Home

School vaccinations

Posted By: bulldozerjoe

School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:49 AM

Becoming a big thing around here,, schools sending kids home because there not vaccinated... what’s your guy’s opinion.......
Posted By: James

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:50 AM

Get them vaccinated, or keep them home.

Jim
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:53 AM

You're a fool not to have your children vaccinated. That's my opinion. Sometimes it's not just about you as a parent. It's about the children and also people with weakened immune systems..
Posted By: tlguy

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:54 AM

Unless a kid has a legitimate medical reason for not being vaccinated, they should be. We're seeing a resurgence of diseases that were nearly wiped out years back due mostly to anti-vaxxers and stupid celebrity anti-vax spokespeople. If my kid can't bring peanuts to school because your kid is allergic, your kid shouldn't be able to bring deadly diseases.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:56 AM

No gov mandated vaccines here

Funny how all the ones vaccinated are the ones worried about it
Posted By: star flakes

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:59 AM

No opinion, just noting the reality of who elected everyone from the school board to Albany following the federal mandates, as big pharm sells the serums, and wherever these wonderful working foreigners are gathered from Minnesota to California, even the kids who were vaccinated are catching the plagues of not that long ago.
If you do not send your children to school, you are a criminal. If you do not have your children vaccinated, they are not allowed in school. The legal reality is the state will then seize the children, charge the parents with neglect and then by force vaccinate the children.

CDC: Whooping Cough Outbreak Caused By Vaccinated Children
[Search domain newspunch.com/cdc-whooping-cough-vaccinated-children/] https://newspunch.com/cdc-whooping-cough-vaccinated-children/
In a PBS News Hour broadcast titled Whooping Cough Returns to California After Decades of Decline in March of 2011, reporter Joanne Faryon of KPBS in San Diego interviewed "two of the world's leading whooping cough experts" who had differing opinions about why whooping cough was returning among "highly vaccinated communities around the ...
Posted By: Scout1

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 04:42 AM

Ask a Mayan or Inca about getting vaccinated!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 07:49 AM

The government knows best. It is silly to let people decide what's best for their children when we have government experts to do it
Posted By: Matt28

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 10:50 AM

Why would you not want to get your kid vaccinated?
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
The government knows best. It is silly to let people decide what's best for their children when we have government experts to do it

^^^ *sarcasm level: expert*
Well said.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:42 AM

The government should not tell anyone what they have to, or cannot, put into their body. It's beyond tyrannical to force someone to inject themselves or their children with chemicals against their will. That being said, everyone should get vaccinated, vaccines do not cause disease; the only people that think that are "google" doctors and uneducated folks. All my kids are vaccinated, and yours should be too. It should be done because it's the right thing to do though, not because some government goon forced you to.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
The government should not tell anyone what they have to, or cannot, put into their body. It's beyond tyrannical to force someone to inject themselves or their children with chemicals against their will. That being said, everyone should get vaccinated, vaccines do not cause disease; the only people that think that are "google" doctors and uneducated folks. All my kids are vaccinated, and yours should be too. It should be done because it's the right thing to do though, not because some government goon forced you to.

I agree with you loosegoose.

Lets take this one step further though. If your child is not vaccinated should they then be deemed unqualified to attend public school?

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Lets take this one step further though. If your child is not vaccinated should they then be deemed unqualified to attend public school?

I'm not sure about that. Government is required to provide free education, so there's a problem if they tell you that your kids can't come to school. But at the same time, I understand the desire to not have kids spreading polio and such like it's the 1950's. I guess if I had to pick, I'd say I'd have to lean toward the "freedom" side and say unvaccinated kids can go to public school.
Posted By: k snow

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:55 AM

If we require kids to be vaccinated, then we should require immigrants to be vaccinated. Where are the new outbreaks of old diseases originating from?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:00 PM

Get them Vaccinated....

Growing up with a Father who had Polio and one arm that worked made us Understand.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Why would you not want to get your kid vaccinated?

Many who will not get their kids vaccinated are paranoid about anything that can remotely be looked at as government related. I wonder if these folks accept any SSI past what they have paid in or know how easily their activities can be tracked because of their cell phones?

There are also many who are trend followers and buy into what a few popular celebrities like Jenny McCarthy tell them:
In 2007 there was an increase in celebrities promoting anti-vaccination rhetoric. Because of their celebrity status they appeared on several television shows and published multiple books advising parents not to vaccinate their children. This has led to an increase in the number of vaccine preventable illnesses as well as an increase in the number of vaccine preventable deaths.

The Anti-Vaccination Movement has a body count attached to its name. This website publishes the total number of vaccine preventable illnesses and vaccine preventable deaths that have happened in the United States since this 2007 increase in speaking out against vaccines.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:09 PM

How does refusing to allow a non-vaccinated kid to attend public school protect vaccinated kids? The vaccinated kids wont get sick because of it. The un-vaccinated kid might though.

The only conclusion is that school boards and government agency's think that parents are to stupid to make intelligent choices.

There ARE risks with vaccines. Very low risks but still risks. The risk for allowing kids to get three day measles, mumps and chicken pox is also low. People my age have all had those things and most of us did not die from it. Polio and smallpox are gone for the most part. I have never met anyone that got lockjaw, (tetanus today) from stepping on a nail or whatever even though people constantly worry about it.

People who want their kid vaccinated have no problem doing so. I worry more about do-gooders always telling someone else how to live than I worry about typhoid fever. My kids all got vaccinated btw so all you types who want to tell everybody else how to live don't bother lecturing me.

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:33 PM

Tetanus morbidity and mortality has declined in the United States since the 1940s, when tetanus toxoid-containing vaccines such as the diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTaP) vaccine became widely available. In the decades since, the United States has seen a 95% decline in the number of tetanus cases and a 99% decrease in the number of tetanus-related deaths. However, spores of the Clostridium tetani bacteria that cause tetanus still persist in soil, dust, and manure and can lead to an infection known as lockjaw if the bacteria comes into contact with exposed wounds, typically within 3 to 21 days.

“Unvaccinated or inadequately vaccinated persons are at risk for tetanus, irrespective of age, and recovery from tetanus disease does not confer immunity,” the study investigators wrote.

In the case study, investigators detail a tetanus infection in an unvaccinated 6-year-old boy that began after the child sustained an injury while playing outdoors on a farm. Although the wound was cleaned and sutured, 6 days after the injury the boy began to experience symptoms including jaw clenching, involuntary upper extremity muscle spasms, arching of the neck and back (opisthotonus), and breathing difficulty. His parents notified emergency medical services and the child was transported by air to a pediatric medical facility, where he was admitted to a pediatric intensive care unit and required sedation, endotracheal intubation, and mechanical ventilation.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by James

Jim

X2
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:43 PM

The main reason some people think it is not necessary to vaccinate their children is because of the 95% of people that DO have their children vaccinated.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 12:54 PM

Wonder if them same folks that don't vaccinate their kids let the pets run vaccine free too??? Don't think there is a place in US don't require at least Rabies vac???

Mac
Posted By: Zim

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 01:10 PM

I'm not sure about that. Government is required to provide free education, so there's a problem if they tell you that your kids can't come to school. But at the same time, I understand the desire to not have kids spreading polio and such like it's the 1950's. I guess if I had to pick, I'd say I'd have to lean toward the "freedom" side and say unvaccinated kids can go to public school.
[/quote]

Tell me more about this government required "free" education. I seem to be paying in quite a bit of money every year to provide a "free" education for a lot of folks.

Zim

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

Tell me more about this government required "free" education. I seem to be paying in quite a bit of money every year to provide a "free" education for a lot of folks.

Zim[/quote]

You know exactly what I mean when I say free education. I really doubt I need to explain it to you. What's your point?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 01:15 PM

much of the anti-vax movement is based on the autism rates.

research has found much of the link to Autism to waiting to have kids till late in birthing years. they are not just high risk for the mother they are high risk for the child as well.

women are at their prime from 16-29 for baby making, as the father of a 17 year old daughter I don't think she is ready and I think she should wait a few years . but if she plans to have kids and circumstances work out then I would encourage her to have them before 30.

the study also finds men over 40 aren't contributing their peak genetic material either. so waiting till your 50 to have a child with your 25 year old girl friend isn't an ideal situation either.

all 3 of my children were born before we were 26. but it takes setting priorities and some sacrifice .

I understand sometimes circumstances don't work out but so many people are playing kid till they turn 30-35 then the clock starts ticking for them when they are already high risk.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20100208/autism-risk-rises-with-mothers-age#1
Posted By: Zim

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 01:41 PM

Zim[/quote]

You know exactly what I mean when I say free education. I really doubt I need to explain it to you. What's your point?

[/quote] It's the free part that has me confused. I guess to a liberal everything the government provides if free.

Zim

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zim

It's the free part that has me confused. I guess to a liberal everything the government provides if free.

Zim

Ugh. Apparently you do need it explained. Nothing the government provides is free, it's overpriced and poorly run. Obviously free public education isn't free, it's paid for with property taxes. It's free in the sense that you don't pay a monthly enrollment fee to send your children there. If you fail to pay your property taxes, you can still send your kids there. If you rent, you don't pay property taxes, at least not directly, and you can still send your kids to public school.

But then again, you already knew all that. I'm not sure what your point is. Public school not actually being free has nothing to do with this thread. It's about vaccines.

Posted By: K52

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
How does refusing to allow a non-vaccinated kid to attend public school protect vaccinated kids? The vaccinated kids wont get sick because of it. The un-vaccinated kid might though.

The only conclusion is that school boards and government agency's think that parents are to stupid to make intelligent choices.

There ARE risks with vaccines. Very low risks but still risks. The risk for allowing kids to get three day measles, mumps and chicken pox is also low. People my age have all had those things and most of us did not die from it. Polio and smallpox are gone for the most part. I have never met anyone that got lockjaw, (tetanus today) from stepping on a nail or whatever even though people constantly worry about it.

People who want their kid vaccinated have no problem doing so. I worry more about do-gooders always telling someone else how to live than I worry about typhoid fever. My kids all got vaccinated btw so all you types who want to tell everybody else how to live don't bother lecturing me.

If you think their aren't parents to stupid to make intelligent choices regarding their children you need to see where & how some of these kids live. Talk to a bus driver or two, bet they can tell you some stories. Some kids are raising their selves because of the choices their parents make.

Danny you said polio & smallpox are gone for the most part, wonder why ? Recon that was a natural turn of events ?
Posted By: Bob

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 02:06 PM

I have 4 small children in school. If your kids aren’t vaccinated keep them away from mine. Kids are walking Petri dishes as it is. The reason vaccinations works is because they kill the disease before it has a chance to mutate by enhancing the immune response. If your kid is unvaccinated they could be showing no symptoms but could be carrying a mutating version of a deadly disease that my kids vaccination may not be effective against.

It’s not a government control issue, it’s a keep your diseases at home if you choose to allow them issue.
Posted By: danvee

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 03:15 PM

Get them vaccinated, as far as having to send them to school, if you don't like the system keep them at home and home school them. If you don't like the system don't belong to it, get a piece of land and build a sod hut, eat possum and wear furs.

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by James

Jim

X2

X3
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bob
I have 4 small children in school. If your kids aren’t vaccinated keep them away from mine. Kids are walking Petri dishes as it is. The reason vaccinations works is because they kill the disease before it has a chance to mutate by enhancing the immune response. If your kid is unvaccinated they could be showing no symptoms but could be carrying a mutating version of a deadly disease that my kids vaccination may not be effective against.

It’s not a government control issue, it’s a keep your diseases at home if you choose to allow them issue.

If your kids are vaccinated then what does it matter? That is right, your kid was only vaccinated against ONE strand. Why do you think some many people get the flew that got the 'flew shot'?

What is the point in getting vaccinated for these 'dead' viruses?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 05:56 PM

If as a parent you are not intelligent enough to protect both your children

and vaccinated children as well, then keep your disease ridden, germ infested progeny

out of our public schools and home school them instead.

w
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
If as a parent you are not intelligent enough to protect both your children

and vaccinated children as well, then keep your disease ridden, germ infested progeny

out of our public schools and home school them instead.

w

Mine are vaccinated but truth be told, public is for the public.
If you don't like it, you need to keep your kids away. You can't stomp on other's freedom.

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bob

No, you need to keep your kids away. Public is public and freedom is for everyone.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:31 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: white17

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Seems to me that a win-win solution is to vaccinate your kids and home school them !

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:44 PM

Sprung&Rusty, do you believe people infected with HIV should be required to inform their partners before engaging in certain activities? Now what if, there was a series of shots someone could get to prevent them from transmitting a potentially deadly disease. Oh wait...

Ever had shingles? If so, you may wish you had the chicken pox vaccine. Ever had measles, mumps, rubella, Ebola? If not, you can thank a vaccination.

Are you against all government regulation such as trapping regulations and speed limits and laws against murder and theft, or just the ones that could prevent horrible diseases from spreading through kids and others with suppressed immune systems?

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by white17
Seems to me that a win-win solution is to vaccinate your kids and home school them !

I do both
grin

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:52 PM

So did I back many years ago
Posted By: Squash

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 06:55 PM

My mother survived polio in the 50s , my brothers and I were some of the first in my area to get the Salk vaccine. My mother knew how bad polio was. Like today, Many back then too were opposed to getting the vaccine. Because of the Salk vaccine , Polio has all but disappeared except for some third world countries. Get your kids vaccinated or join the Amish , home school, and rejoin the dark ages. grin

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 07:52 PM

Agree Squash! a lot of folks on this site bash the government and I don't agree with all they do but there are choices. Get a piece of land and live like a hermit in a sod house or dug out, grow a garden, eat possum or what ever else you can find. Heck you don't need hospitals, attorneys, trucks, schools, military or LE just enjoy life. I wonder how many of us could live like we did 200 years ago. Yeah I hear we are all mighty hunters and trappers. 4 wheel drives, with climate control, more guns that we can shoot in a year, military and law enforcement protection, crop insurance and "A Country Boy Can Survive". Im sure there are a lot of countries a person could immigrate to and live like we did 200 years ago, any volunteers.
Posted By: corky

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 07:55 PM

They had vaccines at Valley Forge?

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by corky

They had vaccines at Valley Forge?

Sure ! Hot lead & cold steel !! Cured a lot of Red Coat problems

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 08:57 PM

It's kinda like so many other things in today's America, you gotta hate everything about the government or some will call you a koolaid drinker, sheep, or....... a conformist laugh....real men are anti vac, anti gov, and just about anti everything they are told is not fitting for their type.

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Sprung&Rusty, do you believe people infected with HIV should be required to inform their partners before engaging in certain activities? Now what if, there was a series of shots someone could get to prevent them from transmitting a potentially deadly disease. Oh wait...

Ever had shingles? If so, you may wish you had the chicken pox vaccine. Ever had measles, mumps, rubella, Ebola? If not, you can thank a vaccination.

Are you against all government regulation such as trapping regulations and speed limits and laws against murder and theft, or just the ones that could prevent horrible diseases from spreading through kids and others with suppressed immune systems?

I'm vaccinated (mmr) and my children are too. So you may want to re-phrase your question. You would have known that if you read my two posts.
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
If we require kids to be vaccinated, then we should require immigrants to be vaccinated. Where are the new outbreaks of old diseases originating from?

good point-is there any facts behind that statement? Not disagreeing just asking is all

Re: School vaccinations - 10/31/19 11:22 PM

Actually they did come up with a vaccine crude but worked, at Valley Forge for Washington's army saved them from small pox.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: School vaccinations - 11/01/19 12:19 AM

I think this fits

Attached picture 838A02F8-583D-4F70-B808-6C49AA2B59A4.jpeg

Re: School vaccinations - 11/01/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

I'm vaccinated (mmr) and my children are too. So you may want to re-phrase your question. You would have known that if you read my two posts.

So, what pray tell was the reason you and your kids got vaccinated? Surely it wasn't necessary since those diseases are long gone. Big brother made ya do it, huh?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums