Home

Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading

Posted By: Finster

Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 11:19 AM

Good grief, the man is quick. I would love to know how many rounds in total he shoots in a year, all tolled. It has to be in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. I assume most of it is also reloaded. For example, I'm sure these shotgun loads are lite to help with recoil and to stay on target. I'm thinking most if not all of his rifle and pistol rounds are also. I doubt he is shooting any factory ammo unless that is required in competition.

Posted By: Finster

Re: Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 11:29 AM

Actually Jerry himself gave this estimate but I think it's got to be way more:

"Jerry estimates that in his lifetime he has shot over 2 million rounds of ammunition, which equals approximately 30 tons of lead"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Miculek

Just doing the math, it has to be way more. I would be willing to bet he shoots 500-1000 rounds a day on average just to stay that sharp.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 12:37 PM

That's poetry on motion right there
Posted By: K52

Re: Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 12:49 PM

I'll bet he shoots factory supplied rounds just because of the sheer numbers and also endorsement benefits. I'm not taking anything away for him when I say he doesn't need bench rest quality either. I can't remember the name of the great shotgun shooter Tom ??? but saw a interview one time that he said when he got factory supplied shells that is what allowed him to go on to be a full time professional. The cost and time are what prevented him going on to be a full time professional shooter.
Posted By: LeviSS

Re: Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by K52
I'll bet he shoots factory supplied rounds just because of the sheer numbers and also endorsement benefits. I'm not taking anything away for him when I say he doesn't need bench rest quality either. I can't remember the name of the great shotgun shooter Tom ??? but saw a interview one time that he said when he got factory supplied shells that is what allowed him to go on to be a full time professional. The cost and time are what prevented him going on to be a full time professional shooter.

Tom Knapp. I went to one of his shows a couple years before he died. I have a picture with him somewhere.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Jerry Miculek Shotgun Speed Reloading - 10/18/19 04:36 PM

Talk about finesse!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums