Home

Trump to blame for obesity

Posted By: corky

Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 01:09 PM

LOL

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...ck-womens-weight-problems-professor-says
Posted By: mainer

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 02:33 PM

It’s literally that the racism that you’re experiencing and the struggle to make ends meet actually means the diet don’t work for you the same.” Brittney Cooper, Assistant Professor at Rutgers University.

Ah yes, the face and voice of affirmative action hires in the academy today.
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 06:53 PM

Oh, I thought this was going to be about Donald's fat butt.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 07:25 PM

I guess that makes you as ignorant as the professor of gender studies that made these ridiculous statements.
Posted By: James

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 08:15 PM

Go Jarhead!

How have you been?

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 08:29 PM

Ahhhh, do the two of you need a safe space to hug in?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 08:30 PM

If I were in the administration I would welcome such feeble allegations as there are far, far more serious allegations under discussion at this time, many of which can't easily be just dismissed.

Bryce
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 08:31 PM

driving a "sheep dog" and considered unarmed and dangerous.sorry that movie came to mind.its a thinker.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Ahhhh, do the two of you need a safe space to hug in?

....extra space?

I didn't mean to ruin anyone's diet...for you the same?

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 09:14 PM

You Mainers have a lot to be proud of. Your governor recently signed a bill changing the name of Columbus day.

So Happy Indigenous People day (two days late)!

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 09:30 PM

Oh thanks for rubbing it in, James. My wife informed of the change on Monday and I laughed.... and then started looking for real estate in Canada!

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 09:56 PM

My home town is Columbus, OH. I wonder if they're getting pressure to change the name of the town?

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 09:58 PM

The only reason I know about Maine is that I'm going to school there. The dean of the University of Southern Maine just made a big-deal announcement of the change. Academia supports such PC-inspired efforts.

Jim
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jarhead620

Why you checking out his butt ? Are you a Boody pirate ? grin

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:01 PM

Oh, no! Now I'm responsible for topic drift and thereby guilty of trolling.

How will I live with myself?

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:03 PM

Yeah, to like Indigenous Peoples. OH. Doesn't quite roll off the tongue now does it?

James, I'm just a few miles up the coast from your departmental echo chamber. grin Let me know when you are in residence and I'll buy the beverages.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:21 PM

Will be there again January 10-19. Days will be pretty busy, but I could meet for a drink or dinner. All the events will be at the Harasseeket Inn in Freeport, where I'll be staying.

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:28 PM

I can work with your schedule...I've been there. Just keep in touch. I look forward to it - dinner and drinks on me!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:37 PM

I expect he may be responsible for obesity of black women. Lowest unemployment rate in history for black Americans. More money equals more food.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 10:53 PM

Oddly, I never saw a fat black chick before Trump was President! crazy
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Finster

So his election gave you sight. Another Trump accomplishment.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by James
My home town is Columbus, OH. I wonder if they're getting pressure to change the name of the town?

Jim

There was a fair amount of pressure last year, to change the name of Columbus and they had to put a guard on the statue of Christopher Columbus at City Hall because a bunch of liberals were threatening to destroy it. This year it has been quiet.

Keith
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 11:51 PM

You Mainers have a lot to be proud of. Your governor recently signed a bill changing the name of Columbus day.

Jim

Michelle Obama DID say that Barack was going to change our history...

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/16/19 11:59 PM

Go Jarhead!

How have you been?

Jim

Doing good James for an old trapper. Although this site does give me a mild headache occasionally.

Jarhead

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:06 AM

[quote=Lugnut]I guess that makes you as ignorant as the professor of gender studies that made these ridiculous statements. [/quote

Oh boo hoo Lug, did I make fun of your hero?

Jarhead

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:09 AM

Be careful, Jarhead. You make fun of Trump, and you get called a troll around here.

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Why you checking out his butt ? Are you a Boody pirate ? grin

Not really, it's just that it's too prominent to overlook.

Jatrhead

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:13 AM

Because it's impossible to ignore?

Jim

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:15 AM

Be careful, Jarhead. You make fun of Trump, and you get called a troll around here.

Jim

Lol, better be a troll than a Trump sucker.

Jarhead
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Broomchaser
Originally Posted by Finster

So his election gave you sight. Another Trump accomplishment.

HAhahaaaa

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Jim

Michelle Obama DID say that Barack was going to change our history...

That's why dip stick jimmy voted for him.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 02:53 AM

What are they doing for Leif Erickson Day? lol I guess lutefyske and lefse ruined that deal. lol

Bryce
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 04:31 AM

So these black women became very obese in 3 years...hmmmm

She states no good Heath care is available, I think she's speaking of the Obama care right?
President Trump hasn't changed the Obama health care since the Democratic Party block him from doing so...She must be speaking of what Obama did to her...

She was citing a study done in the 90's, wasn't Clinton president 93 on through the beginning of 2000
How could it be that's impossible I'm sure she voted for Clinton back than obviously there should not have been any racial stress as she stated that the presidents status polarizing figure that contributes to issues of racial stress people of color...hmm mind bending how is this study possible if done in the 90's when Clinton was in office...Stupid dumb democrats

In a separate interview, Cooper told CampusReform.org she was citing 1990s information from Dr. Arline Geronimus, a public health research professor at the University of Michigan.

Geronimus “argues pretty convincingly that black women have physiological stress responses to racial stimuli and this affects our long-term health,” Cooper said.

I was citing this body of work and the president’s status as a racially polarizing figure that contributes to issues of racial stress for people of color.”

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I guess that makes you as ignorant as the professor of gender studies that made these ridiculous statements.

Oh boo hoo Lug, did I make fun of your hero?

Jarhead

He's not my hero. i called you ignorant because your statement was, well...ignorant. Perhaps immature would have been a better response?

The fact that the attention-craving forum troll cheered your response speaks to his maturity level as well, don't you think?

Go Jarhead!

How have you been?

Jim

You two sound more like a couple of disgruntled school-boys angry at the teacher than a pair of old trappers (except that James isn't a trapper).
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 11:47 AM

trump worshipers are quick to start with "troll", "rino", "liberal",........for anyone who does not bow at the throne of "the donald". It doesn't matter if the person is a member of the republican party, or even voted for trump-you either enthusiastically support everything the guy does and attack anyone who does not or you are their enemy.

I wonder what these fellas think of republicans who believe as Lindsey Graham does---

✔
@LindseyGrahamSC
· Oct 7, 2019
Replying to @LindseyGrahamSC
The most probable outcome of this impulsive decision is to ensure Iran’s domination of Syria.

The U.S. now has no leverage and Syria will eventually become a nightmare for Israel.

Lindsey Graham
✔
@LindseyGrahamSC
I feel very bad for the Americans and allies who have sacrificed to destroy the ISIS Caliphate because this decision virtually reassures the reemergence of ISIS. So sad. So dangerous.

President Trump may be tired of fighting radical Islam. They are NOT tired of fighting us.

Is there no limit to the support some will show for this guy?
Is it all about saving face because of past rabid support for all the guy has done since being elected?......Maybe this will be the mistake that gets enough republicans to jump ship that we can get a real republican to challenge!!!

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 12:21 PM

*yawn*

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:04 PM

Pretty clever.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:06 PM

mornin grykl

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:09 PM

Morning pcr2

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:12 PM

nasty there???

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:20 PM

Would be the perfect morning for archery hunting. A bit breezy, but the rain has stopped. I can't go out till later this afternoon.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:24 PM

not nice here outside,lovely in the shop.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:29 PM

Here I thought I was going to learn how to thin my thighs and butt reading this??? what a post.. Just recently learned there were actually to thigh masters?? a large and small?? guess I got screwed when I bought just the one didn't get the two-fer deal??

My dogs breath still smells like dog chow!!

Mac
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:30 PM

Truly impoverished people aren't fat. This obesity epidemic is a symptom of prosperity.

Mike

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:33 PM

they musta been talkin bout Okra Winfree

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:38 PM

I thought it was Orca?

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Truly impoverished people aren't fat. This obesity epidemic is a symptom of prosperity.

Mike

Funny most of the folks I see paying for their groceries with MY money(welfare gubmint cards) are the fattest ones in the store. mad
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Mike

Funny most of the folks I see paying for their groceries with MY money(welfare gubmint cards) are the fattest ones in the store. mad

Yep

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:46 PM

Many of them probably spend most days within feet of their refrigerator and tv.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

Mike

That's because it's cheaper to eat artificial garbage than to eat healthy. You can buy 2000 calories worth of artificial junk at McDonalds for 10 dollars or less, but to but 2000 calories worth of fresh fruits, veggies, and healthy meats costs a lot more.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:49 PM

High starch and sugar, ready to eat or easy to fix foods.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 01:56 PM

i'm havin bacon and eggs right now.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
i'm havin bacon and eggs right now.

Bacon and eggs,,A days work for the chicken,,a lifetime commitment for the pig !! laugh

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 03:01 PM

That's because it's cheaper to eat artificial garbage than to eat healthy. You can buy 2000 calories worth of artificial junk at McDonalds for 10 dollars or less, but to but 2000 calories worth of fresh fruits, veggies, and healthy meats costs a lot more.

You're going to be hard pressed to eat 2000 calories worth of fruits and veggies in one sitting like you would a McD's meal... So yes, you'll pay more for healthier food, but it will stretch farther. So your unit cost is going to be less.

But real healthy food takes some time and effort. Pop tarts and McD's are easy and take little to no effort... And they "taste" better.

Mike

Edit: I just checked... 20 lb bag of pinto beans is $13.76 at the local China Mart... That'll make several meals for several people.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 04:02 PM

Poor people are fat, because they don't burn calories at work. How hard is that to figure out? If they were truly poor and starving they would not be fat either.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 04:29 PM

You're going to be hard pressed to eat 2000 calories worth of fruits and veggies in one sitting like you would a McD's meal... So yes, you'll pay more for healthier food, but it will stretch farther. So your unit cost is going to be less.

But real healthy food takes some time and effort. Pop tarts and McD's are easy and take little to no effort... And they "taste" better.

Mike

Edit: I just checked... 20 lb bag of pinto beans is $13.76 at the local China Mart... That'll make several meals for several people.

Heallthy food will go further, yes. You can buy a bunch of beans for 10 dollars, but you've gotta eat a whole lotta beans to get the same amount of fat and calories and protein that you'd get from one Big Breakfast at the mac shack.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Poor people are fat, because they don't burn calories at work. How hard is that to figure out? If they were truly poor and starving they would not be fat either.

Plenty of people work by sitting at a desk all day staring at a screen, and are skinny. And I've worked with plenty of obese and even morbidly obese auto mechanics who worked hard all day long. I'm sure there's plenty of people on this forum who are obese and work hard every day. I'm not sure your theory holds water.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 04:49 PM

It is not a theory. It is an equation. If you burn more calories than you take in you will not gain weight. Most people who have jobs will burn more calories per day than people who don't have jobs. Not everybody though.

Starving people will not stay fat very long.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
It is not a theory. It is an equation. If you burn more calories than you take in you will not gain weight. Most people who have jobs will burn more calories per day than people who don't have jobs. Not everybody though.

Starving people will not stay fat very long.

No arguments there. I don't like the idea of food stamps at all. We've helped people occasionally with groceries. You can buy groceries on amazon and have them sent anonymously very easily. But we only do it for people we know actually need the help. Charity comes from the heart, not from having the government rip money out of your paycheck by force. If the government took less money out of my paycheck, I'd be able to help more people who actually need help. Without food stamps, people who *wont* work can starve, those who *can't* work can get help from family/friends/church/charity, the way it should be.

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 05:20 PM

I just priced a 4 lb bag of healthy organic sugar at $5. 7,100 calories ready to eat. smile

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 06:04 PM

when i read "Trump to blame for obesity"--my first thought was "see Walleyed it aint your fault." laugh

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Mike

Heallthy food will go further, yes. You can buy a bunch of beans for 10 dollars, but you've gotta eat a whole lotta beans to get the same amount of fat and calories and protein that you'd get from one Big Breakfast at the mac shack.

You're better off eating the beans... And chances are if I'm paying for their groceries, I'm picking up the tab for their healthcare too. So they can do without the large Coke and fries that come with the Big Mac.

Mike
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 07:19 PM

It's nearly impossible to improve your life when you blame someone else for your failings, rather than accepting that you are truly responsible, stepping up and changing what needs to be improved in your own life yourself. The democrats have destroyed generations of blacks by teaching then that they are powerless to improve their own station in life. Blacks should be taught they are capable as anyone else. Their lives would soon greatly improve.

Keith

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
It's nearly impossible to improve your life when you blame someone else for your failings, rather than accepting that you are truly responsible, stepping up and changing what needs to be improved in your own life yourself. The democrats have destroyed generations of blacks by teaching then that they are powerless to improve their own station in life. Blacks should be taught they are capable as anyone else. Their lives would soon greatly improve.

Keith

Perfectly stated.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Trump to blame for obesity - 10/17/19 08:41 PM

Look how fat and masculine Michael ( (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)) is lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums