Home

Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Posted By: Tactical.20

Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 12:53 AM

I've been cleaning carpets for 31 years now, today I walked into the worse house I've ever seen.
I've been in cleaner hog n cow barns than this dog kennel house.
Open the door, rat hole had been chewed through the floor, filthy floor, smelled so bad my lungs bothered me, my clothes n hair smell like that nasty house
Dog poop in hallway, 20+? Dogs barking loudly, the bedroom he wanted me to clean I think was a dog bedroom, half inch of poop n hair on the floor, I think there was carpet under it!

I told him no I can't do it, he asked if I could try, I said no, I would ruin my equipment, turned and walked out, I can't believe it, so nasty gross, what kind of sick person lived there? Idk how anyone could, it surely would make you ill
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 12:57 AM

Why did he want it cleaned ?

Trying to see if he could get his deposit back ? grin
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 12:58 AM

I wonder .....what triggered his thought process to get it cleaned ? Or ...he figured it’s been 10 years,and might as well get it done....

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:09 AM

Idk, I wonder if it was a dog house and he lived somewhere else?
I'm still sickened by what I saw n smelled, I told a lady that works for or knows a dog shelter, maybe the people will check it out.
I think this is third or fourth job I have refused in 31 years. It was worse than the other ones put together!
He saw my wife's advertisement on internet, Facebook
Posted By: adam m

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:11 AM

sick I'm glad you turned it down.

Hoarding is a nasty disease. Don't know how someone could live like that.
My 1st apartment with my bride.....a few months in we could not figure out where that smell was coming from. We kept deep cleaning everything especially the diaper genie and trash cans. Finally we told the manager who came over and agreed it smelled nasty. Few days later the manager tells us the apartment behind ours had a hoarder who probably didn't toss anything in months

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:17 AM

Even a shovel first wouldn't help! Couple years ago I did a room of short carpet, she said she raised puppies on it for 25 years, I would have refused it but had drove 60 miles to house.
I'm almost done cleaning the nasty stained carpet, lady asks, do you think those spots will come out if you go over them a couple more times?
I said no this is the worse carpet I've ever done, she said huh? I didn't say it again, it was fifteen minutes before she talked to me, I didn't care, I don't want her to call again!
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:24 AM

I was a phone guy for 34 years and I did a lot of residential service and there were times when you would get the dry heaves!! Nasty people out there!
Posted By: snowy

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:29 AM

Needs burned down.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:29 AM

My wife cleans our hardwood floor in our main room (900 sq feet) on her hands and knees with a bucket. I’ve bought her numerous contraptions that look a heck of a lot easier then the way she does it, but she says they don’t do the job. She would be in a coma if she saw that!!!
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
I wonder .....what triggered his thought process to get it cleaned ? Or ...he figured it’s been 10 years,and might as well get it done....

Must have found a girl friend...
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:41 AM

I don't remember all the details as I was just a kid... But my dad had a job for some kind of contractor, HVAC I think, and got a service call for an A/C unit that kept tripping its circuit breaker.

When they got to the house the lady let them in and there were trash bags stacked floor to ceiling. They were throughout the house and there were so many that the woman just had narrow paths to walk through them. Stacks and stacks of bags of household trash. On top of that she had several cats in there too... Dad didn't know how many, but a lot.

He said it was absolutely sweltering in there. The rotting fermenting trash was putting off an insane amount of heat (and stench) and overloading the A/C.

Dad said they told her they couldn't fix the issue unless she got rid of all the trash. This absolutely bewildered her and she refused to even consider getting rid of it. They tried to reason with her but didn't have any luck. Finally they gave up and left.

They left and drove to the nearest pay phone and called the local health dept.

I can't imagine what kind of mental defect would cause a person to be like that.

Mike

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by snowy
Needs burned down.

That's what I was thinking! Stay up wind too!!
No, I would think guy was too ugly n gross for a girlfriend

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 02:32 AM

I've heard of those kind of houses Mike, unbelievable for sure
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 03:38 AM

Needs burned down.

X2!!

I've seen more than one house in this metro get torn down because they have been ruined by way too many "pets". Burn everything!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 04:04 AM

Thats pretty Nasty
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by grumley701
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Must have found a girl friend...

She might be in the basement that could be that smell!
shocked

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 04:30 AM

Lol, I better not add anything, lol
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 11:13 AM

I had one like that years ago. It was a rental house and the guy was evicted. A fellow contractor had gone in several weeks ahead of me and removed dumpsters worth of garbage and and all the carpets.

I was asked to remodel the kitchen. The guy apparently kept around twenty dogs and other animals there. Even weeks after carpet removal and cleaning the ammonia smell of urine was overpowering.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 11:40 AM

rode an ambulance for 25 yrs as a volunteer and some of the living environments i've saw would blow your mind.
Posted By: beachcomber13

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 11:49 AM

I don't blame you for turning that job down, and sometimes wish I found it easier to say "NO" myself. Having a small painting business I sometimes get jobs where the walls and floors are so filthy I feel the people find it easier to have their house painted rather than just clean it themselves. Sometimes I'll get a wiff of a smelly dropclothe and remember exactly what job that one had been on. Gross!
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 12:00 PM

I see it all the time here. People are just plain bad. I was supposed to fix a window one time. It was in someone's nasty trashy living room. There was a couch in front of the main window that I had to move out away from the wall to reach the window to work on it. I picked up one end and slid it over about 4 feet to get behind it. I had to wait for the roaches to skitter under the couch again. The couch was stacked full of old clothes and rags and after about 20 minutes of me working in the window the things on the couch started moving and out climbs a naked guy, He just walked into another room. Must have disturbed his sleep. I told the landlord about it because no one was supposed to be there and he just laughed.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 12:04 PM

was supposed to fix a ceiling fan in a bedroom once of one of my rentals. The tenant let me in and I go upstairs and there in the bed under the fan was a naked woman and guy crashed.
WTH was this tenant thinking?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 01:02 PM

People are very adaptable to slow changes that happen over longer periods of time so it may not seem too bad to the slob.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
rode an ambulance for 25 yrs as a volunteer and some of the living environments i've saw would blow your mind.

Lawyer??
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 09:14 PM

Entered a property one time ~ this would be over forty years ago now. Couple with their grown daughter. Guess they all had mental issues. And cats. Lots of cats. And the whole lot of them, people and cats, seemed to live in the small kitchen.

I will never forget that place. They had a gas stove. Standard, four ring thing. And there were big nuggets of cat deposits, rolling around amongst the rings. Even on the kitchen counter sick

I'll stop there. That's quite enough reminiscing for me.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 09:35 PM

Show up for a hoarders unattended death one time and you will never forget it, had a heated fan on him when he died. Not good

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/23/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Baer
I see it all the time here. People are just plain bad. I was supposed to fix a window one time. It was in someone's nasty trashy living room. There was a couch in front of the main window that I had to move out away from the wall to reach the window to work on it. I picked up one end and slid it over about 4 feet to get behind it. I had to wait for the roaches to skitter under the couch again. The couch was stacked full of old clothes and rags and after about 20 minutes of me working in the window the things on the couch started moving and out climbs a naked guy, He just walked into another room. Must have disturbed his sleep. I told the landlord about it because no one was supposed to be there and he just laughed.

That's gross! Weird
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 12:57 PM

its crazy how some people decide to live. ive been in a lot of nasty ones
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Chapel
Originally Posted by pcr2

Lawyer??

volunteer emt,also fireman and thats a whole nother ball game of things i've saw. laugh
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 04:08 PM

Ever watch the show "Hoarding, Buried Alive"? It's amazing how some people can live in such filth!

I used to go to a health club that was in a very large center. In the parking lot was a hatchback that was stuffed to the roof with garbage that consisted of cardboard, food wrappers, etc. Even the passenger's side was pretty full. There were two things that I found that made me shake my head. One was the set mousetrap on the dash. The other was when I found out the owner of the vehicle was a lady who worked in the center as a social worker! frown
Posted By: Miley

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 04:18 PM

Pops had a moving business as a second job. The company used to do a lot of section 8 housing where we moved one shitehole to another freshly painted shitehole! As kids we use to suit up with rubber bands on our jeans and long sleeved shirt to keep the roaches from hitching a ride to our homes. Very enlightening to our young minds!
Posted By: eric space

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 05:11 PM

Had to clean out a tenant house once where the people took off the door to a bedroom, laid it crossways of the doorway and then used the room for a garbage dump. When the room got so full the stuff rolled over the door they did the same to the next room, and so on. The water froze up as they did not have any oil so they used the toilet till it was full, then used the bathtub til that was full enough to see the cheek marks of their butts in the poop, then they filled 3 garbage cans (cheek marks too). When my grandfather (he owned the house) saw the inside of the house he ordered us out and torched it.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/24/19 05:41 PM

When i was little a kid I was playing with at the playground took me to his house. I never seen anything like it. I couldn't fathom dog crap everywhere and nobody seeming to notice. No wonder they were such a mean lot of kids. You never know what some people have to grow up with / around huh.

Re: Unbelievable!!!!!!! - 10/25/19 03:32 AM

Some people have a screw loose
© 2024 Trapperman Forums