Home

Penn state

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Penn state - 10/13/19 12:58 AM

It’s a decent game at least Iowa is staying close.
Posted By: Hern

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 12:37 PM

Always a tough game for both teams.
Enjoyed watching.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 01:12 PM

Penn State not only had to overcome a good Iowa team, they had to overcome some questionable officiating.
Posted By: mikeinpa

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 02:45 PM

Boy I sure hope they get honest refs for the Ohio st game.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 03:08 PM

You have to blame someon for lack of talent I might as well be the Zebras. Not sure If or when these teams play The WI Badgers but be ready for a butt whopping.

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 04:28 PM

Beav, not a lack of talent, PSU won in spite of questionable calls. Wisconsin looks pretty good thus far.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 04:38 PM

I really think if the t.v. booth official could've swore on the td callback he would have. I want to know what they were looking at in replay, because everyone and their brother could see it was a td. Well except the official who made the replay call.

PSU won in spite of the officials.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Penn state - 10/13/19 08:47 PM

Iowa ALWAYS plays TOUGH!

and yes, that was a touchdown.

on the other hand, I felt SURE (even though it didn't look intentional), that they were going to enforce the targeting call.

as Joe used to say: you have to play well enough to overcome bad calls. Last night, they did!

Re: Penn state - 10/14/19 12:49 AM

I didnt see much of the second half, I fell asleep, but what I did see of the game I would say penn state and Wisconsin are probably the two best in the big ten what I have seen of ohio state I haven’t been overly impressed.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Penn state - 10/14/19 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
I didnt see much of the second half, I fell asleep, but what I did see of the game I would say penn state and Wisconsin are probably the two best in the big ten what I have seen of ohio state I haven’t been overly impressed.

Ohio State is a better team than Penn State this year.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401112256

I think Ohio State is better this year than last.

I suspect with the game being at Ohio State, that Ohio State will readily beat Penn State this year. Next year, If Ohio State does not lose to many key players to the NFL, they should be really good.

Keith

Re: Penn state - 10/14/19 01:21 AM

I don’t know too many teams that go into the horseshoe and have an easy time, I have some feelings about players leaving and going to the NFL, but hopefully they can keep them so they do get better it only helps the Midwest teams. Otherwise all you here about is the SEC and players go there because they think the big10 and big 12 are second class conferences.

Re: Penn state - 10/14/19 12:35 PM

Yeah, I would expect the Buckeyes to blow the doors off Penn State at the Horseshoe after all the experts picked Penn State to be 8 and 4 this year. A team always loses some of their best players to the Pros each year the thing that worries me more is how many players will transfer to another school. In many cases a player no longer loses a year of eligibility and doesn't have to wait a year to play for another team.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums