Home

Groeny buys fur live

Posted By: muddyriverdogz

Groeny buys fur live - 11/13/19 11:24 PM

Groeny buying fur live on Facebook in NW Iowa.. It just ended.

https://www.facebook.com/furandwoolmarket/videos/2322719001373598/
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/13/19 11:30 PM

Northeast Iowa. Elkader.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/13/19 11:41 PM

So now you guys don't even have to dispatch it first? Wow, and I thought you guys had it easy being able to sell in the grease.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 01:44 AM

Not as bad as i thought for early Coon.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 04:58 AM

I thought as well that the prices seemed to be a bit higher than I thought they may be. Most of the in the grease coon lots were averaging about $6-$7 with all those smaller ones in. I did notice that the snared coon were down sized a grade or size and I can see why they are. The one lot of 74 dry coons the group of $7 coons were at $9 instead of $7. The two groups of better coon and the two groups of lower coons were the same price as the in the grease coons.
I though rats at $5, $3.75 and $2.50 for large sounded pretty decent. Should be able to get into the mid $3.00 for averages with those prices.

Bryce
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 05:18 AM

He almost forgot to give him his gloves and never paid him for the muskrat.lol
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 10:25 AM

I don't want to be a debby downer but if he was live on facebook you'd think he'd want to pump the prices a bit knowing plenty were watching. That being said any coon moving right now is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I sold to them last year and was pleased. Still up in the air this year....sure are plenty of people chasing coyotes.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 12:04 PM

That’s what I was thinking Wade. The live Facebook prices are the very best you can hope for, might be hard to achieve from one of the other over the road Grony buyers. Either way, was surprised by the Coon prices.

I’ve never thought you got paid much if anything for the final finish from Grony. I think they prefer Coons in the grease.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 12:16 PM

Nice video. Reminds me of Dutch flopping furs around.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 12:35 PM

I didn’t watch the whole thing but I think that was a video that was posted on here last year if it wasn’t those 2 first guys was the first 2 in line last year also.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Groeny buys fur live - 11/14/19 12:50 PM

Good video. Might make the early coon trappers think twice about waiting til a week into November or later next year. Gives trappers who have never sold to Groenewold at a stop an idea of how it works. No grinners wanted, eh?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums