Home

Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet?

Posted By: PA.Trapper

Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/10/19 10:20 PM

Any archery hunters out there in Trapperman land connect on a deer yet ? Let's see some pics.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/10/19 10:42 PM

Venango county?? You aint buddies with that minkless character are you?? No deer here yet.

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/10/19 10:46 PM

Well, he is my county leader for the pa.trappers.we only live about 20-25 minutes apart but I only see him at trappers meetings. I haven't even been in a tree yet this week. I've been taking advantage of the nice weather to get projects wrapped up so I can get serious about filling the freezer. I have the last 2 weeks of season scheduled off.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:01 AM

Just started hunting. I am not a open day hunter I like to wait until it gets a little colder. If I get lucky enough to connect I will put pictures. Purchased 1 antlerless tag and my regular Mn. archery tag.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:12 AM

Good luck to ya guys.
I hope to be able to get out next week.

Zim
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:12 AM

Did some target shooting today. Be a couple weeks before I get after that big one.
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by PA.Trapper
Well, he is my county leader for the pa.trappers.we only live about 20-25 minutes apart but I only see him at trappers meetings. I haven't even been in a tree yet this week. I've been taking advantage of the nice weather to get projects wrapped up so I can get serious about filling the freezer. I have the last 2 weeks of season scheduled off.

Lucky you! Just kidding of course. Jim had a lot to do with me being a trapper. He has helped me a lot through the years with more than just trapping. ONE GOOD GUY!
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:50 AM

Naw. Ain't even went. Nothing good on cams and it's been too hot anyway. Supposed to be a big cool down tomorrow so maybe this weekend.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 12:50 AM

Not mine but here's a couple pictures my buddies have shared with me. Just you typical Iowa deer. laugh I'm planning on getting after them very soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowy

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 01:04 AM

Those are some good ones.
Posted By: BIG DOG 1

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:09 AM

First evening hunt in Indiana

Attached picture IMG_20191005_203656.jpg

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:11 AM

Very nice buck, big dog.

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:19 AM

thanks snowy, It was a good day!!

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by BIG DOG 1
thanks snowy, It was a good day!!

Looks like an evening sit. Have a story to go along with that good looking buck.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Not mine but here's a couple pictures my buddies have shared with me. Just you typical Iowa deer. laugh I'm planning on getting after them very soon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice!!
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 03:55 AM

[Linked Image]
Biggest deer I seen this year!

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 04:02 AM

It just feels great to have a plan come together, which includes putting in food plots and preseason scouting and checking out those cameras, I didnt make it to my treestand, was sitting on the ground by some pine trees waiting on the does to go by and he showed. theres allways a little luck involved.

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 10:22 AM

Very nice deer and elk fellas, congratulations to all. I'm just wishing it would cool down a bit so it feels like Archery season.keep those pics coming.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 10:35 AM

Just a small doe - veal of the forest.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/11/19 11:18 AM

Was gifted one. No pics, it looks like meat. Only change from normal is, it is triple wrapped from a pro processor. Early meat.
Having smoked loin today.
Posted By: 653

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/14/19 07:51 PM

[Linked Image]
1st backstraps of the year!!
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/14/19 09:23 PM

I got a doe opening week in Illinois and my buddy took this nice buck Saturday [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/14/19 09:39 PM

Was the buck from Illinois also RM?

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 12:07 AM

Very nice. Congrats to all
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 12:42 AM

Got a doe Thursday morning. No buck yet.

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 12:46 AM

Some great success and some good looking deer!

Been hunting this buck and his buddy from the opener and spent about 22 days hunting them and it finally came together. I seen all their tricks and habits and was close many times but just didn't happen till one morning.
About 8am I got an arrow in him and after following a good blood trail I stopped following it after 60 yards or so. I decided to go up high and see if I couldn't spot him. I did and the better buck was with him and they bedded down together. After about an hour the coyotes got the hit buck up and he was raking his horns to avoid the yotes. After that both bucks moved up the canyon and bedded once again. About noon the yotes where back and the buck that was with the arrowed buck decided to leave. The hit buck stood up and watched him leave then finally laid back down. I finally got over to him (that is another story) and got another arrow in him at 35 yards. He never knew I was there and was pretty sick by mid afternoon. My first arrow clipped one lung and got some lower gut. He wouldn't score very well at all but a good buck for me (26"w x 20"h). I generally get my archery buck each year and
this one had more of a story to share. I like to find a buck before the season starts and try to pursue that animal. Most years it will take 20 to 40 days of hunting to get that animal. I like the challenge in hunting that way and some years it just doesn't work out to get the one I want. I had 8 miles on my phone when I finally got back to the truck to go home. I had to make two trips in and out to get all the meat out , I always hunt solo, so it takes more work. LOL [Linked Image]

Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 01:22 AM

Got a small lope with my bow on a solo camp out hunt. The goat is ok,but the best part of the hunt was camping out in the middle of nowhere. Not a light on the horizon or anything else in the sky at nite but stars. I just sat in my chair at nite when it got really really dark and took it all in. Maybe next year I'll have a chance at a little bit bigger goat, but as long as it's on the dark moon I'll just enjoy the sky and camp out! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 02:33 AM

Excellent NBCM!
That breakfast looks smile
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 02:42 AM

. [Linked Image]
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 02:50 AM

Killed this buck my first evening in the stand. Sept 7. Nice cool front, he and the buck he had been traveling with came down the trail picture perfect. The other was a pretty velvet 8 pt, but this is the one I was after. 15 steps away, sent a Swhacker through his rib cage. Just one of those hunts that came together.

John

Great pics! Love that wide Muley snowy, congrats!

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 11:01 AM

Very nice fellas. Keep up the good work. Good eats

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by MT bowhunter

[Linked Image]
Biggest deer I seen this year!

Nice!!

Re: Anybody have any luck archery hunting yet? - 10/15/19 03:04 PM

Awesome hunting guys!