Home

One proud dad

Posted By: Dbooth

One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:11 AM

Took my son (8) out youth deer season. Started last saturday and we had not seen a deer since we started hunting. Tonight we got a new field to hunt and he connected on a doe at 30 yards. I'm pretty dang proud tonight [Linked Image]
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:13 AM

Good job dad, that smiles means a lot!
Posted By: trappinia

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:13 AM

Way cool, congrats to both of you .
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:15 AM

Great job guys! I had a tear in my eye the last, first deer hunt I took my youngest son on. 4 boys and lots of pics and memories. Cherish it!
Posted By: adam m

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:29 AM

Congrats
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:30 AM

Excellent !
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:31 AM

Great pic and memory!
Posted By: squacks

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:41 AM

Congrats to you both!
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:44 AM

Those are the memories neither one of you will forget. Congrats.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:47 AM

That's a picture in need of a frame hung up in his room and in the family room as well Congratulations to both of you !!!!!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:57 AM

Way to go !
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:09 AM

Doing it right!
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:22 AM

NICE!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:40 AM

I personally don't believe in youth hunts, I think it's another entitlement program. However I sure do get the excitement and enthusiasm for your youngin.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:43 AM

Awesome family time
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:55 AM

Great job!!
Posted By: Sask hunter

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 04:02 AM

Congrats!!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:41 AM

that's great ,he might not remember the size of the deer ,but he will always remember he shot it with dad !!!!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:45 AM

cool
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:46 AM

Congrats to the boy and you, memories made and plates filled with venison!
Posted By: run

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:49 AM

Congratulations on both of you, nice to see someone kill a doe. I mean this sincerely. Rack fever gets crazy sometimes.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:49 AM

I REALLY like pictures of kids with their first deer
Posted By: James

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:53 AM

Cool!

Jim
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 09:58 AM

No Deer will ever taste better than a kids very first! That moment of harvest and work up to it, will be relived and story re told at the supper table for weeks. The memory will last a lifetime.
Posted By: Abu65

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 10:19 AM

Good job. Tell him congratulations.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 10:37 AM

Congrats
Posted By: 7887mm08

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 10:39 AM

Way to go! I remember my sons first, couldn't of felt any more proud. CONGRATS
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 11:28 AM

That's a great pic.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 12:02 PM

Congrats, can’t wait till my kids are big enough!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 12:25 PM

Excellent, I love seeing this. Takes me back to when I used to take my daughters on youth hunts. Good times!
Posted By: snowy

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 12:53 PM

Outstanding story and another young person that will enjoy archery for a life time. I have had many parents with first time archery children take an animal on our place. A had a parent video his first time son arrow a doe last year on our land. The guy sent me the video and was one of the most special event I have ever witnessed. The young man put the arrow as prefect as a polished pro and was so excited and with his proud dad it was an awesome video. I still have it and watched it just the other day. What was said and the joy of the sounds and excitement was beyond happiness.

Congratulations young man and Dad.

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:02 PM

Thanks everyone! He is already talking about going out this afternoon and trying to shooting a buck or big doe with his second tag.

Originally Posted by snowy
Outstanding story and another young person that will enjoy archery for a life time. I have had many parents with first time archery children take an animal on our place. A had a parent video his first time son arrow a doe last year on our land. The guy sent me the video and was one of the most special event I have ever witnessed. The young man put the arrow as prefect as a polished pro and was so excited and with his proud dad it was an awesome video. I still have it and watched it just the other day. What was said and the joy of the sounds and excitement was beyond happiness.

Congratulations young man and Dad.

I have video of it on a go pro and my phone.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:41 PM

Thats raising them right
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 02:53 PM

Well what's the story. Time of day, how long did you guys watch her and so on.
Very interested. The Boy will carry a gun next year at 9 what does your son shoot?

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Well what's the story. Time of day, how long did you guys watch her and so on.
Very interested. The Boy will carry a gun next year at 9 what does your son shoot?

We had been hunting since last weekend and had yet to see a deer while hunting. Yesterday morning i was able to track down the owner of a bean field who lived in the complete opposite side of the state. Wasnt a real easy task. Got the ok from him as long as we didnt distrub the crops. No problem there. Went out about 1 and picked out a good spot on the fenceline and built us a little blind. It started raining shortly after but was going to be done about 6. I told drake that when it was just about done raining we needed to be sitting in the blind. Get everything ready and when we come through the fence line there was already 6 deer including 4 bucks, two which any deer hunter would consider trophy sized, deer in the bean field about 150 yards away, and noving the wrong direction. We just sat patiently until they walked out of site and we hurried to our blind and got set up. A whole 5 minutes had passed and two more bucks come walking out into the field following about the same path the first six took. He was excited we were seeing deer but also disappointed they were so far away. I told him if we didnt get anything tonight we would move the blind where we had seen all the deer come out. As we were sitting there warching the bucks, the doe popped out into the field at 50 yards broadside. I told him if he was comfortable shooting he could go ahead and take it, if not she would walk out in the field farther. He said he sidnt think he had a good shot the way he had to twist to shoot so he just sat and waited. In a few minutes time she slowly made her way out into the field and closer. Less then 30 yards. When she finally turned broadside, i gave him the go ahead. He clicked the safety off, took a couple deep breaths, and slowly squeezed the trigger. She dropped right in her tracks. I made him sit until she stopped thrashing around. In the mean time the two bucks just stood on the edge of the field tryong to figure out what just happened. Msde a quick call to mom amd then the real work began. He helped with everything, gutting, dragging, loading, skinning, and quartering up before he had to make a call to grandpa to tell him.

He just turned 8 this spring but is a big kid. 4'5" and a touch over 80lbs. This summer i bought him and his mom a weatherby sa-08 compact 20 gauge. It has very little recoil shooting slugs.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:33 PM

AWESOME!!! great memory and story there. When do the tenderloins hit the butter? Good job dad tell your boy we are all very impressed with his patience and shot placement what a trophy white-tail!!!!

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 03:38 PM

About 4ish tonight. Going to be an early supper before we go out again tonight
Posted By: MnMan

Re: One proud dad - 09/29/19 04:14 PM

That's fantastic! Good job, guys!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums