Home

I won't be monogunous

Posted By: James

I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 01:45 PM

There's scary, subversive talk on the forum. Talk of hunters being better off with only one gun. Dangerous talk. Disgusting talk.

Only one gun. Yes, you heard me right. Isn't that outrageous!

A man should have as many guns as he can take care of. I'm tempted to liken guns to women; except that the right to keep and bear women is not preserved in the Constitution.

Jim
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 01:46 PM

laugh
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 01:54 PM

Guns are different then women. Guns dont get made when they find out about the other guns.
Posted By: Osky

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 01:56 PM

Hats off to you James you have created a new word.
And I agree.

Osky
Posted By: Bob

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:00 PM

You can’t just have one gun, that’s madness. You need one for each species you hunt plus a backup for each of those at least. I have my one favorite deer rifle that I always reach for.... but that one morning when I reached for it on opening day and the scope wiggled there was another right behind to to serve in its place, and I ended up killing my biggest deer ever that morning! If I had only had one gun I’d have missed that opportunity!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:12 PM

But if you could only have one what would it be.

Easy for me 12 gauge pump .......................... with extra slug barrel and screw in chokes.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:20 PM

Me either that's why I have two girlfriends
Posted By: Pike River

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:22 PM

N+1

N being the current number of arms owned.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:24 PM

One gun in your hands at a time maybe.
All my other guns would get lonely if they didn't have something to lean up against.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:29 PM

i'm jealous,lost all mine in that great boat accident of 2012. whistle
Posted By: Dirt

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:30 PM

I have about as many guns as I have hammers. I don't collect unnecessary guns or hammers. Never quite understood peoples obsession with guns? confused
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:45 PM

De
Originally Posted by Dirt
I have about as many guns as I have hammers. I don't collect unnecessary guns or hammers. Never quite understood peoples obsession with guns? confused

Define, "unnecessary guns".

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 02:55 PM

If I have a .22LR semi auto, I don't need to have more than one. Maybe two, in case one breaks. The third one would be unnecessary.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by virgil1972
Guns are different then women. Guns dont get made when they find out about the other guns.

grin
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:25 PM

I agree more than 1 is better. Its better than playing the stock market. If you buy smart you will never lose money.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:39 PM

I don't think having 100s of guns wouldn't give you as much grief as one woman can.. :-)

Mac

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:46 PM

100's of guns over a lifetime is lots cheaper than a lifetime with a woman too. too bad guns can't cook meat instead of just making it......
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
100's of guns over a lifetime is lots cheaper than a lifetime with a woman too. too bad guns can't cook meat instead of just making it......

Lay a piece back strap over the barrel of the auto loader and blaze away..

Mac
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 03:59 PM

that is why the 2nd protects the right to Keep and Bear ARMS , plural arms

Samuel Whittemore showed us the importance of having ARMS , when he took on a division of Regulars firing his musket so fast that they though they were under attack by a squad.

when the regulars charged he dropped one with his musket , one with each pistol and then drew his Calvary saber , at this point he was shot in the face , and bayoneted , but the lived. had every American taken out more than 3 Regulars before being taken out of the fight they wouldn't have been able to ship them over fast enough to keep up and it wouldn't have taken 8 years to win Independence.

the discussion on one gun was about hunting , specifically substance meat hunting and in that context has merit that you always carry your one very familiar to you gun with and you make meat when the opportunity presents it's self.

contrary to some peoples belief your right has nothing to do with hunting and everything to do with self defense.

as a subsistence hunter there is also the limit of what you can carry.

James you were also talking to a Canadian. it is some different for them.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 04:02 PM

god gave us more than one arm,he knew the deal.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by virgil1972

They don't care if you leave the toilet seat up either.
Posted By: 160user

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

So you only have a framing hammer? Not a chipping hammer, finishing hammer, 8 pound maul, small sledge hammer, tack hammer or rubber mallet? All hammers but not interchangeable. You need at least 1 for every application, just like guns.

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 06:35 PM

My dad never owned many guns. a 308 a 22 and a 16 gauge pump. Anything he wanted to kill one of those would get the job done. My grandad had a few. So did my uncle. Dirt, I have some old traps I doubt I ever use. I just like owning them. I just have stuff that for one reason or another interests me. I have an old h and r pistol made before WWII. Its a 9 shot 22 revolver and not very valuable on the open market. But I like it. You push up the rear sight and the gun folds open kinda like a breech loading single shot shotgun. The ejector pushes all the brass out when you do it. Old gun is still accurate. I just like it so I keep it. Have traps like that too. Old jump traps not considered collectable but I like them. I use one time to time cause I like the simplicity of them I guess.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 06:49 PM

Taking inventory again James?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by James
There's scary, subversive talk on the forum. Talk of hunters being better off with only one gun. Dangerous talk. Disgusting talk.

Only one gun. Yes, you heard me right. Isn't that outrageous!

A man should have as many guns as he can take care of. I'm tempted to liken guns to women; except that the right to keep and bear women is not preserved in the Constitution.

Jim

I like bare women, some more than others.

Keith

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 08:09 PM

My dad never owned many guns. a 308 a 22 and a 16 gauge pump. Anything he wanted to kill one of those would get the job done. My grandad had a few. So did my uncle. Dirt, I have some old traps I doubt I ever use. I just like owning them. I just have stuff that for one reason or another interests me. I have an old h and r pistol made before WWII. Its a 9 shot 22 revolver and not very valuable on the open market. But I like it. You push up the rear sight and the gun folds open kinda like a breech loading single shot shotgun. The ejector pushes all the brass out when you do it. Old gun is still accurate. I just like it so I keep it. Have traps like that too. Old jump traps not considered collectable but I like them. I use one time to time cause I like the simplicity of them I guess.

I also have some old traps and some old guns I never use. I don't go buy new ones that I don't need though. I have more hammers than guns. I need more hammers.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 08:15 PM

I agree that you need several more than one, but remember the saying beware of the man with one gun, as he probably knows how to use it.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH
I agree that you need several more than one, but remember the saying beware of the man with one gun, as he probably knows how to use it.

DINGDINGDINGDING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!
Posted By: mainer

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/06/19 09:48 PM

Good post, Danny! I like jumps too.
Posted By: waggler

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/07/19 12:05 AM

Guns are an appreciating asset; women a depreciating asset.
Posted By: red mt

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/07/19 12:21 AM

And besides you can sell a gun you do not like
And women you end up selling a few things if you do not like them whistle
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I won't be monogunous - 11/07/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by trapNH

If you look up "truth" in the dictionary, this will will be what you will find.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums