Home

your go too food for trapping

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 09:29 AM

well getting ready to trap ,I always have food In my truck these crackers ,jerky, case of water , hard boil eggs what do you guys have to munch on in your trucks ? [Linked Image]
Posted By: pcr2

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 09:30 AM

just drinks and copey for me.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 09:30 AM

Coffee and Copenhagen
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 09:39 AM

when im off in some remote place I keep several mre's and some gallon jugs of water in my pickup. I like high energy snacks. good energy. not sugar. jerky, a big can of mixed nuts, for lunch I eat a ham and cheese sandwich often. i always bring a thermos of coffee along. I start my day with breakfast. real food like bacon and eggs. not cereal or convenience store poison.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 09:56 AM

PBJs, apples, oranges, bananas, whole wheat crackers, stuff like that.
Jim
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 10:05 AM

I always eat what my dad called "trapper sandwiches" just bread sammich meat and cheese folded in half and chased with coffee. When The Boy comes with he brings granola bars and nuts to munch on too. But I might have to get a couple boxes of those cheese crackers like T. D. Seems like a good plan.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 10:09 AM

got all summer to eat. laugh
Posted By: Pike River

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 10:21 AM

peanuts and coffee.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 10:32 AM

Whatever my 7 year old has managed to stuff into his pockets.....which is usually enough to hold us for a few days. Not sure where he puts some of the stuff, probably do not want to know.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 10:33 AM

I eat lots of peanuts ,also an fruit
Posted By: run

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 12:29 PM

Cashews. Only downside is the cost. You can buy them unsalted if you are worried about sodium.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 01:23 PM

This is a good opportunity for me to burn more calories than I consume- hopefully lol. Good breakfast, pack a sandwich and apple- case of water in the truck.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 02:08 PM

I ate a lot when I was little,,so now strong coffee and a cigar gets me through pretty good. wink
Posted By: Eric Yeatman

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 02:58 PM

Always have some sardines Vienna and crackers in the truck

But I have learned from hunting trips the best thing to have is jerky and tortillas
No cooking and they don’t spoil easily
Posted By: snowy

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 03:05 PM

Just coffee and water till noon. I use too take a lot of snacks but have stopped doing that. I don't eat from 6pm to noon (12pm) so if I'm out trapping those hours I don't eat.

I do miss eating while out and about though.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/17/19 04:31 PM

[Linked Image]
Same thing I eat at work every day, plus some trail mix and lemonade.
Gets me by till I get home !

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 12:21 AM

All kidding aside,,a peanut butter and honey sammich will give you energy to go for a good long time on the line.
Posted By: trapperbill

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 12:54 AM

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich,orange juice and candy bars. Caveman bars are good too.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 12:59 AM

I just sits off a chunk of beaver or muskrat. Whatever I am baiting with....
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 01:01 AM

I always kept a couple three rolls of deer sausage in the truck cab or box. Also some soda crackers and cheese slices too. The cheese and sausage usually keep for days or until their gone. Have been doing this since I trapped in HS... also while group coyote hunting ( got past that urge as I grew up). And usually have a case or 2 of Mountain dew somewhere. But you have to be careful about keeping it out in the cold. Those cans make a mess when they freeze and burst... sticky stuff all over.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
well getting ready to trap ,I always have food In my truck these crackers ,jerky, case of water , hard boil eggs what do you guys have to munch on in your trucks ? [Linked Image]

Your wife must love you......or you sleep on the couch ..

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 01:14 AM

When I use sardines for bait,,I end up with no bait? LUV me some sardines. smile
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 02:00 AM

Dried salmon, smoked salmon, moose jerky. Hot tea.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 02:36 AM

I usually eat breakfast, lunch and dinner just like any other day. Every once in a while I’ll get a can of mixed nuts to snack on if I’m feeling like eating a snack.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 03:32 AM

Cupcakes and Dr. Pepper.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: your go too food for trapping - 10/18/19 06:00 AM

Diet Dr. Pepper, Wild Turkey American Honey and at least a dozen or more Shipleys kolaches. The Wild Turkey is limited use at the end of the day but several members on here have been with me and one in particular caught me in unlimited mode one day. Well, several days...........
© 2024 Trapperman Forums