hand.
Here's the nuts n bolts of it James.
I said , as you've seen quoted, that I've shot " pushing 400" deer.
JByrd claimed I said " over 400"
the Mn hater Snowy says I claimed to have shot 500.
I made them a bet, 50$ for each of them if I ever said " over" 400.
Snowy never responded to the post or a p.m. I sent him ( smarter than JByrd), so he owes nothing.
No, JByrd never did formally take the bet after repeated attempts from me to get him to do so.
He avoiding that topic.
Then, he " thought" he had me after finding an old post of mine and said now I was to pay the bet.
But, the dolt was wrong!!, It clearly said " pushing), not " over).
So, from my thinking and looks like other think the same, even though he did not take the bet, once he " had" me, he insisted I pay up, that yes, he took the bet.
What say you James.
And yep, you know Wheeler's smile

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:00 PM

yes buying extra tags make it possible but at what price ???? Still waiting on how many deer can be legally killed in the district/ county where you live bucksnbull ????

I already told you that as well but you chose ignore it. Are you really that hard headed?

We can shoot three this year, with the party hunting regulations we have, a hunter could legally harvest an infinite number if he had an infinite number of hunters in his group. We had several seasons not that long ago were were allowed five and if I remember right the fee for the extra tags was 5 bucks. Right now it's 18 for extra doe tags besides the one that comes with the original license. Also we don't necessarily have districts per se. The license is currently good for pretty much the whole state, in the SE corner they think they are special.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

If I were Wheeler, I wouldn't know what to say. I don't understand the terms of the bet.

Was the bet over whether Bucks actually killed almost 400 deer? Then they should have settled as part of the bet what sort of proof would be necessary. Bucks's word is evidence. So would be 400 photographs that don't show the same deer twice. Witness testimony? Just how much and what kind of proof could Bucks offer to win the bet? (If there's no way one party can win, it's not a real bet; it's a con.)

Was the bet over whether Bucks said he killed 400 deer? Now, that bet could be settled by resort to post history, providing the posts weren't deleted.

So which bet are we talking about?

Jim

I think it was what he said. Not sure but this thread is humorous.
I can see where jbyrd might question the validity of taking 400 deer because from what I understand from google only 5 deer can be taken per season in MN with standard license in certain areas.
Now is it possible that bucks has killed 400 deer? Sure it is. If I had the obsession, time, money, and extra tags, it could be done in south Arkansas.
Maybe bucksnbears and jbyrd ought to settle this bet with a different wager. They both deer hunt so I say the one who kills the buck with the most points this season, verified by dated photos, is the winner of the bet. Size not important, only points due to genetic differences in regions. A point being at least 1 inch in length.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:04 PM

The latter James.
No he never said he shot 400, that was what Jbyrd and Snowden claimed he said. In fact Snowden claimed Bucks had said 500. Bucks said what you did James, pull up evidence of me making that exact claim or pay the bet. Easy to find in the archives, were it there.

Others of us have also offered to match the bet, it’s going to a great trapperman cause. When the losers pay up.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:09 PM

Well,that escalated slowly.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:15 PM

I missed that post by Bucks somehow. Yes, telling you to pay up is evidence of assent to the bet. It reflects a state of mind that there WAS a bet.

A gentleman always honors his bets.

Jim
Posted By: rex123

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:16 PM

Why not just show some pictures of some deer.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:26 PM

I can see where jbyrd might question the validity of taking 400 deer because from what I understand from google only 5 deer can be taken per season in MN with standard license in certain areas.

We can shoot three this year, with the party hunting regulations we have, a hunter could legally harvest an infinite number if he had an infinite number of hunters in his group. We had several seasons not that long ago were were allowed five and if I remember right the fee for the extra tags was 5 bucks.

With Minnesota's party system I think it's entirely possible. If, as Steven explained, you can fill tags for other hunters in your party and if you have a party of 25 doing drives with each guy holding five, or even just three tags, the guy doing most of the shooting could rack up good numbers of deer pretty quickly.

Here in PA the max. number of hunters in a party is 25 and it is illegal for one hunter to fill other hunters tags.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon
James .

Thanks, Sharon. My grandkids are due in a couple hours for our weekly baby-sitting. I always "hide" candy in a desk drawer, and when they arrive they start shouting, "Minka, Minka!" and run for my den.

Then all four of them are rooting around, elbowing each other to get first pick of the goodies.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:37 PM

This debate and bet was never about dead deer.
If a driver said they drove their vehicle UPWARDS of 100 miles per hour and someone else then called the driver a liar for claiming to drive 100 mph. Add a second person who says the driver actually claimed 200 miles per hour.
Driver simply says he did not claim such a hi number as accused by the two. It’s all in print here. Pretty simple.

Osky

Still waiting for the losers to pay so I can as well.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:39 PM

So the bet is over what Bucks said, not what he did. Got it.

Were you part of the bet, Osky?

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:41 PM

I understand that now Lugnut, I was typing when 49 made his post. Also illegal to fill other people's tags here. Deer drives not common in these parts but running dogs is still popular in areas of the state.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:52 PM

My 2 pennies worth, I've taken quite a load of deer over the years. Some nice bucks also. Point being, I don't have a single picture of any. Guess that wasn't important to me at the time.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by rex123

Yup..could kill this debate maybe

I’m not 100% sure as it’s been a long day and I don’t feel like going through all the misery of this, I’m not sure either snowy or jb excepted the bet. I would think it’s a dead issue if either did so.

Best if you just let it slide and move on. Why? Most of the post either individual post or replied to the other one jumps in for a jab..not really why I’m here to read this on going feud.

So he was off by a few numbers but we all round up or down with a given number in our head.
400 or over 400 there’s not more to this. Shake hands and move along.

Just my 2 cents doesn’t mean crap to either side.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:03 PM

I understand that now Lugnut, I was typing when 49 made his post. Also illegal to fill other people's tags here. Deer drives not common in these parts but running dogs is still popular in areas of the state.

Never could chase deer with dogs here. We still do a lot of big drives for deer and bear near my camp but around my home area it's small silent drives that seem to be the most effective.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ambush32

I’m not sure either snowy or jb excepted the bet.

Jbyrd thought BNB should pay the bet... that implies acceptance.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
This debate and bet was never about dead deer.
If a driver said they drove their vehicle UPWARDS of 100 miles per hour and someone else then called the driver a liar for claiming to drive 100 mph. Add a second person who says the driver actually claimed 200 miles per hour.
Driver simply says he did not claim such a hi number as accused by the two. It’s all in print here. Pretty simple.

Osky

Still waiting for the losers to pay so I can as well.

Osky are you drinking again. The debate was bucks nbull mouthing about killing 400 deer (pushing 400) But then he slipped up on Thursday and said "I just shot deer 189". I questioned him and he said That was with a bow and he never claimed to kill 400. After someone sent me the link where he did mention 400 deer it seems to have become a bet.
Now that someone has said 5 is the limit (ok party hunting involved) I EVEN more cry bull crap on his statement of PUSHING 400.....
My opinion and this is America. Heck some opinion think Hillary would have made a good president.

As this is my last (again aaaa0 I will address you AMSPOKER as for pics on a new thread .......

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:09 PM

So the bet is over what Bucks said, not what he did. Got it.

Were you part of the bet, Osky?

Jim

No James not originally. I interjected when I determined the real issue as I see it as printed above. Me and a few other people on here then volunteered to match the funds the loser would send to the Trapperman fund. It sure seems Bucks is correct. Jbyrd is I think going to stand tall in the end. Seems the type. The other one left Jybrd to take the shots, I have no hope for that one.
Waiting here pen in hand.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:10 PM

Hunting with dogs isn't allowed in Alaska.

Driving deer is very dangerous, which is why most outfitters refuse to do it. I once saw a guy almost killed on a deer drive (yes, I was participating, but I didn't know better). Someone else shooting at a buck fired a slug right into the tree beside the other guy. It's okay to tell people gun safety rules, but there's always someone who loses his head when he sees game.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:12 PM

Then again, Jbyrd once GUARANTEED an Alabama BCS title too......

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:13 PM

Hunting with dogs isn't allowed in Alaska.

Driving deer is very dangerous, which is why most outfitters refuse to do it. I once saw a guy almost killed on a deer drive (yes, I was participating, but I didn't know better). Someone else shooting at a buck fired a slug right into the tree beside the other guy. It's okay to tell people gun safety rules, but there's always someone who loses his head when he sees game.

Jim

Isn’t that the Truth!

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:19 PM

As this is my last (again aaaa0 I will address you AMSPOKER as for pics on a new thread .......

I want pics of every critter you've laid your beady eyes on.

And all those glorious lawn mowing pics!

Brig it Kentucky!!! laugh

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:30 PM

Driving deer is not dangerous at all unless you're hunting with idiots. Not too long ago we had more than a million hunters here in PA and deer drives have been a preferred method of hunting for a long, long time. Guess how many hunters have been killed or shot participating in deer drives?

Follow some basic gun safety rules and don't hunt with morons and you'll have a better chance of getting mauled by a grizzly bear and a polar bear in the same day than you will of getting shot on a deer drive.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:31 PM

I think this year in SE Minn. you can shoot upwards of 400 deer, no limit.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/29/19 11:33 PM

But can you shoot over 400? grin

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:13 AM

Ok guys, this is getting kinda stupid!

The bet wasn't over a number(. 400) deer, it was about a claim I said I've shot ( over) 400 deer.
As a Lawyer James, him posting screenshots of past post would put you in the poor house if trying to defend him smile

Look up mine and his last weeks post's.
There are several threads with the same type back n forth.
I think you'll get a real hoot wink

And to be clear, it was never about the # 400, it's about the lies he and snowy made about what I had said.
All there in black n white.
JByrd just keeps on digging deeper.( Bout to hit China)
Pour a drink James, sit back in your easy chair/ read the posts and have a laugh grin

This really is SO easy,. laugh
Posted By: mainer

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2

grin grin

Have we settled on what "pushing 400" amounts to? I think once we all agree on THAT number, we can begin to figure out who won the bet, and who is the bigger liar or worse mathematician. So I'll start....

"pushing 400" = 389

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by mainer

grin grin

Have we settled on what "pushing 400" amounts to? I think once we all agree on THAT number, we can begin to figure out who won the bet, and who is the bigger liar or worse mathematician. So I'll start....

"pushing 400" = 389

Pushing could be 399 but they both as " quoted ( Over) 400.. easy- peasy smile

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:40 AM

It also could be 398, right? I mean taking away one deer from your 399 total wouldn't make "pushing 400" any less plausible than 398, correct?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:43 AM

It also could be 398, right? I mean taking away one deer from your 399 total wouldn't make "pushing 400" any less plausible than 398, correct?

wink

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:45 AM

No, that is not correct. I have an actual chalkboard and have channeled Einstein. Your previous post of 389 was correct. grin
Posted By: rex123

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:49 AM

Have a question when he says he gas killed almost 400 deer is he talking with a gun?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:00 AM

Have a question when he says he gas killed almost 400 deer is he talking with a gun?

No but what does it matter?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:09 AM

I like cake.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:10 AM

reminds me of the time i went to gnome fest with Boco and Walleyed.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:12 AM

No, that is not correct. I have an actual chalkboard and have channeled Einstein. Your previous post of 389 was correct. grin

I like your thinking, Catch. You're one smart dude. grin

Let me explain. If we agree that taking away a single deer from 399 does not invalidate the claim of "pushing 400 deer", then removing a single deer from the 398 total would not invalidate your claim either. If fact, your claim would remain valid at 396, 395 and so on. In short, You could even make that claim if the actual number of deer you killed was only 1.

Why? Because we can't say with any certainty at what point does removing a single deer from the total make "pushing 400 deer" an invalid claim. Is it 389, 383 or maybe 372....

So what have we learned? grin

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:13 AM

reminds me of the time i went to gnome fest with Boco and Walleyed.

Are they related? grin
Mayonnaise rocks!

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:24 AM

mainer, I think it is a known acceptance across the globe that it is just in the eyes of all academia to say pushing 400, after the threshold of 351 has been achieved is, well, undeniable. Also, don't take lightly that I have channeled Einstein. grin

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:27 AM

Doesn't matter if it was 389 or 398--neither one is "over" 400.

Doesn't matter, for purpose of the bet, whether they were killed with a bow or a gun, although we should all agree the bow would be a mightier feat.

If the bet was whether Bucksnbears said he'd killed over 400, it looks to me like he did not say that, and that someone owes bet stakes to the Trapperman Defense Fund and it isn't Bucks. A worthy cause.

But from his post, Jbyrd seems to dispute there was a bet. I didn't see the thread where the bet was allegedly made, so can't comment about that. I also don't see where Jbyrd has explained why at one point he claimed Bucks had lost the bet, if there was no bet.

Osky seems convinced enough there was a bet that he stands ready to pony up the stakes himself, if the loser defaults. A move that confuses me. Why not just make some loser bet of your own, Osky? lol

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:38 AM

Sorry I wasn’t clear James I am willing to match the bet money that is paid. Good cause. Hoping to prompt a “ oh well” ending to it all. As I said Jbyrd at least hung in here right or wrong, Snowden on the other hand couldn’t have run off any faster after throwing gas on the flame.
I’m holding hope, some people here have been top shelf on these bets in the past, it’s not a make or break amount.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:39 AM

Was it a monetary bet or a gentleman's bet in the beginning?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:44 AM

James, pour 1 more drink, sit back and read a few more posts. You'll see it in black n white cool

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:49 AM

mainer, I think it is a known acceptance across the globe that it is just in the eyes of all academia to say pushing 400, after the threshold of 351 has been achieved is, well, undeniable. Also, don't take lightly that I have channeled Einstein. grin

Okay, so how many times have you channeled Einstein? Is it like over 20 or just pushing 20?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:49 AM

Pushing 2 grin

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 01:54 AM

James, pour 1 more drink, sit back and read a few more posts. You'll see it in black n white cool

I’m getting typsy just reading about all the libations James is drinking.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:01 AM

I'm only getting warmed up.

Just wait until Bucksnbears gets my bill.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:08 AM

Jim

Lol James!
Hey wait......, I never shocked

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:09 AM

M

Jim

I’m not matching that payment.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:11 AM

Ah, why not? My bill proceeds will go to the Defense Fund of course.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:13 AM

Jim

I imagine it's quite a chunk an hour, plus a hefty retainer to get you to come out of retirement. Of course the losing party is the one who should be responsible for your fees. I know who I consider the undoubted loser of the bet.

Do you have a final decision yet?

Keith

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:35 AM

I have total faith James will figger this out smile
Shouldn't take him more than 3 drinks.
Am I hearing crickets from the opposite party counselor grin

And once again Boss Paul, I'm sure your reading this thread, thanks for letting this play out.
cool

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:39 AM

Well, I'm out. It's gotten to ridiculous for me, that says something lol.

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 02:56 AM

Stay tuned Catch22 smile

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon
James .

Thanks, Sharon. My grandkids are due in a couple hours for our weekly baby-sitting. I always "hide" candy in a desk drawer, and when they arrive they start shouting, "Minka, Minka!" and run for my den.

Then all four of them are rooting around, elbowing each other to get first pick of the goodies.

Jim

grin That sounds so fun for all of you . Hide and seek for chocolate ! Grandparents always have fun things waiting for the kiddos cool
Posted By: logger coffey

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 11:42 AM

So , who won this debate ?

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 11:58 AM

Snowy

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:14 PM

Snowy

Yes. The days have come where standing tall to your own words are gone. Sad. I thought it was only for lousy politicians.

Osky

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 12:16 PM

cry

Re: Bucksnbull - 09/30/19 03:50 PM

Wow, I didn't think James would have had to open a second bottle to figger this one out laugh

Re: Bucksnbull - 10/01/19 01:42 AM

We had a blast, Sharon. For some reason, my 3.5 year old grandson found great pleasure in taping paper clips to the side of my desk.

As for the rest of you guys: Why is it up to me to decide? And make an enemy either way?

I can hear you now. " But James, everybody hates you already anyway."

Bah.

I think I've made my opinion about the bet clear already.

Jim

Re: Bucksnbull - 10/01/19 02:28 AM

Well James, thanks for playing along. i sure didn't mean to put you on the spot, just thought you'd have a bit of fun with it.
It's run it's course. Purdy sure what the common thinking is on this topic wink.

Re: Bucksnbull - 10/01/19 03:24 AM

We had a blast, Sharon. For some reason, my 3.5 year old grandson found great pleasure in taping paper clips to the side of my desk.

As for the rest of you guys: Why is it up to me to decide? And make an enemy either way?

I can hear you now. " But James, everybody hates you already anyway."

Bah.

I think I've made my opinion about the bet clear already.

Jim

What a hoot ! I can imagine your expression figuring why he was having such fun doing that .

When kids are just old enough to speak their minds, I like to delve into what they're doing in the moment and keep asking them why they decide to place what and where . I get some very interesting logic sometimes grin
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Bucksnbull - 10/02/19 01:37 AM

Man oh man! How do we make this stop?!
I have enjoyed posts/threads from both of these guys. Now I'm wondering if my enjoyment has been misspent.

Re: Bucksnbull - 10/02/19 11:39 AM

You're smart enough Carl to separate the wheat from the chaff wink
© 2024 Trapperman Forums