Home

True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions

Posted By: Ouananiche

True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/12/19 02:21 PM

True story.
My father was a career police officer here in Ontario Canada. After decades on the streets he rose to be the President and CAO of the PAO (Police Association of Ontario).
In that position, and as an outdoorsman, he reached out to a friend Bob Izumi a famed Canadian fisherman.
Together they started a program. In partnership with Canadian Tire, that would bring inner city youth out to fish ponds alongside police officers. Getting kids out of the city and helping build a positive relationship between inner city youth and officers.
The program is still around http://kidsandcops.ca now called “Kids, Cops and Canadian Tire Fishing Days”
Bob is still a good family friend to this day.

PETA, for their part, felt that this program was teaching children cruelty to animals by practicing catch and release fishing, desensitizing children to mutilating animals by teaching them to love fishing and the outdoors.
They sued my father and the program for millions.
Thankfully the story is short and a judge told them to bugger off and tossed the case immediately.

A great example of how insane groups like PETA are.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/12/19 02:42 PM

PETA is a domestic terrorist group.

They will lie, cheat and steal to forward their agenda.

They will make false claims to law enforcement and licensing boards in their attempts to pursue their radical agenda.

Yet no one will stand up to them and counter-sue or hold them accountable for their crimes.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/12/19 05:00 PM

CoonsBane: You just described the Democrat party.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/12/19 05:01 PM

Don't know what it's called, but you can counter sue yo-yo's like that to recover cost's, lawyer fees and damages. PETA/HSUS has been reamed for a lot of money over the years.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/13/19 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by bfflobo

grin
Posted By: nimzy

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/13/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by bfflobo

grin

Luckily ur not from California
Posted By: Ouananiche

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/13/19 01:15 AM

Side note. Do programs like that exist in your areas? It’s been a great success here.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: True Story -PETA sued my Dad for millions - 10/13/19 01:45 AM

Thanks I was wondering what you were referring to in your post the other day. More of us should push programs like your dad created. You should be proud.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums