Home

Heated seats

Posted By: AJE

Heated seats - 11/08/19 04:47 AM

Dang is it cold here already. For those of us lacking the heated seat luxury of newer trucks, has anyone found a good heated seat pad that plugs into a trucks ciggarete lighter? I'd like 1 that shuts itself off if I forget to unplug it.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Heated seats - 11/08/19 05:02 AM

Makes my butt sweat! whistle
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Heated seats - 11/08/19 05:05 AM

My wife loves her heated steering wheel....
Posted By: cpizzicharlie

Re: Heated seats - 11/08/19 01:51 PM

Have both and heated steering wheel is the best, I don't use the heated set but my wife loves it.

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 08:17 AM

I've heard people love the feature. I'm just thinking there's gotta be a way to add it to my '09.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 12:40 PM

Funny this came up.

Just the other day I was driving a customer's car and I started to scrutch around, my butt was starting to itch. Then I noticed why, hot seat. I don't know how or why folks like them. Maybe in the vinyl seat days, maybe....lol
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 01:12 PM

Love the one that I have in the car when my back is sore. Wish I had one in the trruck.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 01:15 PM

my son came home from pluggin wells and has an heated jacket.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 01:21 PM

My 2015 GMC has a factory installed remote starter....so I can start the truck from my kitchen...and it automatically activates the heated seats and also turns on the heater...even if the heater was in the off position.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 01:22 PM

I thought that heated seats were only installed in leather seats, but my buddy has a new Ford F 150 with cloth seats and he had them retro fitted with seat warmers!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 01:36 PM

Ford at one time had heated and cooled seats. The seat fabric had little tiny holes in it, and there was a little tiny unit under the seat complete with it's own air filter that blew air through the seat. I don't think they have it anymore though.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 04:03 PM

Get thee to Auto Trim Design.....
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 04:22 PM

I have heat seats on my BMW motorcycle, sure help on a cold ride, along with the heated grips. They would have to be nice in a truck!
Posted By: grumpa

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 04:25 PM

Never thought I'd like heated seats until I turned on mine when my back was aching. Man, it sure relaxes.and eases the pain. You young guys wouldn't understand. The seat does get too warm, but the lumbar heat is the cats butt.
Posted By: white17

Re: Heated seats - 11/09/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
My wife loves her heated steering wheel....

I'll bet that's tough to sit on !!

Re: Heated seats - 11/10/19 10:12 AM

I mainly want to buy 1 not for everyday use but for warming up after hunting or trapping.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Heated seats - 11/10/19 11:39 AM

I have heated and cooled seats in my 16 GMC Sierra, I dont use the features much but my kids do.
I have used the heated seat after cold morning long runs when marathon training and it made my legs and butt cheeks feel better. The cooled seats basically have a fan that sucks the heated air in summer out of the seat and blows it to the back seat area in my crew cab. My sons learned that if they are driving they can fart and turn that on and blow it all to the passenger behind them which if they are diving then the rear passenger would generally be me.. Couple real jokers those too are.

I do recall one morning last season after checking sets and hiking back a 1/2 mile to truck in teeth of a 20 below stiff north wind that the heated seats helped me.warm up faster than just the fan heated blower out the dash and foot area did.

My wife's 17 volvo xc60 has both heated seats and heated steering. That heated steering is nice for cold fingers.

Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums