Home

Michael Drejka Sentenced

Posted By: Lugnut

Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 04:47 PM

Remember the guy that shot an unarmed man after he shoved him to the ground? There was a thread on here about it this summer. A punk with a gun started harassing a women illegally parked in a handicap zone. Her husband came out of the store and shoved the guy to the ground. The guy pulls a handgun and kills him even though he was retreating after seeing the gun.

The shooter was charged with manslaughter and sentenced last month to twenty years.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 04:57 PM

Good. I hope he stays in prison, doing hard time, for the full 20 years.

Keith
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 05:09 PM

Glad they follow up with the shooting!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 05:16 PM

Good!!!
Posted By: cotton

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 06:07 PM

bad shooting for sure
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 06:34 PM

He should of got more then 20

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 06:57 PM

The max for manslaughter in Florida is 30 years and the prosecution was pushing for that. the judge said he shaved ten off because the guy had a clean record and cooperated with police. He didn't have a clean record. There were four incidents prior to this shooting where he had road rage and pointed his gun at someone and got reported.

I agree, he should have gotten more time. He killed that guy in front of his family for no reason other than he got shoved to the ground over an incident he started.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 07:12 PM

If the men he is housed with in prison have seen the video, he is deservedly going to have a very bad prison experience.

Keith
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 07:24 PM

Guess you best be careful who you shove to the ground.
Posted By: M.S. Pickins

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 08:05 PM

Shouldn't have shoved him. That's what you get.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins

Getting shoved to the ground isn't (normally) a threat to your life. Deadly force should be reserved for deadly situations.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 10:17 PM

He shouldve watched whos wife he harassed..

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Getting shoved to the ground isn't (normally) a threat to your life. Deadly force should be reserved for deadly situations.

It does not matter if getting shoved to the ground is a deadly threat or not. Once the man, who was shot, started backing away, the shooting was no longer justified.

Keith
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 10:20 PM

Guess that's what you get when you're a little fella that shoots someone for shoving you to the ground.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/09/19 10:41 PM

I think he should have been found not guilty.. smile
Posted By: Boco

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:09 AM

What ever happened to the subway vigilante?
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:12 AM

Was that Adam M?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:21 AM

While watching the video without sound, and observing the bystanders walking in and out of the store, it is pretty clear that this douche of a human being was raising his voice to the woman, then add all of the hand and arm gestures and getting up too close to the vehicle, I would have shoved him to the ground and then kick him in the teeth.
I hate rudeness in a man. I won't tolerate it.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:21 AM

I don't remember his name but he was a skinny little white runt that was getting harassed by a bunch of darkies on the NY subway.He pulled out a gun and ventilated 4 or 5 of them.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
I don't remember his name but he was a skinny little guy that was getting harassed by a bunch of darkies on the NY subway.He pulled out a gun and ventilated 4 or 5 of them.

Bernard Goetz.
What does that have to do with this case?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:38 AM

He shot unarmed assailants that's what it has to do with it-ya follow?
I was wondering what his sentence was.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
While watching the video without sound, and observing the bystanders walking in and out of the store, it is pretty clear that this douche of a human being was raising his voice to the woman, then add all of the hand and arm gestures and getting up too close to the vehicle, I would have shoved him to the ground and then kick him in the teeth.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 02:27 AM

Thanks for the follow up Lugnut. I thought they had chosen to not charge him last I heard.

If I were the black guy in the video, I'd be dead too likely.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 02:32 AM

Can anyone tell from the grainy video whats going on with the guy in the very right side of the video at the very end?
Posted By: Cope23

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 02:35 AM

the shooter should have his neck snapped...hes a tough guy coward that was looking for trouble
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Can anyone tell from the grainy video whats going on with the guy in the very right side of the video at the very end?

He came out of the store just as the guy shoved him. Then ran and squatted between the 2 cars when the guy pulled the gun. He then walked behind the other car.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

He came out of the store just as the guy shoved him. Then ran and squatted between the 2 cars when the guy pulled the gun. He then walked behind the other car.

smile Thanks.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 09:39 AM

My mother has been a wheelchair a long time. I get being upset over somebody feeling like they ought to take up a reserved parking space instead of walking 100 yards. I get saying something to them. It WAS assault when the lazy guy pushed the mouthy guy. I agree that shooting him was wrong. It was not a "split second decision" either. It was very plain he was backing off when he saw the gun. I think its more likely than not he would have gotten that assault charge had the shooter just called the cops since it was all on video.

You guys all talking about thumping him, you think anybody who is lazy ought to park in reserved for the handicap spots too?
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 09:57 AM

Danny, I agree with you 99% of your post.
The only thing I will say is this. That guy walked out of the store and some guy was screaming at his wife. Good chance is he didn't even know why he was screaming at her, just that he was. I think a lot of us would've done the same thing and gave the guy a shove.
Posted By: thebeaverguy

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 11:58 AM

All this over a parking space?
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 12:17 PM

Crimes comited.
Illegal parking
Assault
Manslaughter

Well that escalated quickly.
Posted By: K52

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

My thoughts exactly.

Some people won't tolerate being shoved to the ground apparently, anytime you choose lay hands on someone you take that chance. Your choice.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by K52

Some people won't tolerate being shoved to the ground apparently, anytime you choose lay hands on someone you take that chance. Your choice.

Yup.
Posted By: Harvester

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:38 PM

I was told through out my childhood to keep my hands to myself.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:49 PM

I don't blame the guy that put gun in hand. I just didn't see a need to kill the guy. He was no longer interested in assaulting the loud mouth who had been berating his wife. As is often the case it is another instance of two bone heads playing who has the most machismo. Now two men who likely both had family that loved them have been taken away from them.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:50 PM

So some of you guys would come out of the store and see some mouthy arsehole yelling at your wife and would just meekly get in the car and have her drive away?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:54 PM

i wouldn't run up and push the guy. if violence was needed it would be real ugly real fast

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 03:58 PM

maybe saying sorry your right I shouldn’t have parked in the handicapped parking spot,have a good day may have been a better choice in this case

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
So some of you guys would come out of the store and see some mouthy arsehole yelling at your wife and would just meekly get in the car and have her drive away?

Seems so.

Also....I'm assuming the shooter was feeling bug and looking for a fight. I work with thousands of handicapped people who many are healthy look working age men from the waste up. They get accosted all the time when parkimg until they open the door.

This twat was screaming at some woman in the passenger seat of a car so extremely that ohers were gauking at the situation. As a man....if you dont check the situation by removing the threat from your loved one in appropriate levels youre not man enough to have a woman.

Id be curious id a toxicology test was done on the shooter.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
[Linked Image]

ROFLBUAHAHAHABABABA
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 04:28 PM

Seems so.

Also....I'm assuming the shooter was feeling bug and looking for a fight. I work with thousands of handicapped people who many are healthy look working age men from the waste up. They get accosted all the time when parkimg until they open the door.

This twat was screaming at some woman in the passenger seat of a car so extremely that ohers were gauking at the situation. As a man....if you dont check the situation by removing the threat from your loved one in appropriate levels youre not man enough to have a woman.

If your woman can’t handle a verbal exchange, she’s not a woman, just a maid.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 04:33 PM

Seems so.

The shooter had a history of this type of behavior. He was reported four times previously for pointing his gun at people during road-rage incidents. He essentially admitted during the police interrogation that he had never been in a physical fight and only felt safe doing this bullcrap because he was armed.

Also not mentioned was that Markeis Mcglockton's (the victim's) three young children were in the car at the time of the killing. Two sons and a daughter.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Harvester
maybe saying sorry your right I shouldn’t have parked in the handicapped parking spot,have a good day may have been a better choice in this case

Words of wisdom. I agree.

That doesn't change the fact that there was absolutely no good reason to shoot the guy.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/10/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I don't blame the guy that put gun in hand. I just didn't see a need to kill the guy. He was no longer interested in assaulting the loud mouth who had been berating his wife. As is often the case it is another instance of two bone heads playing who has the most machismo. Now two men who likely both had family that loved them have been taken away from them.

Best summation of the whole incident.^^^

This reminds me of a dumb stunt my wife pulls occasionally... She will walk right out into the striped crosswalk in front of a store when a vehicle is coming. When I chide her for it she always says it'll be the driver's fault if she gets hit... And then I call her a dumb@-- and inform her that it won't matter whose fault it was if she's dead.

Two lives wasted over some lines painted on pavement.

Mike

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Danny, I agree with you 99% of your post.
The only thing I will say is this. That guy walked out of the store and some guy was screaming at his wife. Good chance is he didn't even know why he was screaming at her, just that he was. I think a lot of us would've done the same thing and gave the guy a shove.

Bingo.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 01:05 AM

He shot unarmed assailants that's what it has to do with it-ya follow?
I was wondering what his sentence was.

That's the issue which many of us have with you from time to time, whitey. Trouble following ya.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 02:10 AM

You got that right,Lack of comprehension is your issue,allright.Not mine.
Who is "us"
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 02:30 PM

I think that's what the shooter told the pusher guy right before shooting him to death.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 02:59 PM

I can't see shoving anybody. Maiming them for life maybe but not shoving. I still say they both were idiots. The woman needs charged with a crime also. When her man came out of the store she got out of the car. She was driving. She could easily have moved her car. No she decided to escalate things also. After all she obviously is special and should be allowed to make a handicapped persons life more difficult in order to make hers easier. She wanted her man to get physical. Its why she got out of the car.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 03:28 PM

I avoid these kind of hassels by limping a bit when I park in the handicap spot.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 03:29 PM

I avoid these kind of hassels by limping a bit when I park in the handicap spot.

Hahahaa laugh
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/11/19 08:47 PM

Exactly. Used only if there's a good chance you won't see your next birthday.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

I think that's what the shooter told the pusher guy right before shooting him to death.

You are very likely correct, but the shooter took it too far. Way too far.
Not only did it put him behind bars for a long time, he single-handedly made everyone who carries concealed look bad in the eyes of reasonable people.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:45 AM

Who is "us"

Lack of comprehension is a 2-way street. You still haven't explained how a guy who is being mugged by thugs with screwdrivers responding with lethal force has anything to do with a guy shooting a guy who shoved him down, then walked away.
You got me on the "us". I do not have a turd in my pocket, and I should not speak on behalf of others.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:35 AM

Who is "us"

Lack of comprehension is a 2-way street. You still haven't explained how a guy who is being mugged by thugs with screwdrivers responding with lethal force has anything to do with a guy shooting a guy who shoved him down, then walked away.
You got me on the "us". I do not have a turd in my pocket, and I should not speak on behalf of others.

Those 4 muggers had long rap sheets and were self admittedly on their way to commit another planned robbery, when they demanded money from Bernard.

Keith

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 04:03 AM

I read the particulars of the Goetz case,and your lack of comprehension is evident yet again.
The people shot by Goetz did not threaten him with screwdrivers,a couple had screwdrivers on them as burglary tools.Their rap sheet is irrelevant as Goetz was unaware of that and unaware that they had screwdrivers,according to Goetz own statements.
Goetz himself said he feared getting beat by the thugs,just like the thug that pushed Drejka.
If anything,Drejka was less culpable than Goetz,since Drejka was actually assaulted,and Goetz was not.
The only charge that Goetz was convicted of was carrying an unauthorized weapon.
Very similar cases with very different outcomes.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 04:17 AM

I read the particulars of the Goetz case,and your lack of comprehension is evident yet again.
The people shot by Goetz did not threaten him with screwdrivers,a couple had screwdrivers on them as burglary tools.Their rap sheet is irrelevant as Goetz was unaware of that and unaware that they had screwdrivers,according to Goetz own statements.
Goetz himself said he feared getting beat by the thugs,just like the thug that pushed Drejka.
If anything,Drejka was less culpable than Goetz,since Drejka was actually assaulted,and Goetz was not.
The only charge that Goetz was convicted of was carrying an unauthorized weapon.
Very similar cases with very different outcomes.

No one died in the Goetz case, that makes it very disimilar.

Darrell Cabey, one of the men shot, admitted in a newspaper interview with columnist Jimmy Breslin that his friends had indeed intended to rob Goetz, who looked like "easy bait". In this case the man shot dead was protecting his woman from a belligerent antagonist and had stopped going after the man who shot him, when shot.

Keith

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 04:24 AM

Getting shoved to the ground isn't (normally) a threat to your life. Deadly force should be reserved for deadly situation

Maybe what's not a deadly threat to you is to somebody else. When you chose to get physical with somebody you just opened Pandora's box. You have no idea of their mental state and things can spiral out of your control in a blink of the eye. Doesn't matter what should be reserved for what, rational thought just went out the window. Doesn't matter who's right, you can end up dead if you choose to lay hands on another man.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 04:32 AM

It is not hard to figure the different outcomes to those two cases that are basically the same.
One occurred before the "Michael Brown,hands up don't shoot" case and one occurred after.
That's it that's all - the difference.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 05:18 AM

It is not hard to figure the different outcomes to those two cases that are basically the same.
One occurred before the "Michael Brown,hands up don't shoot" case and one occurred after.
That's it that's all - the difference.

4 people in the process of robbing 1 person, being shot, but not being killed is not even close to 1 person being shot and killed by another person, while backing away from them, after their aggression stopped.

In Ohio and probably all other states in the US, you are no longer allowed to use deadly force once your attacker stops their aggressive behavior. You are not permitted to use deadly force to punish your attacker.

Keith

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 10:55 AM

Some people wouldn’t feel the urge to chastise someone because they had to park north and south instead of east and west even though the distance to the door is not much difference. By the same token, not everyone sees the end of a threat the same.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by K52

Maybe what's not a deadly threat to you is to somebody else. When you chose to get physical with somebody you just opened Pandora's box. You have no idea of their mental state and things can spiral out of your control in a blink of the eye. Doesn't matter what should be reserved for what, rational thought just went out the window. Doesn't matter who's right, you can end up dead if you choose to lay hands on another man.

I'd agree that anytime you get physical, rational thought goes out the window and you can't predict the outcome. But that doesn't mean getting shoved to the ground constitutes a threat to your life justifying deadly force. Maybe you could make that argument if you were a 120 lb woman shoved to the ground by a 200lb man who just told you he wants to kill you. But if you're a man shoved down by a man who told you to get away from his girl, and then that guy backs u, that's absolutely not a threat to your life.

But, again if agree with hat if you decide to shove someone, they might pull again and blast you, and it will not matter if they were justified or not when you're six feet underground.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 01:48 PM

Threats open the door to perceptions.

I’m reminded of an incident years ago where a guy (A) called the house of his ex-wife and tells the guy (B) that answered that A is coming over to kill B.

B. Answers the door holding a shotgun. A brief exchange of unpleasantries and A pulls a .357 and fires, blowing B’s arm off at the bicep. B, raises the shotgun, steadies with the nub and blast A dead center in the chest. A bleeds out in the front yard, B bleeds out sitting at the kitchen table.

Less than 5 minutes from the time the phone call was made. It would seem that B should have immediately called the police and refuse to open the door even though doing so would have possibly only prolonged the inevitable, possibly causing B to live in a disturbed state wondering “when.” If B had opened the door and blasted him, he would probably be in jail.

Not comparing what happened in the original post, just pointing out that things aren’t always as cut and dried as they appear when it comes to human behavior.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:07 PM

I don't understand why the shooter was there for so long? Say your thing and move on. The guys actions irritated me but without audio its hard to say what she was saying back.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
I don't understand why the shooter was there for so long? Say your thing and move on. The guys actions irritated me but without audio its hard to say what she was saying back.

No audio? I thought the guy said get away from my wife?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:30 PM

I don't have any audio on mine. What did the shooter/woman say to each other?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 02:32 PM

I don't doubt that a bit.

If this is true then you are human trash, BOCO.

Part of my job is enforcing the handicap parking space rules where I work.

It boggles my mind when perfectly healthy people with no handicap credentials,

wheel into a parking space reserved for wheel chair bound people and leave,

tying up the space for a whole day.

Then when they return and find a ticket on their windshield, they hunt me up and

whine and cry that they got a ticket.

I have zero tolerance for low lifes that figure the rules don't apply to them.

They really don't like it when I whistle up "The Hook", and their car is missing

and they have to pay the ticket, the New York State surcharge,

AND the $100.00 + towing fee.

They smarten up real quick after that, LMAO !!! laugh

w

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:07 PM

Regardless of how big are a shove to the ground or a single punch could end your life.if u wait to find out if it does or doesn’t it may be to late.if your blind sided and shoved to the ground and hit your head and become dazed with a firearm on your side that could be taking and used against you ,you may very well of shot him to.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:10 PM

HA HA HA,Walleyed is a Mall Cop,LOLOLOL.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:22 PM

NOPE.

Just try loafing in a handicap parking space without proper credentials

down here in Northern New York with Canadian, Ontario tags

and they'll never find your body, Eh ? laugh

w

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:25 PM

Regardless of how big are a shove to the ground or a single punch could end your life.if u wait to find out if it does or doesn’t it may be to late.if your blind sided and shoved to the ground and hit your head and become dazed with a firearm on your side that could be taking and used against you ,you may very well of shot him to.

That's all true, but that's not what happened in this case. The guy that got shoved didn't hit his head or get knocked out. He *maybe* had cause to pull the gun and point it after he got shoved, for all he knew the guy was going to jump on him and pound his head into the ground a la trayvon Martin, , but once the guy backed up, I here was no justification to shoot.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:25 PM

I'll be able to outrun you with your gimpy leg.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:27 PM

Are you implying there is something special about being a railroad laborer?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:30 PM

I'll be able to outrun you with your gimpy leg.

You can run but you can't hide....and you'll only die tired (and Canadian)!!! laugh

w
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391

I agree. Say your thing and move on. When he got shoved, he was probably already riled up and responded without reasoning shooting the guy. He got the right sentence.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 03:51 PM

That's all true, but that's not what happened in this case. The guy that got shoved didn't hit his head or get knocked out. He *maybe* had cause to pull the gun and point it after he got shoved, for all he knew the guy was going to jump on him and pound his head into the ground a la trayvon Martin, , but once the guy backed up, I here was no justification to shoot.

Perhaps he mentioned he was going to retrieve a gun from his car. I don’t have audio, so I don’t know what was said.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 05:32 PM

"You will only die tied" LOL...….

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 05:37 PM

Gang foreman was a good job,in charge of around 80 men and machines,lots of stress though,especially laying the ribbon.Rip out a mile of track and you better make sure it is back in service before the next train.Hold up a passenger train and you wont be around long.Winter on the section as foreman was a lot more laid back.Never worked as a seasonal labourer.
What do you do for a living Stevie?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/12/19 06:39 PM

Never worked as a seasonal labourer.

BOCO,

Stop spelling like an ignorant Canadian.

You don't need that extra u in labourer laborer !!! laugh

Geeze !! laugh

w

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/13/19 01:28 AM

He's just making sure yous guys comprehend him right...

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 01:14 AM

The judge gives his opinion beginning at 51 minutes. He lays into Drejka before throwing the book at him. "Wanna-be cop, handicap parking place enforcer."

Posted By: Mac

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 01:48 PM

Well, just read this entire thread and you will soon see why some people get pushed to the ground and others shot. One minute a fellow calls another a piece of trash and the next he say they will never find the body. Tough guys. Wow
Real life ain't the movies. You just cannot kick the $hit of someone, even if they deserve it, and go home to watch the evening news like nothing happened. Why on earth would someone shoot someone backing away? Because everyone has the tough guy attitude, a smart mouth and does not think. The majority running around today are plain stupid. What ever happened to mind your own business? What ever happened to trying to discuss things?

Danny, Loosegoose pretty much summed things up.

From my point of view, the turd head shouting at the lady should not have been running his gums. It would be one thing if it were his job to enforce the law, but it was not. He should have minded his own business. Could have got his license plate and reported him. Yes, it might feel like one would want to kick his butt, but is that the smart thing to do?

The guy coming out of the store made several mistakes. It is pretty much the way of many to say "Well I would have kicked his butt" . Sounds good but with any kind of training one would recognize a situation that could turn ugly. It would have best to ignore the idiot and move along. If one felt the need to addressed the situation, one could in engage in a dialogue in an attempt to see if one could calm the idiot down. If that did not work, leaving would be the best answer.
In this day and with the climate of this country, any time you engage in a physical altercation, you are asking for trouble and opening yourself up to a crap storm.
One should view everyone as carrying. Especially a loud mouth idiot like the guy shouting at the women.
When you lay hands on someone and knock them to the ground you stand against several possibilities. The old fart could have hit his head and died on the spot. The old fart could pull a gun or other weapon. You need to be smarter than a parking lot stripe.

Think things through. Remain calm.
Lots of good comments in this thread from some level headed folks.

Edit: Watched the judge video. From the guy that shot the other, I guess he was older due to his movement and body language. My God the shooter was stupid. See, you never know who your are messing with. Stupid and armed is a bad thing.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 01:53 PM

Seems to me that the woman thought she could do as she wanted with no regard for the law and so did the guy who got shot. I guess if they did follow the laws he would still be alive. He pushed the wrong guy to the ground....my guess is that worked for him many times before but not this time.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Seems to me that the woman thought she could do as she wanted with no regard for the law and so did the guy who got shot. I guess if they did follow the laws he would still be alive. He pushed the wrong guy to the ground....my guess is that worked for him many times before but not this time.

Marty, pushing the shooter to the ground was a stupid thing to do, whether he was armed or not. Staying alive and protecting your family is a thinking mans game. Neither guy was very bright in this encounter.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 02:22 PM

I believe the pusher was an ex con. What if mike did not pull his gun? What happens to him next? Can he see all around him while laying on his back? No. Is he at a disadvantage? Yes. Pulling the gun may have stopped further violence. Maybe Mike was disorientated and reacted on instincts? If we are taking all prior behavior into consideration maybe look into prior behavior on the pushers part. I do not want the country to be taken over by hood rats that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences....but it seems we are on the way there.
When violence escalates it really is the first person who resorted to violence that is at fault. There was a lot of pressure by the black lives matter folks to get this verdict. The same group would have wanted the cop that shot mike brown locked up but we all know how that turned out..

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 02:41 PM

I believe the pusher was an ex con. What if mike did not pull his gun? What happens to him next? Can he see all around him while laying on his back? No. Is he at a disadvantage? Yes. Pulling the gun may have stopped further violence. Maybe Mike was disorientated and reacted on instincts? If we are taking all prior behavior into consideration maybe look into prior behavior on the pushers part. I do not want the country to be taken over by hood rats that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences....but it seems we are on the way there.
When violence escalates it really is the first person who resorted to violence that is at fault. There was a lot of pressure by the black lives matter folks to get this verdict. The same group would have wanted the cop that shot mike brown locked up but we all know how that turned out..

LOL crazy

Lugnut- thank you for posting the sentencing hearing. Judge laid it out very clearly.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:13 PM

Since the OP seems tired out I would like to take a poll on one of the replies.

You can’t dish out punishment to a retreating assault, or something to that effect.

If that had been a hand to hand incident at which point does defense become offense?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:18 PM

If your fighting fair your tactics suck. I bet the judge has no concept of that.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:19 PM

When the other guy falls, stops fightings, says uncle.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:29 PM

LOL, not tired out Hobbie, just taking it all in. Okay, maybe a little tired out, just got back from setting the first part of my fox line out.

I'm a little disappointed and sort of surprised by how many defended the shooter.The threat had passed, the guy was retreating when he was shot. That right there makes it an unjustifiable shooting.

The shooter had a long history of this sort of behavior and it was bound to come to this sooner or later.

The guy doing the shoving had a stranger go into the store and tell him there was some guy confronting and yelling at his wife. He went out there and saw exactly that. I can't honestly say I wouldn't have done the same thing. At the very least I would have put myself between the loudmouth and my wife, I'd have been right in his face. Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

I think the judge laid it out pretty precisely and watching the shooter during sentencing, you could tell there still wasn't a bit of remorse for needlessly murdering a guy in front of his family. The guy died right in front of his five-year-old son.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:33 PM

What it comes down to for me is this.....When I'm laying in a gas station parking lot bleeding out from a gunshot to the chest, it won't matter to me, or to my wife, or to my kids, whether or not I was justified in shoving some guy I didn't have to shove, or whether or not the guy that shot me was justified in doing so. All that will matter is that I'm dead, and that's all that'll matter to my wife and kids.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 03:36 PM

That Drejka guy looks identical to trumps judge Kavanaugh.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 04:07 PM

When the other guy falls, stops fightings, says uncle.

“Stops fighting”, you mean resting?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 04:09 PM

I think the judge laid it out pretty precisely and watching the shooter during sentencing, you could tell there still wasn't a bit of remorse for needlessly murdering a guy in front of his family. The guy died right in front of his five-year-old son.

Of course there was no remorse, he was correcting a wrong and was attacked in his mind.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 06:45 PM

LOL, not tired out Hobbie, just taking it all in. Okay, maybe a little tired out, just got back from setting the first part of my fox line out.

I'm a little disappointed and sort of surprised by how many defended the shooter.The threat had passed, the guy was retreating when he was shot. That right there makes it an unjustifiable shooting.

The shooter had a long history of this sort of behavior and it was bound to come to this sooner or later.

The guy doing the shoving had a stranger go into the store and tell him there was some guy confronting and yelling at his wife. He went out there and saw exactly that. I can't honestly say I wouldn't have done the same thing. At the very least I would have put myself between the loudmouth and my wife, I'd have been right in his face. Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

What it comes down to for me is this.....When I'm laying in a gas station parking lot bleeding out from a gunshot to the chest, it won't matter to me, or to my wife, or to my kids, whether or not I was justified in shoving some guy I didn't have to shove, or whether or not the guy that shot me was justified in doing so. All that will matter is that I'm dead, and that's all that'll matter to my wife and kids.

This is what I've been saying all along and a lot of people on here just don't get it. They want to argue about if it's justified , that the shooter was in the wrong and they would handle it the same way.

Doesn't matter if your right or wrong, shove the wrong guy to the ground and you just might end up dead. Put your hands on another man and that's the chance you take. Reasonable, rational and justified are all words used a lot in this thread and they meant nothing in this instance. You're trying to assign your values to a complete stranger in a physical confrontation, you've opened Pandora's box and death might be waiting for you.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 07:46 PM

Seriously me too ,You get older and somebody shoves you to the pavement it can be life threatening

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa

Seriously me too ,You get older and somebody shoves you to the pavement it can be life threatening

It could be, but it wasn't in this case.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 08:33 PM

How many on here defending Drejka are the same ones who lament the good old days when you met after school and used fists to settle disputes? Drejka is a coward who started something with his mouth and chose a gun to finish it. Overwelmed apparently by his fear.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Of course there was no remorse, he was correcting a wrong and was attacked in his mind.

His mind was correct because he was attacked.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 09:16 PM

He just wasn’t quick enough to draw and fire on his way down.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 10:02 PM

lugnut asks:

Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

i would answer if i had any idea of what your blathering about

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 10:05 PM

I think those "special" spots for handicapped is socialism gone wild.
Soon you will see "gay" parking spots etc.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 10:22 PM

i wouldn't run up and push the guy. if violence was needed it would be real ugly real fast

I can't see shoving anybody. Maiming them for life maybe but not shoving. I still say they both were idiots. The woman needs charged with a crime also. When her man came out of the store she got out of the car. She was driving. She could easily have moved her car. No she decided to escalate things also. After all she obviously is special and should be allowed to make a handicapped persons life more difficult in order to make hers easier. She wanted her man to get physical. Its why she got out of the car.

That is what I wrote.

For what its worth I don't think 20 years is long enough for shooting a man who is trying to retreat. He wasn't driving off in a stolen pickup, he didn't have the mans two year old under one arm, He was retreating. You don't take someones life to prove who has the biggest pair.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 10:37 PM

I think the impact from the bullet made him go backwards,before that he was advancing.
If he was shot running away from the gun he would have been shot in the back.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 10:54 PM

lugnut asks:

Does that make me a hood rat Danny?

Sorry, that was supposed to be directed and Marty for the following:

I do not want the country to be taken over by hood rats that think they can do whatever they want with no consequences....

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/16/19 11:37 PM

laugh

Beware the Hood Rats...
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 12:16 AM

I guess I'd be dead too. Because if I come out of the store and some psycho is going crazy on my wife and kids at the car id would most definitely take that as a threat to my family. Only I'd try to knock the guy out with the first blow

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 12:38 AM

I don't want to be unsympathetic. It was upsetting when I heard Drejka's father wouldn't allow him to be a police officer.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
I guess I'd be dead too. Because if I come out of the store and some psycho is going crazy on my wife and kids at the car id would most definitely take that as a threat to my family. Only I'd try to knock the guy out with the first blow

I do not think that was his wife, unmarried allows them to collect government assistance for all the kids...
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by RM trapper

I do not think that was his wife, unmarried allows them to collect (our hard earned tax money) for all the kids...

Fixed it.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:18 AM

You guys make a lot of assumptions.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:21 AM

You guys make a lot of assumptions.

Are you new here?

LOL

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:22 AM

I am pretty sure he was an ex-con and unmarried with multiple children that have been on state assistance all their lives...

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:27 AM

Source?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:28 AM

Source?

Probably the internet, it has to be true.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:32 AM

Source?

My memory. He was an ex con and not married but had multiple kids that were on welfare.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 02:20 AM

Well then your right, he probably deserved to die.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 02:44 AM

From what I found Markeis McGlockton (the victim) and Britany Jacobs (his girlfriend) were a couple for ten years and had three children together. He worked nights as a 7-Eleven clerk and stayed at home with the kids while Britany worked days as a CNA. Markeis was convicted of possession of cocaine and weed in the past

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 03:31 AM

Well then your right, he probably deserved to die.

Do not put words in my mouth, I never said he deserved to die. I said the shooter should not have been found guilty. Lots of comments on the shooters past so I thought it would be good to give the other sides past.....Originally the sheriff who viewed the video footage refused to charge the shooter saying it was a legal shoot. Then black lives matter/politics came into the picture.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 11:36 AM

The sheriff was an idiot with an agenda. After an actual investigation had been initiated Drejka was arrested, charged and ultimately convicted.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 01:34 PM

Good thing for us all that black lives matter is an agenda free group that just wants justice..... crazy

Mike was violently pushed to the ground in a blindside attack that he never saw coming. The attacker stopped advancing when he pulled his hanfgun or he probably would have gotten stomped as a result of a jap attack. This was no fair fight...it was a jap blindside attack. Jailyard tactics, get the guy on the ground by blindsiding him and stomp him. The woman probably would have joined in the stomp action. As far as the guy 'retreating' he was backing up to the vehicle, maybe he had a gun in the vehicle. He initiated an very violent blindside attack on an older much physically smaller man. Handgun equalized the fight. Too bad I was not on the jury….

As far as him being convicted do you remember OJ was found not guilty? I guess that means he never killed those people.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 02:28 PM

How did black lives matter influence the jury?

The judge only passed sentence. The jury saw the idiot who watched the old Michael Douglas movie Falling Down one to many times, for what he was. A guy who thought carrying a gun made him special. He enjoyed confrontations as he now felt confident harassing people. He already had pictures. All he had to do was go to the police station and sign a complaint to get a ticket sent in the mail.

It's no wonder people are so scared of permissionless carry. This guy had permission and was still a nut job. Would really surprise me to find out he had not applied to the local police force for a job and was determined to be psychologically unfit.

Should have got life and the woman who helped escalate it should have gotten the 20 years. All this stupidity played out in front of kids. Any bets on whether any of them grow up to be responsible adults?

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 02:39 PM

Stand your ground is a good legal defense, but it's one that should be decided in court by a jury except in the most obvious cases. This is similar to the trayvon Martin thing; initially there was no investigation there either, and then it turned into a big mess with the guy getting convicted in the court of public opinion unfairly. Had that case gone through an investigation right away and gone to court, it likely never would have made the national news, and it's the same with this. If the sheriff's had sent the case to court to be decided instead of playing judge/jury/trial we'd probably never even know about it.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 02:51 PM

The sheriff in this case did gun-owners in Florida and across the nation a huge disservice by ignoring what he saw on the video, calling it a justifiable shoot under "Stand Your Ground" and refusing to do any meaningful investigation.

The victim was in retreat and there was no threat to the shooter when he pulled the trigger. As a result of the sheriff's actions Florida's Stand Your Ground law came under intense scrutiny and criticism. Stand Your Ground is not a legal justification to kill someone who hurt your feelings.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 03:37 PM

I agree with most on here. It was a bad shoot in my opinion. Had the guy that shoved him kept coming at him, I believe it would have been justified. As it happened, the guy had turned around and was no longer a threat. I'm all for self defense and the use of deadly force if (god forbid) it is needed. That being said, it is the very last resort not a "go to". There was plenty of opportunity to deescalate that situation. Carrying a firearm is an awesome responsibility and using it even more so. If you ever have to use one in self defense, a few things will be almost guaranteed,
1. You will probably go to jail. It could be hours or it could be the rest of your life. It all depends on how good the shoot was. Chances are, even if it's a perfectly justified shoot, you'll at least see the inside of county jail until things get sorted out.
2. More than likely you will be sued by the surviving family or the individual that was shot provided they are still alive.
3. You will be paying thousands or even tens of thousands in attorney fees for both criminal and civil actions.
4. You will probably have some PTSD symptoms depending on what happened and you will have to deal with that.
5. It will 100% change your life and probably not for the better.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 03:39 PM

I guess all that is better than being 6 feet under.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 03:54 PM

I guess all that is better than being 6 feet under.

Maybe, maybe not. If the shooter was say 60yo and he does all 20 years, he will be 80 if he lives that long. Health care in prison isn't very good on average so chances are if you have any age on you, a 20 year bit is life. I might rather be 6 feet under than living in a 6'X12' cage the rest of my life surrounded by gang bangers, drug dealers, rapist and other dregs of society. Not really an easy choice and one I hope to never have to deal with.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 03:57 PM

So if you got a gun and get attacked it might be better just to shoot yourself?-Ejit.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 04:56 PM

2 idiots one dead the other in jail.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 07:11 PM

So if you got a gun and get attacked it might be better just to shoot yourself?-Ejit.

Not what I'm saying...…. Come on now, have some peanut butter, (known as "brain food"), raise your IQ to 60 and try to get with the conversation.

Re: Michael Drejka Sentenced - 11/17/19 09:17 PM

It wasn’t that he had a gun. It wasn’t that he shot him. It was “when” he shot him.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums