Home

supreme court betrayed us. again

Posted By: danny clifton

supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 05:11 PM

Supreme Court lets Sandy Hook shooting lawsuit go forward

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/12/supreme-court-sandy-hook-remington-guns.html
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 05:26 PM

All breweries, distillers, and automobile manufacturers will set up and take notice. Drunk drivers kill a lot of people every year.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 05:48 PM

The lawsuit can go forward but I just can not see anyone wining any case. Mike Bloomberg will be putting up a lot of money to get the best in this type of lawsuit. JMO
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 05:53 PM

The court did not rule on this they declined to hear the case. They can only hear so many cases and though this seems of import to us we have no idea what else they have to hear during the upcoming period. I imagine the court knows they will see this case coming back after the lawsuit and they will then rule weather the judgement (if there is one) can stand.

Maybe I am a touch optimistic today but this does not seem to open the flood gates yet and is not a betrayal of the court.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
The court did not rule on this they declined to hear the case. They can only hear so many cases and though this seems of import to us we have no idea what else they have to hear during the upcoming period. I imagine the court knows they will see this case coming back after the lawsuit and they will then rule weather the judgement (if there is one) can stand.

Maybe I am a touch optimistic today but this does not seem to open the flood gates yet and is not a betrayal of the court.

I think you are right . They want to see how it is play out.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 06:41 PM

I see where they are taking up DACA today and have an abortion case coming up. I think they have some big fish to fry and as others have said if there is a ruling in the law suit they will see it again. Probably during Trump's next term.
Posted By: hippie

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 07:13 PM

My thought when I read it.....wait and see how lower court rules on it because that ruling will probably get appealed..
Posted By: hippie

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 07:15 PM

Although it would've been nice if they nipped the bud here. I'm no lawyer, so maybe it's better this way.....or maybe not?
Posted By: waggler

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 07:30 PM

This case was not "ripe" enough for the SCOTUS to hear.
Not a big deal.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 08:28 PM

Suing Remington would like be trying to get blood out of a turnip!!! Ain't got no money to get!!
Posted By: adam m

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
All breweries, distillers, and automobile manufacturers will set up and take notice. Drunk drivers kill a lot of people every year.

Don't forget cell phone makers carriers and social media. Distracted driving causes many accidents and automobile fatalities mainly due to cell phone usage
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 08:53 PM

Add cigarette and cigar manufacturers and Bic lighters. Hammers, baseball bats and knives could be next as well. Where or when will it end?

Chris
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 09:17 PM

This is where I say: i told you so.

The judges and justices that Trump is appointing to supposedly protect the 2A are not Scalia.

They are not us.

Stock up!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
This is where I say: i told you so.

The judges and justices that Trump is appointing to supposedly protect the 2A are not Scalia.

They are not us.

Stock up!

SCOTUS did nothing wrong at all. They weren't presented the case to rule on if Remington can be sued, they ruled on if the case could move onward because of State law which involves marketing practices. Of course they said yes. It will then bubble up in the lower courts for perhaps years, then may end up to where SCOTUS decides if Remington can be sued. This had nothing to do with the Presidents picks, just common sense.

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 09:35 PM

^^^^^^^
This.
Don't get your panties in a bunch over this. Unfortunately there are organization (which I generally support) who will try to make this non-decision by the SCOTUS into a fund raising opportunity.
Posted By: James

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 09:38 PM

Good analysis of the story. I agree.

Jim
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 10:31 PM

Its the Connecticut supreme court, not the usa supreme court.
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 10:34 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Lawful_Commerce_in_Arms_Act

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anaconda canoes
Its the Connecticut supreme court, not the usa supreme court.

I believe the story is about the SCOTUS making a ruling (or declining to rule) about a case before the Connecticut Supreme Court.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 10:51 PM

The left is definitely spinning this as a victory against gun manufacturers, of course. Just saw the story CNN had on the topic.

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 10:56 PM

^^^^^^
Let CNN and all the others continue to delude themselves; works in our favor in the long run I think.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 11:28 PM

Lol

Yeah!

Get rid of OSHA and let the fun begin!
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: supreme court betrayed us. again - 11/12/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by James

Good analysis of the story. I agree.

Jim

I'm not a lawyer but I play one on the internet!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums