Home

My Beto rifle

Posted By: James

My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:05 AM

My Beto rifle is on its way. https://www.cabelas.com/product/rock-river-lar15-predator-5-56-nato/3304989.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DGunLibrary%26Ntt%3Drock%252Briver%252Barms%252Bpredator%252Bpursuit%26x%3D29%26y%3D13&Ntt=rock+river+arms+predator+pursuit

It is soon to take its place in gun safe Number 2, alongside my Obama rifle (a Sig Sauer 556). Whenever a gun-grabber makes threats, I like to buy a gun they don't like in their honor.

Cabela's has a pretty good deal for buying guns from the internet. In this case, a Cabela's in Alabama is shipping the rifle to the Cabela's in Anchorage, at a cost to me of $25. When the gun arrives, I can inspect it, negotiate price, and buy it here with no FFL background check fee.

Jim
Posted By: Zim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:22 AM

Holy smokes, that is a lot of percent's.

Zim
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:25 AM

It's like the Twilight Zone! confused

Chris

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:29 AM

I don't know why that link didn't copy.

Jim
Posted By: Osky

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:31 AM

James did you happen to find one of those obscure sale ads I told you about?

Osky

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:36 AM

Nope.

Jim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:39 AM

James, I am 50% sure that I used to have a Rock River Predator Pursuit but it was lost in an unfortunate boating accident
with Osky, Steven49er and or Trapper Les somewhere in northern Minnysoota.

Zim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
James, I am 50% sure that I used to have a Rock River Predator Pursuit but it was lost in an unfortunate boating accident

Zim

A day I will never forget. Some guide I turned out to be eh?

Osky
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:55 AM

JAMES- Try the below link

Cabella's gun sale
Posted By: adam m

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:55 AM

Sweet.
I still have about 7 weeks for my no Beto lower from PSA
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:13 AM

Congrats James, Rock River makes some fine firearms.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

A day I will never forget. Some guide I turned out to be eh?

Osky

Loosing Les was a bit upsetting (you know no Les - no more) but was good to see he drifted back to Williams.
Where has the old feller been any who?

Zim
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:29 AM

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Dang James. Does that rifle have a " heartbeat" grin

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:38 AM

Maybe, Bucks. It doesn't have a soul because it ain't a wood stock, but it may have a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if the Predator is the same as the Predator Pursuit?

Jim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:49 AM

Jim, my Predator Pursuit is all stainless, 20" semi bull barrel, 223 Wylde chamber. I bought it the year before Obama became President.
Very accurate rifle, I put a 2.5x10 Nikon Monarch scope on it. The drawback is it weighs 9 pounds or so with a loaded 10
round magazine. I thought the Predator was a .243 or 6.5 something or other.

Zim
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 03:22 AM

Sorry Zim, I couldn't have been with. A sighting of the 49er in a boat is very rare and picture worthy. Real men ice fish lol.

I have two beto rifles on the way. Well one is here, I have to pick it up, I ordered a kit from PSA to finish of a lower I purchased earlier. I have another complete being made by a MN gunsmith.

I'm pretty sure both of them will get dropped down the ice hole this winter. We'll shot them ice holes in DC we mean business lol.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 03:32 AM

Here ya on the hard water, at least to a point Steven.
Your affliction to open water is understandable as you boys only get about 2 months per year of it up there.
I have always said if you see me swimming, something has gone terribly wrong.
The wife and I put together a kit from PSA a couple months back. Turned out way better
than I thought it would be. It was quite economical until I decided I needed a fancy electronic scope for it.
Now I can't remember where that one is either.

Zim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 04:09 AM

MN legalized thermal scopes this year. I can see it's going to be an expensive one before it's over.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 04:57 AM

If Trump loses--which I think is a better-than fifty percent probability--the new Democrat president will likely try to ban these guns.

Steven, we are buying into the teeth of a possible ban. We must be confident of the inevitability of canoe accidents,

Jim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 09:58 AM

James in the event I think the POTUS is seriously vulnerable I'll be stocking up on 80 percent lowers

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by James
If Trump loses--which I think is a better-than fifty percent probability--the new Democrat president will likely try to ban these guns.

Steven, we are buying into the teeth of a possible ban. We must be confident of the inevitability of canoe accidents,

Jim

Why now Counselor, are you proffering a wager? Again?

Osky
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Real men ice fish lol.

I tried that once. My crankbaits would bounce off the hard water and go skittering across the ice...

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 11:42 AM

Cutting a big enough hole to put the boat in is a lot of work too.

Zim
Posted By: trapper les

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

Zim

I still have mine lost somewhere too, lol.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:19 PM

I believe Beito is a hired gun for the gun industry to boost sales, don't quote me though.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 01:41 PM

Jim

I don’t own a canoe or even a boat. At my old age, two important things to me are my dogs and guns. From my cold dead hands...and I hope it never happens but if it does, that is the way it’s going to be.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 02:15 PM

Hmmm. I’d better buy some goggles and flippers. There’s going to be a whole lot of bounty money on the bottom of these lakes.

Osky

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 07:31 PM

Jim

Why now Counselor, are you proffering a wager? Again?

Osky

I've already made that bet with Nessmuk.

Jim
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 07:49 PM

My Beto rifle is on its way. https

It is soon to take its place in gun safe Number 2, alongside my Obama rifle (a Sig Sauer 556). Whenever a gun-grabber makes threats, I like to buy a gun they don't like in their honor.

Jim

What a side steppin typical lawyer double talker.If you knew your messiah obummer was such a gun grabber,,that you went and bought a gun,,then why did you vote for him.Either your a liar or a dummy.Maybe both.You even said that in 2020 you would vote for any democrat with a pulse.Do you think your fooling anyone in here with your BS.Dip Stick Jimmy.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 09:35 PM

I understand it is what you wanted and still not Beto approved , but you do understand it is a Featureless Clinton ban approved rifle.

no threaded barrel
no Bayonet lug
no adjustable stock
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/05/19 10:56 PM

Hmmm. I’d better buy some goggles and flippers. There’s going to be a whole lot of bounty money on the bottom of these lakes.

Osky

I already got all that dive stuff and metal detector, I'm going to buy some stock in Cosmoline that is where my money is going....As for guns? not sure? can't remember so many things any more it scares me????

Mac

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I understand it is what you wanted and still not Beto approved , but you do understand it is a Featureless Clinton ban approved rifle.

no threaded barrel
no Bayonet lug
no adjustable stock

True, but Beto doesn't want me to have it anyway. It's a weapon of war.

I thought the Clinton ban applied to rifles like the Predator.

Jim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 04:04 AM

I like the name of Predator for a rifle, no beatin around the bush there.
I still will always accept aught 6 and thutty thutty, too.

Zim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 11:10 AM

The aught 6 is a great round. I have two.

This thread is about my recent acquisition of a weapon of war

The tough part was whether I should hold out for a full-auto with a suppressor and bayonet mount. And an AR-10.

If anyone could turn out an AR-10 that shoots 7mm-08, instead of .308, I'd be all over it. I think the 7mm is a better choice for that case size.

Jim

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 11:49 AM

C'mon James Google is your friend. Of course someone makes a 7mm08 on an AR platform. Not going to be cheap though

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 12:16 PM

Oh, you're going to get me in trouble. Truth is, I've recently bought several rifles, and She-who-must-be-obeyed is fit to be tied.

But a 7mm-08 on an AR platform! What do you reckon it would cost?

Jim
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 12:39 PM

just cause your cooking your own breakfast now doesn't mean anybody else ought to. now you made a suggestion for a scary looking rifle I think I might like.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 12:48 PM

Oh, you're going to get me in trouble. Truth is, I've recently bought several rifles, and She-who-must-be-obeyed is fit to be tied.

But a 7mm-08 on an AR platform! What do you reckon it would cost?

Jim

They do make a 7 James a business partner of mine has one. He had it made in the Carolinas I think. I have never been with him when it's been used however. As far as cost I don't know, he has no limit to what he can and does spend on guns.

Osky
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 12:50 PM

anybody know anything about these guys?

http://mcgowenbarrel.com/product-category/prefit-barrels/ar-prefit/

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 08:19 PM

I think I'd like a .284 on that AR platform.
Posted By: garymc

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 09:44 PM

Precision firearms 7mm08 a bit pricy but they make good stuff. I had one of their 6.5 Grendel uppers. It took awhile to get, but it was a shooter.

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/48m8/completed-rifles/pf-7mm-08-rifles.html
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/06/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

no threaded barrel
no Bayonet lug
no adjustable stock

True, but Beto doesn't want me to have it anyway. It's a weapon of war.

I thought the Clinton ban applied to rifles like the Predator.

Jim

Nope, you could have bought the Predator 1994 to 2004 same as a 30-30 lever gun. slick willy approved of your rifle so long as it was fed with 10 rounders and pre ban standard capacity mags or he did in 1994 , circa 2019 Trumps State of the union sounded an awful lot of the same words in the same order with the same meaning delivered in 1995, but in 2019 the same words were booed by the same people who cheered in 1995. so we can see how things have slid down that slippery slope.

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/07/19 12:59 AM

So this rifle I posted about is at least fifteen years old?

Thanks for the links and references about the 7mm-08, guys. I'm going to have to wait a while yet.

Jim
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: My Beto rifle - 10/07/19 02:11 AM

Maybe, Bucks. It doesn't have a soul because it ain't a wood stock, but it may have a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if the Predator is the same as the Predator Pursuit?

Jim

No wood no soul. Sure is scary to some though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums