Home

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE

Posted By: GFW - GROENEWOLD

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 06:50 PM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE:

GFW is committed to providing a solid market for wild fur producers in North America. We are also committed to servicing as much of North America as possible. GFW has painstakingly done the footwork worldwide to establish channels to sell your fur. We have put teams in place in all fur consuming areas of the world to provide skins directly to manufacturers. This takes the guesswork out of buyer’s decisions when contemplating a purchase. Customers see the goods, and can make a purchase any day of the year, while other marketing venues only sell twice a year. This sales method keeps us further abreast of the market on a daily basis. It also helps the overall market because our prices reflect real demands. Auctions operate on guesswork risking under/over production because of perceptions of what the market might be.

As we begin posting routes, you will notice our geographic coverage has increased dramatically. We are still adding some stops as many trapper calls come in. We are also working diligently to get a buying system set up for Canada. We encourage buyers, collectors, solicitors, or trapping organizations that are currently unsure of an outlet to contact Guy Groenewold or Bryce Kubly directly, and as quickly as possible at (815) 938-2381.

We look forward to the 2019-2020 season with great optimism. We wish prices were higher on many items, however we are fortunate coyote remain the most sought after item in the entire trade, while muskrats, raccoon, and beaver remain in demand at modest prices.

We wish you all a safe and prosperous season!
Posted By: thedude055

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 06:53 PM

Thank you for the post. Got some pretty good options where i am located it seems but another would be great. I know others seem to be between a rock and a hard place. My problem will likely be catching them not getting rid of them lol.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 06:56 PM

Groney rocks.
But I don't like that Modest price wording.
Posted By: kingrat

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:00 PM

Gonna expand into canada that's interesting
Posted By: Dirt

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Groney rocks.

I think that is Groenese. Similar to your old language NAFAese. smile
Posted By: Steelflight

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:08 PM

They want to take over the world . got to start somewhere.
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:14 PM

Go get em' Groney! That's a heck of a void that just opened up. I'm pulling for ya.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:27 PM

Where will their routes be posted? Do they have a website or a link to their routes?
Posted By: cfowler

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:30 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:30 PM

I think it is great that Groenwald is expanding his routes to be able to reach more trappers. Stepping up right away, rather than waiting to see what happens down the road.

I hope everyone that is buying this season has success and is able to be profitable. It certainly is shaping up to be an interesting year.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:42 PM

Thanks for stepping up.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:51 PM

Groenwald has a website. Go to the front page and locate the routes list (it will be posted as a PDF) with dates, times and location for each place they will bring a truck to buy furs. It may not be ready to post yet, so keep an eye open in the near future. They usually have more than one stop per season in each location.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Where will their routes be posted? Do they have a website or a link to their routes?

bet you one crisp dollar bill they aint comin to PA.but they can run but they cant hide as i have my ny liscence this year and will chase down that big white truck with Beav's mugshot on the side. grin

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:58 PM

I thought that they probably didn’t have routes in Pennsylvania but wanted to check anyhow.

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo
Groenwald has a website. Go to the front page and locate the routes list (it will be posted as a PDF) with dates, times and location for each place they will bring a truck to buy furs. It may not be ready to post yet, so keep an eye open in the near future. They usually have more than one stop per season in each location.

Thanks!

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

bet you one crisp dollar bill they aint comin to PA.but they can run but they cant hide as i have my ny liscence this year and will chase down that big white truck with Beav's mugshot on the side. grin

LOL
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:02 PM

When does the Groeney boat make it's stop, here?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:10 PM

https://www.gfwco.com/

Click on Fur Route Schedules By State. Some states routes haven't yet been determined. I suspect that routes are all subject to modification as time passes.

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by alaska viking
When does the Groeney boat make it's stop, here?

Ship me your fur and I'll make sure groney gets a look at It. LOL

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:29 PM

I see Groeny is working with Colt furs out in my neck of the woods. Just found Colt furs the other day. Seems as though they certainly are expanding the footprint a bit. with partnerships of some sorts as well as expanding.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:50 PM

Bet they don't come in to Minn.

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Bet they don't come in to Minn.

Check the page Rat. They have routes in Minnesota through Colt and themselves i believe.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 10:02 PM

How's about KS groeny.......
Posted By: brianmall

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 10:59 PM

See a need fill a need!

Go for it!!!
Posted By: don403

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:03 PM

hoe about maine,new hamphire.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:05 PM

Well that's a first, I believe they have never bought in MN. Good for them.

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:15 PM

"Auctions operate on guesswork risking under/over production because of perceptions of what the market might be." Furbuyers never do this. Ever. Or trappers.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:21 PM

Expanding is not something new for GFW. They have added collection routes in several states in the last 3 or 4 years.

They are also on the front lines when it comes to getting wild fur into the hands of the manufacturers and furriers in new and innovative ways as well. They are truly promoting the use of wild fur!
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Groney rocks.

Trap them coon we need them. Even if you lose money doing it. I believe is what that means. Seriously are coon even going to bring last year’s level???

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:48 PM

Where is Beav? I think it is Beav's civic duty to warn these excited people about the rat wagon schemes, so hopefully they can avoid them.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/29/19 11:58 PM

Where's Plueger?? LLL

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 12:01 AM

The warning Is this. Don't trap this year.
Or only bring fully prime 4XL coon to the wagon.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 12:01 AM

Yes they post routes on their website, you can also ship your furs to them and they will get you an offer that you can accept or decline if you dont like it.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 12:13 AM

Never had a check from Groenewold bounce! cool

Chris
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 12:41 AM

I have sold fur to Groenwald out of Mn in the 80 and 90s. The company has been around for a very long time. Very good people to deal with. World renowned wool buyer as well.
Posted By: cattails

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 12:43 AM

Good for GFW.. freemarket capitalism is alive and well.
Posted By: NE Coon

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
Where's Plueger?? LLL

Biting his lip lol
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE WILD FUR TRADE - 10/30/19 01:07 PM

I have only sold to groeny as the main office is a 20 minute drive from the house and I have always been treated fairly for what the market is doing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums