Home

Guns

Posted By: rex123

Guns - 11/05/19 01:59 AM

Do you or would you loan out one of your guns?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:01 AM

I have loaned guns and a crossbow. They got beat up pretty bad, but I would loan them to the right person again.

Keith
Posted By: goldnut

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:05 AM

Never again!
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:08 AM

to the right person sure.

For the record i can probably count on one hand all of those people though. Also only certain guns, those that can be replaced.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:13 AM

No. I will allow someone to use one of my guns if we go hunting together, but other than that nobody touches my guns except my wife.

That doesn’t hardly ever become an issue though, I don’t have any friends or acquaintances that hunt who don’t have their own.
Posted By: Prn

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:20 AM

No way would I loan out a gun of mine. My kids maybe, not my guns lol.
Posted By: MAArcher

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:23 AM

Depends on the gun. I have guns that I specifically bought to loan so people can come hunt with me. I have deer hunting friends and family who only duck hunt or hunt birds if they come with me and my dog, so I have a cheap over under that I can loan if needed.

I have a gun that my father helped my buy, my first and only really nice gun. I wouldn't likely loan that out, I'd be upset if something happened to it. I want all its wear and tear to be from me when I pass it on.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:25 AM

My friends and family are more important to me than some wear and tear on my guns, I do and would loam them out to people I trust.
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:28 AM

I used to let my son borrow any gun he wanted to use. But I don't anymore. Because I bought him several.... many... so that he would not have to borrow mine! His wife who never grew up around guns kinda got mad... She wanted to put a stop to his gun ownership. Kept saying their kids could get into them. I took care of that nonsense...…. I bought him a safe for his B day! What are dads for anyway?
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:28 AM

Be careful with some of the red flag laws being proposed.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:32 AM

Not sure if this counts but I have both Berreta A400's and Benelli M2's that I let the young ladies use on the ladies trap team I coach?
Other than that I'm with Bob, wanna be my hunting acquaintance, buy a dang gun.

Osky
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:32 AM

We here in oregon have some sticky new transfer laws ....so prolly not
Posted By: 160user

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:54 AM

I would rather loan out my underwear and toothbrush than a rifle!
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 03:04 AM

My father taught me a long long time ago, never ever lend out your dog, your knife, or your gun. It has worked out quite well for me. My dogs have always been true to me, my knife is always sharp, and I always know where my guns are.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 03:10 AM

Not just to anyone, but to the right person yes. It is just wood and metal. When you die it may got in a yard sale. LOL
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 03:16 AM

None of my guns hold much sentimental value. I wouldn't loan any of them out to just anyone, but if a friend needed one for a legitimate reason, I'd be happy to lend one out with an understanding that it would be returned by a certain date and in similar condition. Most of my friends have just as many guns as me, at least we did before they all wound up at the bottom of the lake in that boating accident.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by 160user

I'm hurt and offended....... you are on my list of people I would loan a gun to.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Not just to anyone, but to the right person yes. It is just wood and metal. When you die it may got in a yard sale. LOL

That’s true but guns are expensive and I don’t want to have to wonder if it was dropped or something. Nobody takes care of my guns like me. Not only that, you could be on the hook for lawsuits, the gun may be confiscated or even criminal charges if the gun is used unlawfully or is involved in an accident. Not a risk I’m willing to take

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 04:00 AM

Not only that, you could be on the hook for lawsuits, the gun may be confiscated or even criminal charges if the gun is used unlawfully or is involved in an accident. Not a risk I’m willing to take

Yep,..more the reason to push against these idiotic flag laws,...it's all encompassing .
One shouldn't have to worry whether their offspring is "validated". Freedom of your own actions should prevail!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 04:09 AM

I'd rather loan out (and have) a rifle than a chainsaw.
I won't loan out my crossbow anymore though; every time it comes back it's missing a couple of high-priced arrows. No one ever has offered to replace or reimburse me for them.

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 04:43 AM

You need to sight that bow in better! grin
Posted By: waggler

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 05:05 AM

^^^^
That crossbow is dead-nuts-on. the previous borrowers somehow always lose an arrow or two, and more often than not wreck an arrow beyond reuse when they hit a deer.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 05:20 AM

Both guns I have loaned out, for more than a day, were12 guage, Remington Express, Super Mag Combos, I bought for that purpose. I bought them to get my youngest brother Nick and cousin Matt into hunting, while they were relatively poor college students. I later loaned them to my relatively rich friends, Jeremy and Gus, to get them into hunting. Jeremy bought his own gun after a few months. Gus used my gun for over a year. Gus also used my crossbow a lot. He returned it all scratched up. The next time he borrowed it I figured out how he scratched it up, when I saw him using it like a bulldozer to push through heavy brush. I suggested that it was time for him to buy his own crossbow then.

I have had much worse luck loaning out traps. Many I never got back. One box trap had 3 holes made by a 12 guage shotgun in it, from a kid working for my friend, taking care of a coon.

Keith
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 10:22 AM

Never, I lent a 6mm Remington 700 out to a friend once and never saw it again, it was stolen off him
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 10:29 AM

some yes,some no
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 10:46 AM

Only on a rare occasion but I have.

I agree completely with Waggler about the chainsaw. If I'm cutting wood with a neighbor I bring my own gas even when they offer theirs.

Guess I'm strange that way.

Pete
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 11:06 AM

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." No one uses my guns.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 11:52 AM

NO! These guns of mine are trained. It would be negligence on my part to let someone handle them. If you was to lay one down and walk away they may shoot whatever comes by.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 12:02 PM

I loan mine out all the time to friends and family that enjoy hunting and/or trap shooting but don't have the proper guns to participate. I am almost always present or a least in the area when someone is using one of my borrowed guns.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 12:03 PM

Sure, to my good friends. My oldest cousin has one right now testing it.

Y'all don't have friends you'd trust your life to?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 160user

You offered to loan me a Rifle a few years ago for my Alaskan Bear hunt wink
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 12:57 PM

Certain guns only, heck I got one "borrowed" out for about 4 years now.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 12:59 PM

depends on the gun, the person, and the circumstances.
having said that, other than immediate family that was hunting with me, I've never done it
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
Do you or would you loan out one of your guns?

I have , loaned it out for an entire deer season at the time oct-jan 2 years till he bought his own rifle, it was a friend I knew well he had a hand gun but not a rifle. I figured if Army intell could trust him I could trust him with a 30-30

my brother has borrowed guns as has my dad

kids use my guns all the time at the range as loaners but I am there to supervise. I only bring guns for them to use I know I can get parts for and fix myself it something breaks , you couls say I own them or keep owning them mostly to support youth shooting.

here is a better question. one people seldom think about , you leave your kids with people all the time. I would wager most of you left your kids with people you wouldn't loan a gun too. why would you leave your 0-10 year old with some one you wouldn't loan a gun too?

there are obviously guns that I don't loan out to anyone

Posted By: charles

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 02:32 PM

If hunting together.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Guns - 11/05/19 04:50 PM

Like my wife..... you can looky but no touchy.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums