Home

BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!!

Posted By: Patrice

BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 07:47 PM

We're back from Canada and I just finished running between a few other trips before I could get my photos organized. Thanks so much for asking, you guys! I wish we could beam you all up there to join us!

We're always watching for the first few fall colors. We saw a little bit of color this year.
[Linked Image]

Everything I love. Rock, lichens, moss and trees. Walleyes and northern. Endless water and shoreline.
[Linked Image]

We saw a little bit of uncomfortably warm but beautiful weather.
[Linked Image]

Lots of fish. Plenty of slot fish and a few above the slot, but no monsters. Just lots of great healthy fun fish! Kerry doesn't usually pause for a photo unless he has a wall-hanger, so I had to move fast to get this one.
[Linked Image]

You can tell it's fairly warm out. We're not even suited up for winter!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fighting crowds like we always do. Some choice shore lunch spots.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Snakes on boat! That little guy was too funny. We were a long way from any land and he showed up and hitched a ride for a few minutes before we sent him on his way. Cute little guy.
[Linked Image]

Plenty of wonderful shore lunches. Always fresh fish and garden tomatoes. We take a variety of canned stuff with us all the time and when it gets to be lunchtime, we can decide if we want cool fruit or hot veggies or potatoes and beans. All good!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

To be continued ...

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 07:48 PM

We had been evading storm clouds all week without getting soaked. Some beautiful clouds went by us.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I love this weather!
[Linked Image]

On this particular day, we decided to stop right by home where we often pick up a few dozen more walleyes to top off the day.
[Linked Image]

It was at about this moment when Kerry said, "We're gonna get wet."
[Linked Image]

He suggested that as long as we're going to get wet, we might as well get suited up and go back out for a while... so we did. We got into our rain gear and went out. This doesn't look like much, but we headed west towards a nearby island and this photo is looking at the sun through a wall of water. We got dumped on. laugh
[Linked Image]

Halfway to that island in the downpour, we stopped and turned around and saw the most amazing rainbow - and a doubler to boot! (Pardon the less-than-amazing photos.) We usually don't see a rainbow from end to end like this one.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I tried to line up two of the photos to show you. (The blob at the top is my hand over the top of the camera to keep water off the lens. The tiny island in the middle with the small white spot on it is home - that's Lost Island.
[Linked Image]

It was amazing. We could certainly see where the pots of gold were located!
[Linked Image]

I've never seen trees lit up like they were there. The rainbows lasted abut 35 minutes and I took over 100 photos.
[Linked Image]

Every gull in the area was packed onto this one rock pile watching the rainbows just like we were. They kept saying they had never seen anything like it. They just stared at the rainbows, wishing they had cameras.
[Linked Image]

And looking west again, here is the sun coming out the other end of that little storm.
[Linked Image]

We fished out at that nearby spot and ended the day with this sunset. Just beautiful.
[Linked Image]

And a little shore lunch at suppertime. Note the wood table and lamplight.
[Linked Image]

We had a wonderful week and fished many of our favorite spots from throughout the years. Here was a nice day at Albert's Bay.
[Linked Image]

And this year's Smiley photo! I was thinking out loud about what sort of backdrop to choose for Smiley. I have photographed him on rocks, lichens, moss, pine needles, branches, trees, mushrooms, stumps, wood docks ... and Kerry suggested the side of a fish. Perfect! Here, Smiley is enjoying being tickled by a pectoral fin. grin
[Linked Image]
(In order to achieve the best color, the walleye was alive during the photo shoot, which added to the challenge. He became lunch soon after!)

This was our 19th trip there in 17 years. The totals for this year: 408 walleyes, 28 northern, 4 smallmouth, 1 perch and 1 rock bass for a total of 442 fish. An average year, which is great by any standards!

Thanks for following our little adventure, guys! We sure live for it every year.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 07:57 PM

cool
Posted By: River Birch

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:01 PM

Great Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing...
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:09 PM

Wow, what a great time. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: run

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:15 PM

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Actor

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:42 PM

Great shots … As much as I love to fish … I would liked to have been there for the shore lunches... sure beats my TV diners.

cry

Garry-
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:50 PM

Great pics, love fishing in Canada! grin
Posted By: Getting There

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 08:58 PM

Some very nice pictures!
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 10:03 PM

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 10:41 PM

Amazing Trip, Awesome photos!!!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 10:46 PM

Nice, thanks for posting.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 11:17 PM

I enjoyed that. Thanks.

I was going to ask what those other fish were too. 'Walleyes', eh? Cool.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 11:24 PM

Great pictures, looks like a beautiful place with great fishing.

Now I want to go to Canada.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 11:31 PM

Looks like a place to just think about the next bite....or what’s for lunch...The way life should be,everyday....
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/18/19 11:46 PM

Great pics. Thanks
Posted By: Sharon

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 12:04 AM

What amazing pics on yet another fun vacation !

Love the table setting the plates are sitting on - as beautiful as any stone counter .

That's great you keep track of fishing records !

A wonderful respite so well deserved after all your hard work , Chickie.

Your beaming smile says it all wink
Posted By: redsnow

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 12:36 AM

Beautiful pictures, sounds like a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing, I'm jealous.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 01:47 AM

Nice pics !

Did you guys find Boco ?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 01:59 AM

Great photos as per usual! Now I am hungry!!

Chris
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 02:38 AM

That made my day smile
Been waiting for the " cap" pic for weeks.
Thanks Patrice cool
Posted By: adam m

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 03:26 AM

Patrice, thank you for sharing your and Zim's annual trip. As usual it looks amazing and the food looks great too. Smiley looks like he is really enjoying being tickled by the fin lol

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 11:47 AM

Pcr2, River Birch, Yotegiter, Run, Actor, Flipper, Getting There, Stinkypete, 330, Nittany, Pest's Dad, DelawareRob, Nessy, Pawnee, Sharon, Redsnow, AntiGov, Hodag, Bucksnbears and Adam - you guys are wonderful. Thanks - and I'm glad our pics put a smile on your faces.

Garry, we always joke about the walleye not being fresh enough when we caught it an hour before shore lunch. Did you see our canned side dishesl though? No better than the TV dinners there! Still love it!

No walleyes in your neck of the woods, Pest's Dad? We switch off between jigging for walleyes and casting for northern throughout the day. We don't bother trolling for either, although we could pick up bigger fish that way.

Rob, it's what we look forward to all year. It sure recharges my batteries.

You got it, Nessy! And some homemade tartar sauce with Cain's mayo!

Keen observations there, Sharon Chickie! I'm always looking for a nice level spot on a boulder so my plate doesn't tip over! And thanks, I needed that vacation!

That reminds me - after I took the photo of the lunch with the peas on it, I sat down on something that wasn't too stable, and a hornet showed up and started flying in circles around my head. Whatever I was sitting on tipped over and I rolled over backwards and ended up on my back with my boots up in the air - all while holding my plate up and not even rolling one pea off the plate! THAT would have made a nice little video. In the end, my lunch was saved. laugh

We didn't spot him anywhere, AntiGov! laugh

Thanks, Hodag - I look back at the shore lunches and it makes me go get some walleye out of the freezer. We have already had some fantastic northern made into poorman's lobster too ...

Thanks - I'm so happy to hear it, Bucksnbears! It's been a crazy summer and fall. I feel a little more caught up now.

Thanks, Adam. Smiley is tucked away safely waiting for next year's photo shoot!
Posted By: snowy

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 11:50 AM

Great pictures!
What was the weight on some of the big eyes you caught?

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 12:21 PM

Hey, Snowy. We don't weigh them, but most of the walleyes we caught over the slot were in the 22-24" range, so I suppose the fat ones might get close to 6 lbs.
Posted By: snowy

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 12:26 PM

Gotcha. Thanks and looks like a fun time once again.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 02:46 PM

I'm glad I took the time to open this one! Wish I was there!
Posted By: MnMan

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/19/19 03:34 PM

Whoah, what beautiful photos! You sure have a knack for capturing the beauty of the outdoors and your food pictures have made me so hungry I am looking for my bag of potato chips as I type.

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/20/19 07:49 PM

Good deal, Trapdog!

Thank you so much, MnMan. It's always fun sharing them with you guys!
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/20/19 08:17 PM

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: don403

Re: BACK FROM CANADA PHOTOS - FINALLY !!! - 10/20/19 08:28 PM

very nice.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums