Home

antler hunters dream?

Posted By: danny clifton

antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 06:50 AM

Picture was taken in the U.P. the photographer wont say where. wants it to survive so he can get more pictures as it grows older.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2019/11/13/one-million-deer-captured-camera-michigan-woods/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scout1

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 08:10 AM

That one would be a real pain to cape out!!
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 10:42 AM

If I see that thing out there this morning I think I'd pass.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 11:45 AM

It's already old by looks of the pictures.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 12:56 PM

Now that deer is famous and any hunter that shoots it will face demonization by the job-hunting public for killing such a rare specimen. Like those who cry for the protection of albino deer.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 01:04 PM

Should be culled so bad genes are ended.

Mac
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 01:14 PM

Bang
Posted By: Cragar

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Should be culled so bad genes are ended.

Mac

X2
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 01:40 PM

As likely damage to antler while growing, or damage to skeletal structure of back leg or shoulder as it is genetic
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 01:47 PM

It's not at all "rare", and it has nothing to do with genetics. It's caused by an injury to the pedical. I used to see them when I did taxidermy. Even deer with three actual pedicals aren't all that rare. This is just an online columnist trying to make a name for himself with the clickbait title.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 02:12 PM

Meat's meat.

Moosetrot
Posted By: tlguy

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 02:15 PM

M. Magis, while I can't comment on the rarity of a whitetail with three antlers, I can tell you if you read the article you'd know you're 100% wrong about the guy trying to make a name for himself. He posted the picture to his Facebook page and pretty much forgot about it until it blew up.

Who peed in you cheerios this morning?
Posted By: 160user

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy

Wouldn’t that make them soggy? Sounds like a terrible idea. It must be a Green Bay thing.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
M. Magis, while I can't comment on the rarity of a whitetail with three antlers, I can tell you if you read the article you'd know you're 100% wrong about the guy trying to make a name for himself. He posted the picture to his Facebook page and pretty much forgot about it until it blew up.

You're right, I misspoke I guess. I was referring to the author of the article, and the clickbait title. I have no idea about the persona that took the pic. I will edit my post.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 09:23 PM

Saw on the news last night, somebody has a Puppy with what looks like an extra tail growing between it's eye's!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 09:30 PM

I have seen a lot of deer in my life and never saw one with three antlers. maybe like black coyotes (almost non existent in ks) in some areas its more common than others?
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 09:50 PM

Coll looking buck. I got one like that a couple years ago [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac

Re: antler hunters dream? - 11/15/19 09:51 PM

Nice
© 2024 Trapperman Forums