Home

Recreational vehicle dealers

Posted By: AJE

Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/08/19 04:06 AM

Others that live in small towns may be noticing the same thing, but around here it's hard to find local dealers nowadays. I hear the manufacturers place too many restrictions that have crippled a lot of the little guys. We used to have a Ski-Doo dealer, a Polaris dealer, and a Cat dealer in town. All 3 have lost or given up the big name product at their shop & tried to find other niches to survive. Now we lost our Harley dealer. Long term, I'm not sure rural folks are going to be willing to drive an hour to a dealer. I'm not convinced the long term strategy of the big time rec vehicle manufacturer's is the right one. Our John Deere dealer is no more, either. Some are trying to survive on so called generic brands. It'll be interesting.
Posted By: run

Re: Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/08/19 02:14 PM

I got an hour to the closest Harley Davidson dealer. I don't like our J.D. dealer. I would rather buy parts from Fisher Auto Parts unless they don't have it in stock.
Posted By: run

Re: Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/08/19 02:25 PM

We got a Kubota dealer with super foul attitudes. I would not be sad to see them go.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/08/19 02:41 PM

Back in the day you used to be able to tell what dealerships were around by what ATV or snow machines you seen around. My dad had an arctic cat for years like almost everyone in the area and then all of a sudden you started seeing John Deere Liqui fires everywhere. Then Polaris sleds started popping up. For years every 4 wheeler in the county was a Polaris. I always thought that was one of the best things. Locals supported local because it is what they had and most never thought of traveling 200 miles because they liked ski doo more. I hadn't seen that for years in my travels living around the us in the east and Ohio and west coast in Washington. Now I moved to rural Wyoming and low and behold i have maybe the only Yamaha Rhino in town lol. Lots of Polaris though. But there is a local Polaris dealer in town that is supposedly and excellent service shop and stands behind everything. Family owned operation. I know they are disappearing daily but I sure do like when i find a good local place. I can get parts half price online but a lot of the times i find it is still cheaper going in town because they certainly know more than me and my thought of what is wrong is often incorrect. I just like the small time good knowledgable service. That just doesn't hit all of the corporate check boxes for the big company.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/09/19 08:13 AM

Well said dude.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Recreational vehicle dealers - 11/09/19 07:49 PM

Run, We also have a Kubota dealer in our area that has a horrible attitude. I drive almost an hour out of my way to another Kubota dealer if i need anything for my farm tractor or lawn tractor. AJE a year or so ago my wife and i purchased a new Kawasaki sxs from our local dealer. Several months after our purchase they closed the doors. The closest Kawasaki dealer to us is about 1.5 hours away and they seem to get miffed if you need their services since we didnt buy the unit from them. Eric
© 2024 Trapperman Forums