Posted By: IdahoRoger

How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 09:12 PM

A new scope on your favorite rifle.
A warm fire on a cold day.
Left overs warmed on the wood stove.
Dancing with a pretty young lady.

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 09:20 PM

A young pup on his way to becoming your best friend, his whole world revolves around you.
Posted By: imissed

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 09:52 PM

Waking up everyday!! laugh
Posted By: Osky

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by IdahoRoger
A new scope on your favorite rifle.
A warm fire on a cold day.
Left overs warmed on the wood stove.
Dancing with a pretty young lady.

Yup

Osky
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by imissed
Waking up everyday!! laugh

Yep , waking up with no dirt in my face

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 10:03 PM

A long drink of cold well water on a hot day.
Posted By: M.S. Pickins

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 10:11 PM

A good smoke after a hearty meal.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 10:31 PM

A wonderful Savior!
A great wife!
A good farm!
Getting to hunt fish and trap.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/09/19 10:39 PM

Retired you guys said every day is Saturday. IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:11 AM

My two young grandsons, 3 & 4, who always make me laugh. God is good!
Posted By: Zim

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:28 AM

Best wife in the world, way better than I deserve.
Living in the country, shooting, growing and trapping stuff.
Rooster reminding me it is morning and no one close enough to complain about it.
Cutting wood and noticing how much more work it is as I age.
Smelling Hoppes No.9 and thinking it has not changed a bit in 60 years.
Daylight breaking, be it in the woods, on the water, or at work.
Living in the greatest country in the world.
Many other things too.

Zim
Posted By: Bob

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:33 AM

Mowing the lawn on a nice summer morning
Sitting on a boulder atop a mountain, taking in the nature sights, sounds, and smells
A hot cup of coffee on a brisk morning on my way to check coyote traps
Grabbing my old rifle with its old scope and knowing it always hits what I want it to
Wondering if my kids faces will split if they smile any bigger when we catch a coyote
Posted By: mnsota

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:35 AM

Living in the greatest country in the world.

There is a bingo!
Posted By: jabNE

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:40 AM

Love my job, love my family, friends, traveling, and I love my hobbies.
Jim
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:45 AM

Retired at 54....do what I want, when I want. Hunt and trap every day of season. Five little grandsons to entertain me.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 01:46 AM

I enjoy my life.......one day at a time.
Posted By: adam m

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 02:16 AM

one day at a time, find the good moments even in the "bad/hard" times.
Posted By: Muddawg

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 02:18 AM

Funny you should ask. I do ADC work for a living. That means I'm trapping squirrels, coons, possums, snakes, coyotes, beaver, pigeons and whatever someone is having problems with. So... What do I do when I'm taking vacation?

I take 9 or 10 days off every January, go down to my hunting camp, and run a trap line!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 02:32 AM

Freedom.
Posted By: snowy

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 02:54 AM

I do what I want to and when I want too. Last year I logged around 320 days fishing, hunting, trapping and being in the back country & on track for those numbers this year. I try not to do any scheduling but I am on a few boards and volunteer groups that make that impossible to live by. Just live and don't worry about anything any more.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 03:09 AM

The first cup of coffee with my beautiful wife every morning
Watching the sun come up on a spring morning surrounded by calves while filling a water tank
A giant standing dead elm, a sharp chain, and a perfect swing with a splitting maul.
The smell of a dead bull elk on the side of a mountain on a crisp fall morning
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
Mowing the lawn on a nice summer morning
Sitting on a boulder atop a mountain, taking in the nature sights, sounds, and smells
A hot cup of coffee on a brisk morning on my way to check coyote traps
Grabbing my old rifle with its old scope and knowing it always hits what I want it to
Wondering if my kids faces will split if they smile any bigger when we catch a coyote

Perfect
Posted By: star flakes

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 03:14 AM

pleasing God.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaw99
The
A giant standing dead elm, a sharp chain, and a perfect swing with a splitting maul.

Wait.....you split ELM ....and with a maul?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by star flakes
pleasing God.

+1
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 10:40 AM

I love life ,having medical issue gives you a better understanding of what's really important in life family ,friends , the woods ,trapping ,hunting ,I just try to make the most out of every day I still have on this great earth , smile
Posted By: MB750

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 10:49 AM

Stopping by to help out a friend.
Mowing the local cemetery, just to talk to some people I once knew.
Dropped by my daughter's house last night, just to tell her I love her.
Pretty much just doing what I want to like I have these last 71+ years.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Outlaw99
The

Wait.....you split ELM ....and with a maul?

Lol, start it with a maul, finish with a wedge!
Posted By: BradinNY

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:04 AM

hunting, fishing and adding trapping to that list this year. I love putting on winter gear and going outside in the middle of the nastiest snow storms and blizzards, not sure why but its very calming to me. I love the roar of a sprint car engine. I like cooking food and watching others enjoy it.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by BradinNY
hunting, fishing and adding trapping to that list this year. I love putting on winter gear and going outside in the middle of the nastiest snow storms and blizzards, not sure why but its very calming to me. I love the roar of a sprint car engine. I like cooking food and watching others enjoy it.

That sounds like a lot of guys I know. Glad you didn't say long walks on the beach, that would have revoked the man card....
Posted By: GRIZ

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:32 AM

I just enjoy life. I have a wonderful family good friends and a bad day in the woods or on the water is better than a good good day at work

My boss took me up on a Canadian fishing trip one time in the northern part of Canada and I told him well a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work oh he told me was a good thing we’re fishing LOL
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:44 AM

All awesome replies,,,and I totally enjoy raising my 5 yr old. Its extremely rewarding!!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:49 AM

mostly enjoying what the good lord has given my family to enjoy life.

have 50 acres my family moved to in the late 1880's that i've spent the last 4 or 5 yrs turnin into my playground.thanx god
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:51 AM

I enjoy life by appreciating and utilizing the abilities I still have at this point in my life. By sharing the joys and sorrows that come along the way with family and friends. By helping those in need and knowing when to back off. Work and play within the parameters life has given me and try to focus on the positives. Keeping in touch regularly with loved ones who are nearing the end of the road and keeping those who have passed close to my heart. And knowing when to let some things go when I know I have absolutely no control over the situation.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 11:55 AM

By knowing, without a doubt, I will spend the majority of my life with my Savior, Lord Jesus. This short time I have on Earth, I constantly give Him thanks for everything. I learn to count it a blessing as I go through struggles because I know the reward will be worth it all. I enjoy this life by watching others begin to understand the love and compassion Jesus Christ has for us all. I relish in His awesome creation daily. From the sunrise He gives us to the pouring down rain and winter storms - I give thanks. I stand in awe and amazement at how wonderful my Savior truly is in allowing us each our next breath.....
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 12:04 PM

I love waking up every morning and realizing I have a beautiful wife and 3 healthy kids that God has blessed me with. Being "Dad" is the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Coaching 7-8 yr old football, and basketball and having a chance to make a difference in other kids lives. I love sitting in a deer stand waiting on the sun to come up, and now I'm getting to enjoy that with the kids also. Putting the boat on the water at daybreak. Pulling up on a coyote trying to rotate the earth he's pulling so hard on the chain. I actually enjoy coming in after a hard day at work and realizing I'm earning my family's living the right way. Going to talk with my dad everyday if just for a minute. Sunday dinners with the family. Church.Heck I just enjoy life altogether. Blessed man I am
Posted By: Kart29

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 12:06 PM

Lots of good ideas on here. I especially enjoy watching my sons grow up. I enjoy seeing them do or say something I taught them.

But I'm also reminded of something C.S. Lewis said: “God can't give us peace and happiness apart from Himself because there is no such thing.”

The more I experience in life, the more I see this to be true.
Posted By: coalbank

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 12:10 PM

Listening for a gobble. Making calls. Making them gobble with the calls. Setting traps for days in a row is pure enjoyment. The skinning not quite as much. I enjoy dropping the off with a handler if one has enlisted. Listening to hounds run a track is special. Growing things, dogs, birds, foxes, garden and trees. Have not had the foxes for years, but oh the joy they brought.

Helping new trappers has much joy in it. When they call with that 1st coyote catch, to share in thier joy is priceless.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/10/19 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by coalbank
. . . Helping new trappers has much joy in it. When they call with that 1st coyote catch, to share in thier joy is priceless.

Exactly!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/11/19 02:36 AM

Just one day at a time

Bryce
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/11/19 03:15 AM

If I wake up in the morning,,I take it from there. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/11/19 03:36 AM

Retired two years ago, thought I had it all planned out. God has once again proven to me that I'm not in charge. You'd think I would have learned by now considering all the blessings He has provided me and my family over the years. Three months ago, I got the dreaded "c" diagnosis. I thought I would melt down but by His grace, I'm enjoying life more than I ever have.
It's a shame on my part that I've taken so many things for granted, but here we are. My grandmother always said, live life with no regrets. I now know what she meant.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: How do you enjoy life? - 10/11/19 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
Retired two years ago, thought I had it all planned out. God has once again proven to me that I'm not in charge. You'd think I would have learned by now considering all the blessings He has provided me and my family over the years. Three months ago, I got the dreaded "c" diagnosis. I thought I would melt down but by His grace, I'm enjoying life more than I ever have.
It's a shame on my part that I've taken so many things for granted, but here we are. My grandmother always said, live life with no regrets. I now know what she meant.

Ive been alive with it for almost 10 yrs. it is what it is. When they gave that diagnosis I figured I was dead in a yr. Not yet
© 2024 Trapperman Forums