Home

Mid Michigan fur quality

Posted By: TheSandman

Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 02:06 AM

I was wondering condition of Fox and coyote in middle of mitten 3rd week of October 2019. Thanks
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 09:32 AM

don't know about down there, but up here in the u p fur is way better than normal for this time of year
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 09:36 AM

where the heck is Mitten??
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 09:47 AM

lol look at a map of Michigan an u will see a hand [mitten] ,that is lower Michigan .
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 09:50 AM

ah,down where the evil air comes from before it picks up more water from lake erie and dumps it on me.thanks a lot. laugh
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 10:36 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Best fur in a few years. No lice yet. Last year I threw out over half due to lice.
Posted By: TheSandman

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 11:12 AM

Strike2x; Are they prime? I was thinking Nov 1st for start up. Thanks.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 01:49 PM

I live in the Mid-Michigan area. Half way from the border north and south.
I usually wait until the last couple of days of October to land trap.
When I was raising fox, it was Dec. 1st to pelt out. Nothing was gained past that time.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 03:27 PM

In the past iv'e caught well fured coon and coyotes this time of year and I've caught scruffy short haired critters in late November early December I sold to local buyers for years nafa and furharvesters for 25--30 years and Groenwolds for the last 8 years If you want to trap Get Moving your grade sheets and prices will be worth more than someones opinion
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 04:25 PM

Late fall rain always had me waiting for freeze up.
If you like mud and rain October can accommodate you
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/21/19 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheSandman
Strike2x; Are they prime? I was thinking Nov 1st for start up. Thanks.

Honestly no. Well furred but leather not primed. Last year I only lost about 5 bucks each on my early ones from Groenwald fur. Not enough difference to make me wait. Yotes this year have more fur than last 3 or 4 t for this time. I say you all wait so I can cat h them all before you load your truck. Lol
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Mid Michigan fur quality - 10/22/19 02:04 AM

In eastern and central WI the YOY of most species still have some growing to do and that takes protein and fur is 99% protein so there is little fur of any value on most species with the young at this time. The barren females and older males, coon in particular look pretty good and they have good under fur even though they are slate yet. Coyotes are all over the board and I know little about them. Red YOY look poor for sure. Mink are not good here at all yet adult or YOY. I have caught two larger females that did not have litters this year and they are well furred and very fat also.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums