Home

Comstock users what model do you recommend?

Posted By: PineDoggin

Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 03:57 PM

Looking in WCS and see there's 5 models without the beaver and squirrel trap. What's your go to trap for most animals and what length? I know there's a special trap for every use just looking for recommendations on a all round trap.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 04:11 PM

What all do you want to catch? One size can fit several but one size does not fit all.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 04:17 PM

32 inch is my go to for unknown animals under a in or under a structure which is usually a coon, groundhogs, skunk and possums around here. When I know is a. Animal smaller than a coon I drop down to smler versions for ease of use.

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 04:20 PM

There all 9x11 traps just looking to see if double door, single model , short,long etc.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 04:38 PM

Double door cages almost exclusively. This might vary by area but the bulk of my jobs are something is getting into a building or under it. The jobs that I get for raccoons or other animals that are raising dumpsters or otherwise just passing through properties so I have to bait them are rare. In which case I use a different trap as I'm not a fan of wire trigger traps on baited sets generally.
Posted By: Honeydog

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 07:54 PM

I use the 9x11x30 for raccoons. All of mine are double door. I have caught some huge coons in them. If it's a bait set I shut one door. I stake all my cage traps down with a t stake. I use a 1/4 stake on my comstock's placed so that it narrows the trap at the trigger. I have a 12x12 that works good too. The 24 inch are great groundhog traps and , in my experience , you can't beat a 18 inch at a groundhog hole.

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/16/19 09:34 PM

Thanks Honeydog and SNIPERBBB
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/17/19 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by PineDoggin
There all 9x11 traps just looking to see if double door, single model , short,long etc.

Comstock makes lots of different size traps other than 9 x 11 and that is why I asked what I did. Apparently the website you were looking at only had the 9 x 11s. For those, I prefer the double door traps. They are more versatile. The ones with nose cones are great for groundhog positive sets and with a double door you can catch them coming or going and can set as many as 3 at one time on the same hole.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Comstock users what model do you recommend? - 10/17/19 02:28 AM

Here is a link to the Comstock web page- https://comstockcustomcage.com. I believe all of his standard traps are described along with prices. Call Jim, he or Judy will be happy to help. His phone number is listed at the top of the home page.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums