Home

Buck are really moving here

Posted By: TurkeyTime

Buck are really moving here - 10/30/19 02:54 AM

Started last Thursday. 100-400 yards out the back of our house is a 15 acre bean field. There are always does but before last Thurs. I had seen a total of two miniature bucks in 8 months. Since last Thurs 5 different bucks that would go 110-170. This evening the 170 came out that I believe is one I was after last year. He makes a couple of walks around the does then off to the woods. 140 size comes out and starts walking to the does. Big one comes back and stiff legged walks the smaller one away. He makes a few more checks then heads off to another field. All the other bucks have really been harassing the does and fawns. I will bow hunt it later but this weekend is the youth season so will take out my 8 year old. The 170 size was a 9 point and really nice. I know I am blessed to be able to watch this all from my house. Last Friday two of the bigger ones were fighting hard. What is the action like where you are?
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/30/19 03:39 AM

They say Nov 5-15 is when a lot are taken
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/30/19 01:51 PM

4 different ones on the camera last night at a scrape, 2 of them I have not seen before.

What, if anything, can I do to alter the time they are coming through?
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/30/19 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
4 different ones on the camera last night at a scrape, 2 of them I have not seen before.

What, if anything, can I do to alter the time they are coming through?

In a couple more days, the bucks will be traveling at all times of the day. I always stay in my stand longer or get there earlier starting about now. I have killed more than a couple decent bucks between. 2-2:30 in the afternoon on halloween day. My favorite day of the season to bow hunt!
Posted By: trap master

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/30/19 11:33 PM

I saw a couple bucks out cruising yesterday. I say cruising because I drive these routes everyday and haven't seen deer there all year and them boom bucks standing in places you normally don't see them. saw one decent buck out in open field with a doe and keeping a younger buck at bay. today I saw a nice buck this morning harassing couple does . then at 1:30 this afternoon saw a giant standing in the front yard of a house, not normal behavior, but things you see this time of year. I think anytime from October 25 till thanksgiving is the best, especially if the temps are cooler than average at the end of October like they are now. but... if I had to narrow it down to the days with the best action year in and year out id pick November 6th-10th, with November 8th being THE best day.of course all is weather dependent to an extent. meaning if its unseasonably warm daylight movement will be suppressed and most action will take place after dark.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 01:20 AM

170 gross for a 9 would be huge. I'd like to see a pic of that deer.
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 02:16 AM

This bruiser showed up Monday, 1st time he’s been on camera. Cant hunt till Saturday so hopefully he’ll stick around with the group of does. Got 2 other local bucks sticking around with one being a shooter

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 02:24 AM

That's an old stud trapperbless, good luck getting him
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 11:19 AM

Took a small tour before dark yesterday and seen 4 dandies. smile
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 11:21 AM

saw a couple young buck chasing yesterday afternoon here.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Buck are really moving here - 10/31/19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by trapperbless
This bruiser showed up Monday, 1st time he’s been on camera. Cant hunt till Saturday so hopefully he’ll stick around with the group of does. Got 2 other local bucks sticking around with one being a shooter

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice! Hope you get him!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums