Home

Coyote urine shortage?

Posted By: Law Dog

Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 07:45 PM

I see a few places are out of yote urine already anybody else running into this also?
Posted By: Bob

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 07:55 PM

I bought mine from Andy weiser at our convention, I got one of the two last gallons he had there
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 08:30 PM

Dose anyone know why there is a shortage ?
Posted By: David Morse

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 08:37 PM

Well who's not trapping coyote this year?
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 08:40 PM

I got mine , so I'm set from the year. Might just need some.female urine lil later is all.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 08:55 PM

I bought some pens this summer so unless I cant catch one I'm going to pull through the crisis Lol
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 09:12 PM

Seemed like there was plenty at the Nebraska Rondy this past weekend
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 10:35 PM

I got all I need for a couple years I m good for now . Just wonder why there is a shortage.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by coydog2
Dose anyone know why there is a shortage ?

yotes have kidney stone cause of climate change

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 10:54 PM

Not sure there is a shortage just see that a few dealers are out of stock before the season, heck maybe they sold out?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 10:57 PM

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it or if it's just a coincidence but a whole sale vendor for lure ingredients use to list artificial urines on their site and I noticed earlier this summer I couldn't find them any more. Didnt know if they weren't listed any more per the request of the people that was buying it or if they weren't available anymore. If this is the reason for the shortage (and I'm not saying it is) it would be kind of eye opening.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 11:07 PM

just tell ya wife to pee in a bottle when she has period
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 11:16 PM

open your eyes then yes sir

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hydropillar

My grandpa said he knew a government trapper that would have his wife save her period pads and swore by it as coyote lure
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 09/30/19 11:59 PM

I have caught a coyote with a used tampon tossed down a dirthole. Did that a couple years ago. Took about a week or so and made a catch. I havent spoke of it much cause i figured alot of people would think im full of it. But it happened and you gotta also think what does that mean about human scent at a set. About on par to what i tell people who ask why i wear gloves...to keep my hands less dirty and thats about it.

So wife collected pee? idk maybe if its winter and you fed her alot of meat first it may work.....LOL
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 12:48 AM

Just wait they just need to go in back and mix some, I mean collect a new batch wink
Posted By: tjm

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I have no idea if this has anything to do with it or if it's just a coincidence but a whole sale vendor for lure ingredients use to list artificial urines on their site and I noticed earlier this summer I couldn't find them any more. Didnt know if they weren't listed any more per the request of the people that was buying it or if they weren't available anymore. If this is the reason for the shortage (and I'm not saying it is) it would be kind of eye opening.

The mere fact that it is/was sold by a company specializing in ingredients for trapping lures suggests the use of it in enough lures to keep it cataloged. That should open your eyes to the possibilities.
Do you believe in coincidence?
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 01:34 AM

Dang boys this turned sideways in a hurry.
Posted By: David Morse

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 01:38 AM

[Linked Image]
The only pure urine i know of is in short supply .
Posted By: Nayr

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 02:04 AM

I know this is off topic, but how long will urine stay good in a refrigerator? Or is that not a good way to store it? Regardless, that is how I stored it.........
Posted By: mainer

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 02:10 AM

Any word on when the supply will be back to normal? I don't know how much longer I can ration what little I have.

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 02:31 AM

It's out there if you look just never had to look so hard in the past!
Posted By: Zim

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 02:47 AM

I am a pea poor coyote trapper but manage to catch one now and again. I use a little urine on a post set and maybe a little on a flat set.
A gallon would last me about 20 years.

Zim

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:03 AM

My apologies, Jerry. I wasn't being serious with my post. As Pawnee noted, it was sort of funny how quickly this turned into shortage crisis, which of course is not what you intended to convey. Anyway, from my quick search there doesn't appear to be any Coyote urine shortage.

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:07 AM

No worries the pieces are kind of falling into place I looked at 3 places and 2 were out of gallons.

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nayr
I know this is off topic, but how long will urine stay good in a refrigerator? Or is that not a good way to store it? Regardless, that is how I stored it.........

I asked Andy weiser when I was buying some from him cause I had some left from two years ago that’s just been stored in my garage, he told me he wouldn’t hesitate to use it. I wouldn’t think storing it in a fridge would hurt it. My garage isn’t heated, so I hope not lol.

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:21 AM

I looked at MTP, FnT, Sterling, Grawes, Jameson's and Derrick's and no indication that they were sold out or in short supply, but that was simply a web search.

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:23 AM

Long term I store stuff in glass, plastic has never impressed me for the long haul not that it won't work but it can be hit and miss. I had some lures I came across from the Arizona trapping days and a few items in plastic were all dried up the stuff in glass was still liquid. I have a refrigerator I can keep it in so that works for me.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/01/19 03:52 PM

I had Hawbaker's fox urine that stayed in an outdoor shed for over ten years and still had all the good stuff in it. A few of the great urine experts got on a thread here years ago and the consensus was that if it ever was good urine it will keep indefinitely. I believe there was a suggestion to keep it out of direct light, but all agreed that refrigeration was unnecessary. Does your wife keep the cleaning ammonia in the fridge? They are pretty similar compounds.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 01:07 AM

Yep..If you guys are serious about the coyote urine shortage send me a PM if you want some..not sure how much I have but I'll check if I get a PM..Let me assure you it's the real deal
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by Hydropillar

My grandpa said he knew a government trapper that would have his wife save her period pads and swore by it as coyote lure

You want to shoot a bear,,dangle one of them from a tree limb and watch what happens.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 12:37 PM

There are only a few new urine collectors starting over the last decade. And more retiring. Kind of like dairy farmers. It's a daily grind that most don't want to bother with for the $$.
Good urine is an asset wolfers need in their bag each and every day.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 12:56 PM

Well not to cause an uprising but a lot of you guys use way to much lure and urine .Seems you want to draw them from the next county

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 01:03 PM

Snowpa, I learned how much lure and urine to use from mark June and Andy wieser. So unless you catch more canines than them, I think I’ll continue to take their advice
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 02:22 PM

Now there is a pair to draw too
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 03:34 PM

Some body needs to teach the yotes to learn to hydrate better! also with the current coyote rage and everyone from trappers to callers chasing the H out of them, just maybe we are scaring the P$%$$ out of them. lol

Bryce
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
Snowpa, I learned how much lure and urine to use from mark June and Andy wieser. So unless you catch more canines than them, I think I’ll continue to take their advice

Lets just say I take my share !
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 08:30 PM

I collect bladder urine and have always had some left over to start next season. With fur prices what they are I don't buy anything I can get for free.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/02/19 08:49 PM

Any urine is easy to find, quality urine harder to find. Lost a good bobcat urine supplier about 3 years ago. And found another good one this year. Excellent smell and quality.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/03/19 12:20 PM

run some of your game cameras on spots you urinate on compared to some you use your best "coyote" urine you paid for - might surprise you...... smile

I never buy urine.

Consider this - you ever watched your dog.....is it only going over and smelling, hiking his leg, and urinating on dog urine?
Posted By: run

Re: Coyote urine shortage? - 10/03/19 01:02 PM

smile
© 2024 Trapperman Forums