Home

Who are you selling to?

Posted By: okcoonhunter

Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:15 PM

I'm going to open this can of worms if it hasn't already been discussed. If it has then ignore and direct me to the thread please. FHA, Groenwald, country buyer or dare I say NAFA?
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:19 PM

Local association sale in febuary
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:20 PM

^^ This^^
Posted By: Rock Creek 1

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:23 PM

Country buyer
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:31 PM

I guess country buyer, unless I find a diffent way to go. I may try fha. Wish Groenwald had a stop close to here.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:31 PM

Country Buyer. In my new place I am just not going to be able to get set up to put up fur this year. I have the space but just don't have the cash to restart up on all of it. Plus I can just concentrate on the trapping that's really what i like. I don't really enjoy putting up fur too much.
Posted By: conibearguy

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:37 PM

Country buyer most likely
Posted By: hippie

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:37 PM

Haven't trapped the last couple years since the flood of ranch fur, but I'm getting itchy to trap again.
I'll sell to Groeny. If Dutch was still kicking, I'd be at a sale he would be at.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I guess country buyer, unless I find a diffent way to go. I may try fha. Wish Groenwald had a stop close to here.

You can ship to Groeny, and if you don't like the price they'll ship them back on their dime.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 08:07 PM

Groeny depending how close they come to me but mostly a country buyer but last year he was slow to show up and Groeny was looking for coons. Nothing I hate more then to get that painful look from a buyer then hear about how many coons he has in other places that he can't sell! Make me an offer I can't do anything about what you already bought.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 08:10 PM

i'm BATMAN
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm BATMAN

Yes you have said this.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm BATMAN

Able to leap small curbs in a single stumble! Batman HD 4.0

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 09:16 PM

Probably not NAFA
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 09:22 PM

End users

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bowwhitetail
Probably not NAFA

coward

and i've been dieting and workin out Lawdog since that
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:16 PM

Country buyer here. Been dealing with him for over 30 years. Good guy and friend
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:27 PM

Groenwald come within 15 miles of my home 3 times a year. Some to them last year and they paid what I expected for the market and never had a recall on one of those checks.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:28 PM

NAFA and maybe some to the Colorado sale
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:31 PM

I may send beaver to nafa...

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:36 PM

Nunia
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:37 PM

Fortunately, I live in an area where I still have options. That makes a difference. Local buyer will get my beaver and most likely my castor. Coyotes, foxes, and coons at the state association auction. Some on the taxidermy market. I'll be watching to see what Groeny is paying on rats and coons this season. Sold my rats to him last season, and think he did me right.
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 10:50 PM

Pcr2
You are right I may be a coward. But I will be a coward with a good check. Lol
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 11:43 PM

nafa
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 11:46 PM

Greenwood. The stop is only 10 miles from me. It's usually mid day, so I just take an early lunch hour and eat on the way there.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/10/19 11:46 PM

Groeny rocks
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by thedude055
Country Buyer. In my new place I am just not going to be able to get set up to put up fur this year. I have the space but just don't have the cash to restart up on all of it. Plus I can just concentrate on the trapping that's really what i like. I don't really enjoy putting up fur too much.

Do you have many options for country buyers that buy carcass or green goods? Last time I looked, the buyer options in the State of Washington was rather limited. Just curious.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:13 AM

The last two seasons I sold to furriers. The first one was referred to me by my taxidermist who I also sell furs to. The second approached me about purchasing my furs after seeing my “End of the Line” photo.

I am really hoping to go this route again this season.

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
Groeny rocks

And his checks won't bounce! Mostly, because they are so small.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Chuckles84
Groeny rocks

And his checks won't bounce! Mostly, because they are so small.

I have been happy with the amounts so far. Two years ago guys where talking about their rat average from NAFA which at first glance were higher than mine from groeny until you took out NAFA's fees and then their average and mine where within 10-20 cents of each other. And I didnt have to wait for years for all my fur to sell. This is just my opinion your mileage may vary.

Bottom line is if your happy with what your buyer pays then that is all that matters.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:47 AM

Wiebke.

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 01:16 AM

Just because groeny matches his competitors low price, does not warrent a Groeny Rock!
Posted By: jeremy_424

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 01:19 AM

Local buyer
Posted By: K52

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 02:08 AM

Been better places to sell rats than NAFA the past few years. I think a lot of guys just put whatever in the bag and throw it on the truck to NAFA mainly because it was convenient for them. I have found other buyers to ship to or drive aways and sell some fur. Different furs go different places selling 100% , no buy backs or PT sales, and no bounced checks. If a guy is willing to check around there are plenty of places to sell to that will match or do better than what you get at auction.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 02:22 AM

Groney did me good on rats with a $4.90 cent average. But he sucked on the coyotes I had.
I won't trap coon until some time In Nov and I won't be skinning anything less then a 3x. I have a control job to catch some rats and I know I'm going to get a $10.00 nose count.
But I will send some fur to NAFA.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 03:03 AM

We don't have local association sales anymore so NAFA and GFW figure into the mix. Much will be determined by the size of the harvest for me.

Bryce
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 03:16 AM

Colorado sale on most of it is my plan this year, but I’ll sell some in the contry
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 11:16 AM

FHA for Beaver
NAFA (pending outcome of there banking move) for Coyote

Still have not figured out where the Coon, Rats, Mink and Otter will go make the call when shipping gets closer.

Still have R Fox at both auction houses so going to try some wall hangers this year.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 11:20 AM

Zander

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 11:23 AM

Crum
Posted By: Creek

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 11:29 AM

I wish fur Harvesters had a route down this way,
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 11:40 AM

'Rats to Wiebke in LaCrosse.

Mink and beaver to the hoop for the rendezvous trade and indoor shows.

2XL 'Coon and up to Groenewold. XL and smaller will be turned into Davy Crockett hats and sold at rondy and indoor shows.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 12:57 PM

Groenewold will get our business again this year. Depending on our numbers we might try to sell a little fur at the state auction, never done that before
Posted By: novatrapper01

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 01:06 PM

1/2 to nafa and 1/2 to fur harvesters.
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 02:05 PM

Probably NAFA, Groeny may be stopping not too far away in NY, might check him out as well?
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Who are you selling to? - 10/11/19 04:34 PM

Sold some last year to Trevor Barnes, Groenewold, Association auction and local buyer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums