Home

DEER bow hunt

Posted By: NebrCatMan

DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 02:58 AM

Tonite I got my camies out and sprayed them down and hung everything outside on a clothes line. Will pack my backpack 2morrow nite and come Saturday morn I'll be sitting in my stand overlooking a frost covered field hoping Bambi's granddaddy will come by. I have not been out deer hunting at all this year ( have elk and antelope hunted), but with the continuing harvest getting some fields cleared off, the tree leaves finally dropping and much colder weather I know it's time to go. The big boys are finally showing up during day lite hours and the pre-rut rituals are going on. I have vacation for the week of the 11th , but I hope to have 1 down by then and working on a second one. I am picky and won't take nothing small...….. yet ! Just really love siting in my stand and watching all nature has to offer. YA never know what you'll see when you become part of the woods!! Anybody else hunting with a string and stick??
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 03:47 AM

I will be soon, next Friday a friend and myself are rolling out to bowhunt in Illinois. I have had my camo scent washed and packed up for three weeks, lol. Season has been in here since September, and I have been a few times, but its been pretty dang hot, and that aint no way to hunt. When I get up out there in the am and walk outside and see my breath then it will be deer season, imo. Good luck to ya.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 05:08 AM

Headed to our place in Illinois Saturday for a week of archery hunting, should be good
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 11:06 AM

Headed to Western Ks Tuesday to hunt Muleys
Posted By: tlguy

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 11:51 AM

Headed up to camp tonight and plan on sitting all day if I have to. I've had a trail camera on a scrape line the last week and it just got hot in the last 12-14 hours. Gotta make the most of it!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lady123

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 12:39 PM

going in the morning temp dropped by 20 degrees last night . supposed to be cool in the morning
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: DEER bow hunt - 11/01/19 03:24 PM

Opening day rifle next Saturday
© 2024 Trapperman Forums