Home

Keystone Pipeline leaking again

Posted By: danvee

Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 07:42 PM

Wow brand new pipeline and the second leak all ready in North Dakota this time in a wetland. Interesting how they can be having problems so quick. I find it hard to believe that the Canadian tar sands are worth the effort given the price of crude and the cost to produce tar sand oil. I think I read one time it takes a close to a 100 cubic yards to process one barrel of oil. Just heard on the news that Iraq hit a new oil field worth billions of barrels. the oil market is as crazy as the fur market, only difference is everyone wants oil.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 07:51 PM

Intentional sabotage by the environmentalists seems like a likely cause of the leak. They have little morals when it comes to pushing their world domination agenda.

Keith
Posted By: Bob

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 08:35 PM

I’ve spent a decade in the oil and gas industry and to me it is very surprising that there has been one leak, let alone two. The precautions we take to ensure things underground are extensive and very nearly 100% foolproof. Every weld must pass an x-ray inspection, is primed and coated with durable corrosion preventing enamel, then is gone over with an instrument that detects thin spots in the coating and recoated in those spots. Then they’re set on a bed of sand to prevent rocks from rubbing through the pipe over time, any 90s or risers are wrapped with a half inch thick rubber mat to prevent chips and rubbing, it’s buried with sand a foot deep and the rest is filled with fill dirt.

So to me, knowing that I have never seen a pipeline leak except the ones that have been in the ground since Christ was a child, it seems like sabotage or something equally as nefarious.
Posted By: M.S. Pickins

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 08:46 PM

There will be many more leaks throughout its lifetime and when the company is done with it it they will disband and leave it where it rests. Happens time after time and that pipeline with with whatever oil is left in it will slowly melt into the ground over the next couple hundred years, unless local action is taken to remove it.
Posted By: Nodak63

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 09:11 PM

The brand new pipeline is the keystone xl, this one is over a decade old. This happened about 20 miles from my house and it covered half an acre. Latest news was half of the oil had already been recovered. It’s in a “wetland” only if you consider a low spot in a crop field a wetland. It has caused virtually no harm to anyone or any animal. It’s a nonstory. Keep those pipes flowing.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 09:18 PM

"It will go into the ground"...
Where did it come from ???
The sky ???
Posted By: Boco

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/10/19 10:24 PM

He was out one day shooting at some food
and up through the ground came a bubbling crude.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins
There will be many more leaks throughout its lifetime and when the company is done with it it they will disband and leave it where it rests. Happens time after time and that pipeline with with whatever oil is left in it will slowly melt into the ground over the next couple hundred years, unless local action is taken to remove it.

Huh?

Osky
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 01:32 AM

"Slowly melt into the ground" WELL THAT'S WHERE IT CAME FROM!!! IT JUST WANTED TO GO BACK HOME!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 01:40 AM

Meth and welders?
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 02:15 AM

The next distraction from the Democrats getting their butt handed to them on this phony impeachment nonsense. Oh, and Epstein didn't kill himself.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 02:25 AM

Democrats. They want everything u got...except...your job.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by nimzy

grin
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
Wow brand new pipeline and the second leak all ready in North Dakota this time in a wetland. Interesting how they can be having problems so quick. I find it hard to believe that the Canadian tar sands are worth the effort given the price of crude and the cost to produce tar sand oil. I think I read one time it takes a close to a 100 cubic yards to process one barrel of oil. Just heard on the news that Iraq hit a new oil field worth billions of barrels. the oil market is as crazy as the fur market, only difference is everyone wants oil.

Source?
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/11/19 10:22 AM

Iran said it found the oil not Iraq but then it means nothing
Posted By: M.S. Pickins

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

"Slowly melt into the ground" WELL THAT'S WHERE IT CAME FROM!!! IT JUST WANTED TO GO BACK HOME!

Haha well lets hope it seeps into your water supply.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vinke
Meth and welders?

Yep meth heads they are gitting it done lol. The company i work for hires contractors to do about everything any more and wow you should see some of them. But i guess they need jobs to, we get to sign there work permits and point them into the job. We just stand back and watch some are good entertainment . Oh yeah snd trade stickers with them our company's slogan is "we dig clean air"
Posted By: RedIShedND

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:58 AM

This is in my back yard the non stop traffic of non residents dose not go un noticed, this pipeline brought many good top paying jobs in the area when it was installed, some of the comments seem not like pipelines just ask yourself if you would rather have another train derailment with oil cars the next time it could happen in a city the last one in ND the fire could be seen for miles
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 01:32 AM

Comes down to what is more economical for everyone. Unless you a liberal? Then economics and logic don't mater. Climate change is your religion and the earth is your god.

Got windmills piping up all over here. Drives me absolutely nuts! Ruins the view both in day and at night. Carbon footprint to make and dispose of them is off the charts, inefficient, loud, kills birds, and limits what you can do with land around them.

Always gonna be someone who is against it for personal reasons! No matter what your doing. "Can't make em all happy"
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 01:32 AM

Leaks can happen but they are rare with all the testing they go though, if the pipe is in the ground, which I believe it is, as far as sabotage at the point of welding it would take several people to accomplish from the welder to the lift operators that put it in the ground not saying it is impossible but would be very difficult.

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 01:35 AM

I think we are now number one in global oil and coal production?

That benefits of that out weighs any negatives of a spill!

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 01:37 AM

Lol

Paper bags were killing trees, plastic was the solution, now plastic is killing ocean, and now liberals are banning everything!

sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 01:43 AM

24in natural gas pipeline through my back yard.hope it don't ever spring a leak.

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 03:21 AM

KABOOM!
Posted By: Actor

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by nimzy

I am not sure they want what we have …. they don't want us to have anything !

Garry-
Posted By: MJM

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:06 PM

For those of you that are against the pipe lines, do your part and shut off the one going into your house.
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:25 PM

Mark I agree 100% shut the one off that runs your house.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 12:32 PM

the 24 in gas line in my yard is basically to make sure ny city never runs outta gas.they pump it into the hills to store it and this line pretty much just connects storage areas.

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 04:48 PM

A lot of people nowadays are shutting off all kinds of utilities and going "off the grid".
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
A lot of people nowadays are shutting off all kinds of utilities and going "off the grid".

If I was Younger and had payback time , I would too!
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 06:43 PM

"Slowly melt into the ground" WELL THAT'S WHERE IT CAME FROM!!! IT JUST WANTED TO GO BACK HOME![/quote]
Haha well lets hope it seeps into your water supply.[/quote]

If you're drinking tap water without filtering it you're a fool.....
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 06:53 PM

Statistical Fact, pipelines do not leak as much as democrats on Capital Hill...

<smile>
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

Yeah,

They're called homeless people, hobos, and bums. laugh

w
Posted By: Wahusker

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 09:35 PM

The Keystone 1 pipeline, that was brought on line in 2010 (No KXL pipe has been installed, though TC has done some pre construction work) has had 3 major leaks and another 20 some minor leaks in 9 years. TransCanada testified they might have 1 spill in 50 years.
Contrary to the poster that was blaming environmentalist sabotage, the 2016, 9000 gallon spill was determined to be because of a faulty weld.
The 400,000 gallon spill in 2017 was determined to have been caused by faulty placement of a saddle weight, or that it was subsequently run over by construction equipment. Both excuses have been used. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...le-previous-estimate-paper-idUSKBN1HE0T7
No determination as to cause of this recent 380,000 gallon spill has been announced yet, but I'm betting it is shoddy workmanship....again! The story is that, although the spill was into wetland, NO drinking water source was contaminated by the oil. No mention of the 1/3rd BTEX or 130,000 gallons of toxic and carcinogenic product they use thin the tarsands to make it flow.
TransCanada is currently suing about 100 landowners in Nebraska to TAKE a right of way across their privately owned land.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 10:48 PM

Yes many just don't want to accept the reality that those opposed to the pipeline would be the ones likely to cause the leak by damaging the pipeline.

We need to accept that when creating these significant infrastructure items that we are dependent upon good workmanship, oversight and monitoring and repair. That is the least we should anticipate or expect. Also those 100 NE private land holders need to be respected for their views and ownership and dealt with fairly. I worked with farmers in a neighboring county that had a much smaller pipeline go through the area and the pipeline companies were very difficult to deal with to say the least. I participated in several crop damage estimates and they were talked a good line but in the end they were not willing to live up to their original commitments and with the legal staffs they had and their telling farmers take this by this date or you can sue us which means farmers would get little to any more and years down the line.
Farmers could not go to town, county or even state government as the pipeline firms had made offers to the government municipalities and they were not giving up their funds.
Bryce
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by MJM
For those of you that are against the pipe lines, do your part and shut off the one going into your house.

Flip the main breaker for electricity too. 62% of it is produced by natural gas!!!!!

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/13/19 11:04 PM

Is the pipeline above ground or buried, if buried seems it would be very evident if it was tampered with. Was Deep Water Horizon and Exxon Valdez sabotage? I have no doubt these projects could be done better but bottom line is money. I worked for a pipeline company and they got away with all kind of infractions it was called cost of doing business and just payed the fines. I didn't know private property was being condemned or under law suit, for me that would be time to exhibit my second amendment rights flat out fight.
Posted By: Wahusker

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/14/19 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Is the pipeline above ground or buried, if buried seems it would be very evident if it was tampered with. Was Deep Water Horizon and Exxon Valdez sabotage? I have no doubt these projects could be done better but bottom line is money. I worked for a pipeline company and they got away with all kind of infractions it was called cost of doing business and just payed the fines. I didn't know private property was being condemned or under law suit, for me that would be time to exhibit my second amendment rights flat out fight.

The Keystone pipelines are "supposed" to be buried 7 feet deep or deeper, depending on the terrain.

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/14/19 04:21 PM

Well If someone messed with it Im thinking it would be very obvious.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Keystone Pipeline leaking again - 11/14/19 05:01 PM

Google ....oill train derailments...you'll soon realize these leaks are a lot less frequent and less damaging than shipping by rail.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums