Home

displaced hunter

Posted By: foxx1

displaced hunter - 11/03/19 02:11 AM

was notified tonite my 90 acres firearms season spot was sold,tommarrow move stands out,Owner never said a word about it being for sale,1 wk befor season im out now.ANY body in southern minn. need a nother hunter to hunt with?? ,avid hunter ,taught firearm safety,no criminal record. PMs only
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 02:12 AM

That sucks! I hope you get another spot.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 02:14 AM

Might be a blessing ..............good things to come i suspect
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 03:19 AM

That sucks. Had that happen on my best goose hunting/ coyote trapping spot

Guy sold it, never says a word

I mowed around the barn as my way of trading right to use

Day before the opener of goose session another guy calls and says he now has hunting rights as it was sold to his buddy

They let me mow it all summer and never says a word.
Posted By: Bob

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 04:00 AM

You only have 90 acres to hunt? That’s crazy! Here I am complaining that there was three other hunters on the 13,000+ acres I was hunting today... puts it in perspective
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bob
You only have 90 acres to hunt? That’s crazy! Here I am complaining that there was three other hunters on the 13,000+ acres I was hunting today... puts it in perspective

You need a lot more land in the west to equal the productivity of land in the east.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 07:56 AM

That happened to us once 3 teen kids, my Dad and I. Had to find a New hunting home.

We now use an 80 & another 80 4 miles apart.

I hope You find a new spot.
Posted By: cci

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Michigan Trappin
That sucks. Had that happen on my best goose hunting/ coyote trapping spot

Guy sold it, never says a word

I mowed around the barn as my way of trading right to use

Day before the opener of goose session another guy calls and says he now has hunting rights as it was sold to his buddy

They let me mow it all summer and never says a word.

If he knew i would send him a bill.
Posted By: midlander

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 12:22 PM

[/quote]
Originally Posted by Dirty D
[quote=Bob]You only have 90 acres to hunt? That’s crazy! Here I am complaining that there was three other hunters on the 13,000+ acres I was hunting today... puts it in perspective

You need a lot more land in the west to equal the productivity of land in the east.

X2
Posted By: rick olson

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 12:39 PM

Not good hope you can find a new piece,i've have land but i'm at least 300 north of you.Good luck,we will be losing 200 acers next year,kinda the same thing wasn't given the chance to make an offer on it.Been asking about for the last 25 years we rented it for years farming it and was part of Willow Creek Hunt Club,guess that didn't mean anything to the land owner and he was part of the hunt club,holding on to tradison doesn't mean anything to him I guess,rant over.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 01:14 PM

Wow. Us guys in central pa are spoiled. We are surrounded(within 2hrs) by at least 2 million acres of state forests and gamelands not counting other huntable public lands.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Wow. Us guys in central pa are spoiled. We are surrounded(within 2hrs) by at least 2 million acres of state forests and gamelands not counting other huntable public lands.

and they are taken care of top notch,at least up here.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 01:21 PM

Hope you find something. I don't understand some people. The least they could have done is ask you if you are interested. Even if you weren't it would at least be a kind jester.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rick olson
Not good hope you can find a new piece,i've have land but i'm at least 300 north of you.Good luck,we will be losing 200 acers next year,kinda the same thing wasn't given the chance to make an offer on it.Been asking about for the last 25 years we rented it for years farming it and was part of Willow Creek Hunt Club,guess that didn't mean anything to the land owner and he was part of the hunt club,holding on to tradison doesn't mean anything to him I guess,rant over.

When I see/read/experience this I often wonder what motivates people to act so inconsiderate or unthoughtful to others. Sometimes it's greed, sometimes it's "sour grapes" over some past disagreement or other incident, sometimes there is no reason or motive.....just doesn't make sense.

Sorry to hear of how you've been unfairly treated. I understand how close you are to the opener, are there some area landowners you can try ? Hopefully you have a plat book for your county.
Best wishes..
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 05:23 PM

Have a friend who hunts southern Mn. He said there are some good sized public lands that aren't used much. Have you looked in to that?
mt
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 09:07 PM

I'd be asking here http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/ind...953ccb1159f1dd81da65365&action=forum
and here https://fishingminnesota.com/forums/ if I was you!
Posted By: Pike River

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

and they are taken care of top notch,at least up here.

Thats what i hear. I'm working in the wife to maybe retire near Dubois
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pike

and they are taken care of top notch,at least up here.[/quote

Thats what i hear. I'm working in the wife to maybe retire near Dubois

Whitetail,bear, turkey, elk, fisher, bobcat, beaver all around there, u sure u wanna move there?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 10:40 PM

Is dubois not a good area? Ive got close to two decades to plan. I'm open for suggestions.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: displaced hunter - 11/03/19 10:43 PM

great area
© 2024 Trapperman Forums