Home

When will you start?

Posted By: Bob

When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:00 PM

I’m gettin itchy. Got to wax a few dozen traps and place one more mtp order and I’ll be ready. Probably start setting steel next week or the week after, try to get some of those coyotes before every dude with a deer rifle starts shootin at em. Just got off the phone with a couple landowners, got the green light to kill every coyote I can on just over 16,000 acres so that ought to be enough country to hold one or two coyotes. Might even be a fox in there if I’m lucky. Can’t wait to hear some chains rattle!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:16 PM

Abby the skunk shedded out a few weeks ago she has a nice thick new coat not a loose hair now and she put on 3-4 pounds so it's getting near.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:20 PM

probably around the 1st of Nov. But maybe one week prior depending what the weather does.
Posted By: Mike Kelly

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:33 PM

Season opens October 19. So I will probably be getting ready the night of the 18th!
Posted By: 080808

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:34 PM

Up here our season opens 10/26 for most critters but I believe it too early for prime. Pre bait then an set around 11/10.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:38 PM

I started last monday with 16 sets. It was 98-100 all last week and gonna be again this week. That sucks for catching stuff, but i did catch one coyote 2 possum and a coon last week. I expect this week to suck but the heat is suppose to break this weekend and things should start picking up after that. At least i will have traps already set when the heat breaks. Then i will put out the rest of them. Of course im just doing predator control and not skinning anything yet.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Abby the skunk shedded out a few weeks ago she has a nice thick new coat not a loose hair now and she put on 3-4 pounds so it's getting near.

Shes prime as she gets !!
whatcha waitin for ??
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:50 PM

Season has been open for everything except bobcats. Im hoping put traps out this week . should prove interesting.

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 10:56 PM

I hope that we still have open water when muskrat opens on November 1st so I can take my kids out with their colony traps. Other than that I’m targeting coyote, red fox, coon, badger, and skunk, and all of those are open year round here
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: When will you start? - 09/30/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hydropillar
Originally Posted by Law Dog

Shes prime as she gets !!
whatcha waitin for ??

Waiting on another X or two!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 12:00 AM

Ours opens 1 November for fur bearers. We can trap coyote, beaver and hogs year round but it's too hot.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
Ours opens 1 November for fur bearers. We can trap coyote, beaver and hogs year round but it's too hot.

Yep. Mid 90’s doesn’t really put a fella in the mood to trap.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 12:35 AM

The season here open the 2nd of Nov

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 12:36 AM

Dang, it hasn’t been 90 here in a month or so. Forecast says it isn’t supposed to get above 60 for the foreseeable future. Should get our first frost soon.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 12:59 AM

When these freaking temps go away. Too dadgum hot right now. Sarge
Posted By: bobcat_trapper

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by sanfo008
Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper

Yep. Mid 90’s doesn’t really put a fella in the mood to trap.

Arkansas open season yr around on coons coyotes beaver skunks oppsum & hogs. I think is what it said. On private land
Posted By: 20scout

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Kelly
Season opens October 19. So I will probably be getting ready the night of the 18th!

Yup, but unfortunately I can't get into some of my hot spots till the crops are out or after deer season. But I did manage to score two farms today that I can get on right away so that'll help scratch that itch for awhile.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 03:30 AM

Columbus day weekend here to target yotes will start calling then too. I think the pups got kicked out last week as I've only been seeing singles now not groups of dogs.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 03:42 AM

I just recently started by putting just 10 coyote traps out this past weekend. Will get about 40 total traps out for coyotes in a couple weeks. Caught this male today on a skull set. Fur was looking pretty good.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: white17

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 03:44 AM

Maybe after Thanksgiving . Why trap them if the fur is worthless ?
Posted By: bacatrapper

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 03:48 AM

Because its fun!!!!!!

God will make more critters.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 10:26 AM

Day after Thanksgiving for me here. November is too early here but most of our seasons start november 1st.
Jim
Posted By: Osky

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 10:37 AM

Pretty much mid December now for MN trapping I do, they have pushed the cat/fisher/marten back to then this year.

Osky
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Day after Thanksgiving for me here. November is too early here but most of our seasons start november 1st.
Jim

I do the same. I think ours starts Nov. 13 or so.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 11:41 AM

Our season opens Oct 19,i'll have a few sets out Oct 24,25th.I might set 4 traps on the 19th where someone set my old set locations last year,my old trap beds not sure who it was,but I don't want to loose that spot 2 years in a row,it's good for 2 to 5 coyote most years.No season on coyote here,fox and coon season is what opens here on the 19th which is too early,this location is where I caught that big dog fox by the lower jaw in the MB 550 2 years ago.
Posted By: cotton

Re: When will you start? - 10/01/19 01:13 PM

wont set till dec. here if i trap at all
Posted By: Marten Ted

Re: When will you start? - 10/03/19 01:46 AM

Hopefully this week if the weather stays decent! I always figure if theres snow on the mountains its probably time!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: When will you start? - 10/03/19 01:53 AM

Got 2 nuisance beaver spots to set up tomorrow.....been a while since my last catches. Beaver Bucks !!!
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: When will you start? - 10/03/19 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by jabNE
Jim

I with Jim..... I usually lay some steel around the Thanksgiving holiday. Maybe the flooding and mud will be gone by then !!!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: When will you start? - 10/03/19 02:58 AM

Im gonna set a few for yotes in a couple weeks .

Cat season is dec 1st
Posted By: Nd native

Re: When will you start? - 10/03/19 01:54 PM

Two weeks for me and I'll get after it. Coyotes are a toss between poor heavies and good semis mid october here based on my experience. Bigger coon are also slates or better. Smalls are blue as blue. Either way, it's a hobby for me and first it needs to quit raining so I can actually get in the fields to trap. Mid october to early November coon averaged me almost 12 dollars with 100 percent clearance. So I'll take that. Coyotes went about average as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums