Home

Sleepy Creek Traps

Posted By: trapper314

Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 04:58 AM

Hey guys this is my first year trapping, i have a few traps and they're all Sleepy Creek 1 3/4. i can't find much info on them, Im trapping foxes and wondering if the traps would work well for them?
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 09:49 AM

Yes
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 10:32 AM

Yep.

You can also find info on products at trapping supply places like MTP and F&T websites. I check those places to get measuriments of traps I'm not familiar with.
Posted By: run

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 11:45 AM

Sleepy Creek is my favourite brand of trap. I know the company is basically extinct.
Posted By: trapper314

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 04:27 PM

Would the 1 3/4 also hold a coyote?
Posted By: conibearguy

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/01/19 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by trapper314

With a perfect catch, yes. Not made to hold them repeatedly.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by run
Sleepy Creek is my favourite brand of trap. I know the company is basically extinct.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I keep hoping they will sell out and re-open.
Posted By: run

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 10:15 AM

AJE, it is good to hear from other Sleepy Creek fans.
Posted By: Miley

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 10:42 AM

Shoot Ron Leggett a call, he’s in your neck of the woods. Pretty sure the 1 3/4 sleepy creek was all he used on his out of state coyote trapping trips!
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by conibearguy

With a perfect catch, yes. Not made to hold them repeatedly.

Really?
Posted By: Swampgator

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 12:49 PM

Keep your chains short with at least two heavy duty swivels, you may want to add beefer springs
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 12:58 PM

my first 2 years going after coyotes all I used was duke 1.75s not even modified just a stock trap and held just fine sure I had to bang a dog flat every once in a while but they held fine. since then I have base plated them and drilled out the pan bolt to a 10-32 bolt to take the pan creep out of them. honestly they are a pretty good trap for the money. are there better traps absolutely but that don't mean you gotta use them. I bought a dozen mb550s they are really nice but at a steep price. I couldn't afford them when I first started trapping k9s but could afford the dukes and they worked fine. sleepy creek is a better trap then the dukes in my opinion so I see no reason to not use them for coyote too.
Posted By: tmrschessie

Re: Sleepy Creek Traps - 11/04/19 01:00 PM

Trapped a lot of coyotes with 1.75 Victors no reason a Sleepy Creek won't hold em...just stake em to hold one. On 24 hour check I don't see any problems.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums