Home

Destroying deer blinds in WI

Posted By: Law Dog

Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 04:58 AM

Looks like a group of ALF (Animal Liberation Front) are out destroying deer blinds in WI 3 different counties so far so keep an eye out for them head cases. Making threats to hunters (The hunters will become the hunted) so watch your six.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:42 AM

Was on the local news last night,we are right across the river from St.Croix couny.
FBI has Alf listed as a terrorist group.
Tom
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 08:34 AM

Post a reference?
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 11:41 AM

Here is a link: https://www.nbc26.com/news/state/wisconsin-deer-stands-damaged-animal-rights-group-suspected
Posted By: k snow

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 11:49 AM

Whack jobs. Would have thought it would be closer to Madison, but I guess they are everywhere.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 11:53 AM

Great...I'm going to New Richmond this week to hunt pheasants for a few days.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 12:02 PM

Well I can guarantee they won’t be doing it during the rifle season.
What a bunch of nuts.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 12:09 PM

"The hunter will be the hunted"

Now if that dont make your blood boil. Hope they dont escalate this to physical violence.

Sabotaging stands can already kill someone. If this is federal land maybe the FBI can get involved.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:05 PM

The Left are irrational self absorbed spoiled brats. They'll keep pushing until we all are slaves... then dead.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:08 PM

sure the FBI could get involved , put ALF on the list of hate organizations and label them a domestic terrorist organization.

freeze all their assets

they did make death threats against about 600K people.

the leaders of the org appear to have taken credit for it.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
If this is federal land maybe the FBI can get involved.

Maybe, but which side will they be on?

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

you would hope that they would investigate the death threats and property damage , the risk to public safety. (deer hunters are not a risk to public safety, lets see 600K auto drivers go 9 days without killing anyone )

instead nothing will happen.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:28 PM

Likely not on federal land, as the stand pictured appeared to be a permanent elevated box blind which wouldn't be legal on federal land I dont think.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Likely not on federal land, as the stand pictured appeared to be a permanent elevated box blind which wouldn't be legal on federal land I dont think.

Right! would have to be on private land in WI or would be illegal.. Maybe some exceptions for temporary permit for handicapped. Not sure??
I would guess too that most maybe visible from a road of some kind. There are a lot of stands like that in the area where I hunt. I hunt public land and the stands are on private land adjacent to that.. Lots of them can be seen from public roads..Still remote enough could slip in and knock them apart.

Bad deal!

Mac
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 02:04 PM

Just more B.S. hunters have to put up with.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 02:56 PM

Its Just a Shame they aren't taken more seriously by the Different Law enforcement agencies. It is a True crime that can and could easily become inflamed into Much more.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

My first thought

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 04:24 PM

They are already on the FBI's terrorist list.
St.Croix county is only 18 miles from St.Paul ,and MPLS.,.A lot closer than Madison.And those two cities have as many nut cases as Madison.
Tom

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 04:45 PM

You would think some bowhunters would of seen something they could report maybe. Watching tree stands in WI would take a lot of man power we need to keep a eye out and look for idiots in the woods that don't belong there. No camo, no orange dressed wrong, wrong vehicles and get a plate number.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:29 PM

I've never worn camo in my life and only wear orange during the gun nut season. There are gobs of people that don't fit your profiling that are legit in the woods, birders, hikers, rock hunters. Go on , you're as bad as the terrorist.

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:38 PM

They are doing their damage at night.
Tom

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
I've never worn camo in my life and only wear orange during the gun nut season. There are gobs of people that don't fit your profiling that are legit in the woods, birders, hikers, rock hunters. Go on , you're as bad as the terrorist.

That's going too far out on a limb tjm; saying a Tman member making suggestions to be on the lookout- is being as bad as the terrorists.

This is a Good informative Thread ....hate to see it pulled because it takes a Left turn........

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:46 PM

Indiscriminate accusations are pretty far left imo. take plate numbers of all the vehicles in the woods, OK, but saying that the terrorist can't wear camo or that a hunter must is plain wacky.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:51 PM

I still would guess the alf women mostly have weird color hair and to much testosterone and the men have man buns, deushy looking facial hair and to much estrogen.

Keith
Posted By: k snow

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I still would guess the alf women mostly have weird color hair and to much testosterone and the men have man buns, deushy looking facial hair and to much estrogen.

Keith

And drive priuses our subarus covered in stickers, carry backpacks with spray paint, wear facemasks. Most hunters here can tell the difference between a hiker/bird watcher and a trespasser/criminal/terrorist.

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 05:59 PM

Maybe and the blinds they destroy might be birders hides rather than hunting blinds, for all that they know. They too are making assumptions. That is the similarity that stands out with the profiling.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:00 PM

Those of us that spend a lot of time in the woods recognize the same vehicles parked in their usual locations. We could note strange vehicles in strange places without actually accusing anyone of anything. If we later learn some damage to stands has occurred, we could provide some information that might be helpful to law enforcement.

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
Indiscriminate accusations are pretty far left imo. take plate numbers of all the vehicles in the woods, OK, but saying that the terrorist can't wear camo or that a hunter must is plain wacky.

Saying that a Tman member suggesting we all "look out for oddities " is as bad as a terrorist is the plain wacky comment.

***We are all Sportsmen/ Sportswoman on here and should remember Our common cause and Pauls's Stated rules.

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:05 PM

The local female agitator drives an old Chevy pickup and hauls kayaks around, has two or more boy friends is middle aged and she's as nutty as they come,

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:16 PM

Some of you guys are missing a major point.This is all being done in the cover of darkness.
How hard is it for someone to quickly drop off the terrorists and pick them up a short time later ,after they have done their dirty work.
Wiconsins gun deer season is still almost 2 weeks away,so those that hunt then are not spending that much time in the woods.
Lets hope these idiots are caught and dealt with severely.
Tom

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Some of you guys are missing a major point.This is all being done in the cover of darkness.
How hard is it for someone to quickly drop off the terrorists and pick them up a short time later ,after they have done their dirty work.
Wiconsins gun deer season is still almost 2 weeks away,so those that hunt then are not spending that much time in the woods.
Tom

Exactly Right

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
The local female agitator drives an old Chevy pickup and hauls kayaks around, has two or more boy friends is middle aged and she's as nutty as they come,

did she move there from Wisconsin. the waco near our deer camp moved on couldn't find work in the area any more we heard , took her 20 years to burn bridges with ever one who might hire her but she managed.

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Tom

Exactly Right

hoping someone gets them on a trail cam.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 08:39 PM

Booby trap your blinds.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 09:05 PM

LawDog and GreenCountyPete are both right in that if you see suspicious activity or strange vehicles to record license plate #'s or take a photo can't hurt! A trail cam may already have the evidence needed to forward to law enforcement. Nobody is suggesting an assault on innocent folks in the woods no matter what their description or hobby/activity!

Chris
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Booby trap your blinds.

I think most of us here would like a little vigilante justice on lot of them folks. Problem is when you start setting booby traps beyond just a camera. Open your self up to more trouble than you could imagine if you hurt someone. I can think of two different case years back where someone did their version of booby trap because they were frustrated by constant thief. Both times a young person died..May have been a thief may not. Lot of people besides the law frown on person being judge, Jury, executioner..
My self I'd love it if a person could set up a simple mine. Trespasser trip that mine it sprays them with purple dye and makes them smelling like skunk.. Kinda like the loaded bank notes the tellers hand robbers.. I'm guessing even that would get a guy in legal trouble he couldn't afford unless he's a banker..

Mac
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/12/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Originally Posted by Boco
Booby trap your blinds.

I think most of us here would like a little vigilante justice on lot of them folks. Problem is when you start setting booby traps beyond just a camera. Open your self up to more trouble than you could imagine if you hurt someone. I can think of two different case years back where someone did their version of booby trap because they were frustrated by constant thief. Both times a young person died..May have been a thief may not. Lot of people besides the law frown on person being judge, Jury, executioner..
My self I'd love it if a person could set up a simple mine. Trespasser trip that mine it sprays them with purple dye and makes them smelling like skunk.. Kinda like the loaded bank notes the tellers hand robbers.. I'm guessing even that would get a guy in legal trouble he couldn't afford unless he's a banker..

Mac

I like the purple dye, mine idea, but you would probably end up with a lot of purple deer, furbearers and other wildlife. You may be able to make a mine, that takes a high enough psi, on the pressure pad, that most wildlife could not set it off.

Keith
Posted By: waggler

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/13/19 12:20 AM

"The hunter will be the hunted"

Now if that dont make your blood boil. Hope they dont escalate this to physical violence.

Sabotaging stands can already kill someone. If this is federal land maybe the FBI can get involved.

It doesn't need to be on Federal land. Domestic terror anywhere in the USA and it's territories can, and is being investigated by the Feds, already including AR and Eco-terrorist groups.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/13/19 12:33 AM

if I booby trapped my blind i'd be the first to forget it
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/13/19 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

grin

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/14/19 02:44 PM

Just shaking me head what a clown show this is getting to be. LOL
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Destroying deer blinds in WI - 11/14/19 11:52 PM

Im not proposing anybody does this but a good stink trap can be made with a small drilled out light bulb some skunk essence , electrical tape ,and a mouse trap works best if placed over head
© 2024 Trapperman Forums