Home

Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine

Posted By: Anonymous

Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 01:17 PM

Is it diabolical this month, or is it just me?
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 02:07 PM

Yes
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 09:57 PM

Wife or me can't find either!!
Posted By: huntrap247

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 10:12 PM

Apparently they are making them harder to find now?

I quite looking because it was always easy, I haven't found them in the last two editions. crazy
Posted By: mole

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 10:26 PM

They have been known to forget to put the fox in.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 10:49 PM

I confess to being the person who started you on this mission. I thought putting something in the magazine that was hidden would cause people to really look the magazine over closely, which would especially be good for the advertisers and it was really hard to sell ads when I first became editor of the Fur Taker. When I hired Dave Hastings as the ad salesman, his ambition helped get things going and when I turned the reigns over to him a few years later he continued to put the fox in there.

Surprisingly, one time when I put the fox in an ad, the advertiser called me up and asked me "what the heck was this thing in my ad?" and they wanted a free ad because of the one they thought was ruined. Oh Well.

And yes, on month I did forget to put it in. Really messed with people. Maybe that's what happened this time. Glad to see people are still enjoying it after all these years.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/14/19 11:09 PM

I haven’t looked yet in my copy, thanks for the heads up.

I really enjoy looking for it.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 12:39 AM

I haven't found that fox in the last 3 magazine.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 12:48 AM

This is a timely post. I just went through my issue and figured they missed it this month. crazy
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 11:56 AM

I went through it 3 times once with magnify glass. Wife went through it also. It’s a no show.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 12:14 PM

I have never yet found the fox, then again I never look for it. I often wondered how many readers look for it, I guess there must be quite a few that do look for it each month. If they hid a mink it would be worthwhile for me to look for it.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I have never yet found the fox, then again I never look for it. I often wondered how many readers look for it, I guess there must be quite a few that do look for it each month. If they hid a mink it would be worthwhile for me to look for it.

I remember the day you were a fox trapper and that was b4 mink!
Posted By: black and tan

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 12:29 PM

I love looking for the fox and Wisconsin trapper has a badger been successful finding them just never win the drawing.
Posted By: Trapper Dan 57

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 10:57 PM

I have never found that sneaky little thing. Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time looking but have fun trying to spot it. I used to be the editor for Texas Fur Trails and would put a humorous comic style strips in it. One time I took colored circle stickers and challenged members to determine what the scratch and sniff smell was on the circle Of course they were just plain stickers with no scent. Had my whole shop peeling and applying the stickers before getting them in the mail. Everyone enjoyed the humor! Dave Hastings is an amazing editor and writer. Hope the little fox remains forever.

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 11:05 PM

Anyone here find it in October's edition?

I looked front to back twice with no luck.

How bout a hint?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
Is it diabolical this month, or is it just me?

yep, EVERY month!...lol
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/15/19 11:54 PM

Let me reassure anyone reading this that the fox is in the October and November issues. I will admit that the November issue is much more difficult than I thought it would be due in part to the printing process. It blends in so well, it makes it very difficult to locate. As for the October issue, it had a good number of correct location submissions for the fox. My advice to anyone wishing to keep looking is to use a magnifying glass and check the entire issue. As a helpful hint, I will say that it is hidden in one of the ads so don't waste time looking at anything that isn't an ad. As a bonus hint, it isn't in any of the FTA ads either.

If you don't find it, I do have the location listed in the upcoming December issue but again, I'd suggest using a magnifying glass even when you know where it is.

Eric Arnold
Editor, Fur Taker Magazine

Re: Fox Hidden in Fur Taker Magazine - 11/16/19 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by WCT
Let me reassure anyone reading this that the fox is in the October and November issues. I will admit that the November issue is much more difficult than I thought it would be due in part to the printing process. It blends in so well, it makes it very difficult to locate. As for the October issue, it had a good number of correct location submissions for the fox. My advice to anyone wishing to keep looking is to use a magnifying glass and check the entire issue. As a helpful hint, I will say that it is hidden in one of the ads so don't waste time looking at anything that isn't an ad. As a bonus hint, it isn't in any of the FTA ads either.

If you don't find it, I do have the location listed in the upcoming December issue but again, I'd suggest using a magnifying glass even when you know where it is.

Eric Arnold
Editor, Fur Taker Magazine

Thanks for the tips, they were very helpful!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums