Home

Swaging/ bench mount tool

Posted By: SGT. C

Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 12:36 AM

For you that use one. Which one do you recommend? I normally just pound on ferrules. But I'm looking to mount one in my work shop. I'm usually up between 3-4 am and it's not wise to be pounding at that time. Happy wife, happy life. Thanks, Sarge
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 12:51 AM

I have a big red snare press but I believe those are discontinued.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:00 AM

I have a big bench mounted one I bought from RAlly and love it!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:15 AM

Google them you can find them for under $90 shipped. They all work about the same on aluminum stops.

https://www.amazon.com/Swaging-Cavi...hy=9017856&hvtargid=pla-833633159244
Posted By: canecutter

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:16 AM

The one I have I think ADC posted a link for it a few year`s back . Made like the red one`s the supply Dealer`s have listed accept mine is blue and was a LOTTTTTTT cheaper . It has served me well and quite as a mouse .

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by canecutter
The one I have I think ADC posted a link for it a few year`s back . Made like the red one`s the supply Dealer`s have listed accept mine is blue and was a LOTTTTTTT cheaper . It has served me well and quite as a mouse .

Yep. Click here.

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:25 AM

Yep , that`s it .
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:45 AM

Appreciate the help. Will get one soon. Sarge
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:24 AM

I've got this one. Works great.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:27 AM

I have the version of that one from 40 years ago still using it and I'm hard on equipment.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:44 AM

Just clicked the confirm payment button
Posted By: mainer

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 03:54 AM

I've had my eye on this exact one for about a month now; just wasn't sure about the quality. I've always wanted to get the Loos bench model 1-BSC, but can't justify $400+ for my limited use. Good thread!
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 10:42 AM

ADC, I have a question. I had a hand held swagger in my cart at our tractor supply store, looking at it the bit or tool end looked the same as the link you posted. My question is it seems to be made for single hole cable stops not 2 hole figure 8 ferrules. Do you just crimp from sides to pinch both leads of cable? Can one crimp a slip loop with this? I want one for sure as having to use 1 hand while holding cable in place helps. We use more and more cable trapping every season. I find myself making lock cables for game cameras, tree stands, feeders, use it at work for tractor hitch pins, security needs and such.

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 11:09 AM

It will do both single and double ferrel`s , on a double just position the hole`s one in each jaw opening when crimping ..

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 01:03 PM

It will do both single and double ferrel`s , on a double just position the hole`s one in each jaw opening when crimping ..

X2 up and down, not across. I would put the money from the hand held one towards a bench mount. So much easier to use without any special rigging.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:08 PM

Law Dog. Probably has held up because it was made at least 40 yrs ago.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 080808
Law Dog. Probably has held up because it was made at least 40 yrs ago.

For sure I crush nuts with the tip and have for years.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/06/19 02:12 PM

Wish I would have known about this a year ago, I bought a fancy red one. sick
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/07/19 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

X2 up and down, not across. I would put the money from the hand held one towards a bench mount. So much easier to use without any special rigging.

So crimping on the sides of the ferrule, got it. I will order the bench mount. I will use 3/8 bolts and wing nuts to make it semi permanent.
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/07/19 01:00 AM

Mine is blue and bought in Amazon for about 80.00. Wonderful tool
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/07/19 01:12 AM

Dale
Get the electric fence swager at Tractor Supply for bout $50 then make the benchtop holder for it
Then you can use it in any situation
It has 4 different size holes, for a variety of diameters
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Swaging/ bench mount tool - 10/07/19 01:15 AM

I bought ,one because I didn't like hammering ferrels. Just didn't look good to me. I like the looks of the swaging tool, bench model, and now make all my own extension cables, cable stakes and cable restraint. I love it and it will more than pay for itself in my lifetime.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums